Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Watson back in town Sunday to spend time with Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Watson back in town Sunday to spend time with Morris

Feb 18, 2013, 10:12 AM

Watson back in town Sunday to spend time with Morris

Clemson's 2014 QB commit, Deshaun Watson, was back in town for a few hours Sunday afternoon as he watched Clemson's basketball team. Why was he back in town so soon after his official visit? Is he All In? What did he talk about with offensive coordinator Chad Morris? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Watson back in town Sunday to spend time with Morris

Feb 18, 2013, 10:22 AM

How can you not like this guy. He a 100% ALL IN, and he is a great role-model. I can't wait to see him and swag tag-team in 2014.

Feb 18, 2013, 10:33 AM

This kid has accounted for more than 150 touchdowns in three years with a senior year yet to play. That is almost impossible to believe. If he stays healthy he could have 225+ in his career .Sounds as if he is ALL IN too! Great job Dabo.

When a coach spends time talking about the kid's interests

Feb 18, 2013, 10:33 AM

and not about recruiting, that is the BEST kind of recruiting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2013, 10:41 AM

Better hope Morris stays. If he leaves i think Watson follows.

How's yer Momma and Dem...good idea.***

Feb 18, 2013, 11:02 AM

Feb 18, 2013, 11:07 AM

The quality of the character of the young men we are getting is the most impressive thing I notice. Sure, we have a rare few slip ups from time to time, but I would put the character of our guys up against any team in the country. There is a reason for that, and it starts with the examples and the expectations our staff sets and the accountability they all are held to. Character does matter!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure the AJseC will still find a way to hound him

Feb 18, 2013, 11:10 AM

no matter how committed he is. Unlike others, I think Watson knows what he wants and will stick with us! Can't wait to have him on campus!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure the AJseC will still find a way to hound him

Feb 18, 2013, 11:17 AM

Wouldn't it be great to have Hood in the backfield with him? Not sure it will happen but I can dream can't I?
2014 will be a great recruiting class for our team. Especially if we get the job done this season.

Him and Hood together would be unbelievable***

Feb 18, 2013, 12:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2013, 11:41 AM

This kid really seems level-headed and conscientious! Can't wait to see him playing for the Tigers!

Canceled tickets?

Feb 18, 2013, 12:06 PM

That's seriously showing some commitment to throw money away like that. I'm glad we have a kid that know's what he wants and what his word means, not that I would have been against him taking the visit. Well done Watson.

Re: Canceled tickets?

Feb 18, 2013, 1:16 PM

commitment leads to success, success leads to championships, players as well as coaches ALL-IN everyone. bring another national championship trophy back to CLEMSON.

As good as this seems, if everything goes as well as we hope

Feb 18, 2013, 4:11 PM

this season, Morris will likely get a head coaching job, and his connection with Deshaun could adversely affect our ability to hold on to his commitment. In the end, I suppose this is a problem, but it is a good problem to have.

Hey Urban Myer.....

Feb 18, 2013, 4:18 PM

SUCK IT!!!!

And while we are at it: BACK OFF!!

Sounds to me like DW is ALL IN....and would be very welcomed in Tigertown!

Way to go coach Morris!!

Go Tigers!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2013, 6:30 PM

After his official visit to Clemson, Watson cancelled a trip to Ohio State- wasting a pre-purchased ticket- because he said he needed to stay true to Clemson.

“I didn’t really think about it when I bought the ticket,” he said. “I was just thinking that I wanted to visit. After a while, I just had to think that the stuff that I was doing to Clemson was bad. It was just one of those things that I had to do. I just decided to stay home and help my basketball team try to get a win instead of taking the trip.

I hope that Coach Morris listened to this young man's comments and learned from them, or that Coach Morris told Watson of his experience in interviewing with other colleges to help the young man understand the impact "visits" make.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Go tigers!!!***

Feb 18, 2013, 8:14 PM

I wish that it was Dabo spending

Feb 18, 2013, 9:48 PM

Time with him. We will have another good year and Morris will get an offer that he likes. Watson is turning into the glue for this class and we will get some other recruits because of him. Thus, I am extremely concerned that Morris leaves and Watson follows.

Also, did anyone watch his comments in the videos about how he would like to get an offer from the USC or the Ducks. He sounded very interested in those schools.

Get ready for some more drama. This thing is far from over. I will believe he is all in when he signs his LOI.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish that it was Dabo spending

Feb 19, 2013, 6:21 AM

agreed..Watson will go with Morris...Morris is the one that made the original offer. He spends time with Morris, talks about Morris' offense. Hope he stays, but Urban has already tried to get Morris once, mainly to get Watson. He will try to make Morris the highest paid OC and asst head coach

He already is.***

Feb 19, 2013, 9:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wish that it was Dabo spending

Feb 19, 2013, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I wish that it was Dabo spending ]

You sir are foolish. Morris is the highest paid assistant coach and Ohio St would be paying two outlandish paychecks to get Morris because of his buyout. The only way Morris leaves is for a head coaching job at a top program.

null

Wow...what a special young man Deshaun is...Commitment means

Feb 18, 2013, 10:03 PM

something to Him...regarding commitment to his high school basketball team & to Clemson!

Clemson will be very fortunate to have him as player & student in 2014.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic