Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Biggest football game of the season? You decide.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Biggest football game of the season? You decide.

Feb 11, 2013, 10:56 AM

Biggest football game of the season? You decide.

It’s never too early to look into the crystal ball, and see what could be a special 2013 season for the Tigers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC. Period.

Feb 11, 2013, 10:58 AM

No doubt other games are important, but the USC game is more important than any mother single game next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USCjr...easily

Feb 11, 2013, 10:59 AM

We MUST beat these coots. If not, Dabo can take a hike.

It'll get ugly around here if we go 10-2

Feb 11, 2013, 11:13 AM

without winning the division or beating SCar again.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

honestly...

Feb 11, 2013, 11:15 AM

I think we're better than 10-2 next season. I think we're at a point where 10-2 next year would just be "ok."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One loss will be disappointing. More than one

Feb 11, 2013, 11:17 AM

will be anywhere from "okay" to "unacceptable" depending on the circumstances. 5 in a row to SCar is unacceptable regardless.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

may not have a chance to be this good on offense for a while

Feb 11, 2013, 11:20 AM

Senior QB, All-American WR in Watkins backed up by amazing talent in Peake and Bryant, and O-line that has played together for a year, and solid talent at RB. We'll still be pretty young this year, but the senior leadership in Boyd is a huge intangible that we'll be lacking when he's gone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly will be in his third year. If Chad is here

Feb 11, 2013, 5:43 PM

we'll be fine.

That's about the biggest possible "if," though.

agree.....this year considering what we are "on paper"......

Feb 11, 2013, 11:37 AM [ in reply to One loss will be disappointing. More than one ]

and yes 5 in a row is inexcuseable and unacceptable

of course IMO 4 in a row is

but the modern day clemson fan doesn't seem to care as long as we're winning in the ACC and getting 10 wins a year............which is fine, but ya gotta beat SCar

I think you mean modern day coach---we still feel the same

Feb 11, 2013, 11:42 AM

about sc

i actually meant to say both fans and coach

Feb 11, 2013, 11:45 AM

it doesn't seem to mean as much anymore to a lot of "fans" on here

and i still don't think dabo puts enough emphasis on beating them

Have you ever considered

Feb 11, 2013, 11:50 AM

that player-wise and coach-wise, that they're better at this junction. It's hard to accept sometimes, but they have coached up thy're talent, and mixed in some good players(Clowney). However, Dabo is getting us there, and I believe we're on the brink of something special.

coach-wise yes.....player wise? ehh.......

Feb 11, 2013, 11:57 AM

i think the on paper talent has been close some years, they have a slight edge, others we do.

but the talent gap has NEVER been so drastic to justify getting beatdown by 10+ points 4 years in a row.

I agree to some extent

Feb 11, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to agree.....this year considering what we are "on paper"...... ]

This isn't the same Scar teams where we could just push around like in the past. Like it or not, the have a HOF coach who has put the pieces together down there.

many would say clemson has done the same........

Feb 11, 2013, 11:48 AM

i don't care whether they are 0-11 or 11-0

4 in a row is inexcuseable

they've had some good teams, but the only game they "shoulda" beat us was in 2010..........getting beat down to an at the time 6/7 win team in 2009 was unacceptable as well.

but the most inexcuseable loss was this year AT HOME, AT NIGHT

And that would be why? Our players and fans didn't care?

Feb 11, 2013, 12:14 PM

Our players could not match their players? A play here and there like a dropped ball or interception?

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Biggest football game of the season? You decide.

Feb 11, 2013, 10:59 AM

2009 and 2011, with the ACC title on the line for the first time in 20 years, the SCar game took a backseat. But with the ACC Championship and 10 win seasons in our pocket, at some point, beating the coots has to become priority.
There will be a stain on everything we have accomplished the last few years if we lose to them a 5th time in a row.

#1. Beat the coots

The stinkin coots, period.***

Feb 11, 2013, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2013, 11:12 AM

Beat ugay and the rest of the season falls into place nicely. If that game is a win, we go through the season highly ranked, and we stay that way unless and until we get beat. Lose that game, and it takes a miracle to regain respect. By the time we play the coots, they will have lost a couple of times. If we lose to ugay, it is an uphill battle all the way for us, and it will be tough enough to win some of those games, anyway. The least little slip means a minor bowl and another year of listening to the ESecheatPN spin machine talk about how wonderful the SECheat is.

South ####### Carolina***

Feb 11, 2013, 11:12 AM

DAWGS SUCK!!!!***

Feb 11, 2013, 11:14 AM

it's either beat the ####### coots or face another month of

Feb 11, 2013, 11:16 AM

five-n-a-row franc posts. my gawd, think about the children.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a tough one, but getting to a BCS bowl almost...

Feb 11, 2013, 11:17 AM

...requires winning the ACC, no? Not absolute, but it's hard pretty hard for two ACC teams to get in the BCS. But then again, there is nothing better than knocking the smirk off the face of a Gamecock or Dawg.....

Tough one. I vote FSU.

VT and Clemson got in two years ago

Feb 11, 2013, 11:22 AM

so I don't know how hard it really is. Plus, we can almost get a better bowl pairing by not winning the ACC than we can by going to the Orange Bowl in some years. Would you have rather won the ACC and played Northern Illinois than have played LSU? Not me.

I think our goal has to be to not only win the ACC next year, but to challenge for a national title. So that not only means we have to beat FSU, but we also have to beat UGa and all the other teams on the schedule.

I guess I see this year as NC or bust....

Feb 11, 2013, 11:39 AM

....so if we do not make it to the NC I'd rather be in a BCS. Building the program in the eyes of recruits is a matter of looking like you are on the rise. So, recovering from '11 BCS bowl embarrassment by beating LSU is better followed up by another BCS win or a shot at NC. Not written in stone, because beating SEC teams carries a lot of weight too.

I could care less how the end of the season is viewed by the professional sports yappers and writers, but they have some impact on recruits in my mind. So, winning the conference and winning a BCS is kind of important.

The only place it doesn't matter much (playing NC or BCS) in my opinion is in future coach recruiting. No doubt you always have to be ready for another exit, and coaches look at program over the yappers.

The answer should always be: "The Next One".***

Feb 11, 2013, 11:19 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's certainly true if you are on the team. But us message

Feb 11, 2013, 11:45 AM

boarders should feel free to speculate and discuss amongst ourselves.

#1, #2, And #3 SOUTH CAROLINA

Feb 11, 2013, 11:22 AM

Hands down no questions asked

Gotta whip UGA, 'cause guess who they play the next week?!

Feb 11, 2013, 11:32 AM

Would love to see a VERY angry group of Dawgs totally dismantle the yard birds between the hedges!!

it would be easy to say uga. we BETTER BEAT SC SOON. but

Feb 11, 2013, 11:40 AM

the biggest game is fsu--our main in conference,in division rival.

UGA - sets the tone for the entire season. Just like Auburn

Feb 11, 2013, 11:52 AM

did this year.

Lose to UGA and we might already be on shaky ground if the players lose focus with a shot at the NC off the table. I'm sure that's one of the reasons Boyd came back.

A successful season STARTS with beating USuCk...

Feb 11, 2013, 11:54 AM

and to quote Baron Von Richtofen:

"EVERYTHING else is RUBBISH"

Take note, "dabo"

You need some new Facebook friends!!

Feb 11, 2013, 12:17 PM

Just kidding David.

Beating The Dirt Peckers is far and away the most important game because:
1) we simply cannot lose FIVE TIMES IN A ROW to one of the worst group of fans and jerk of a coach (he's not of of the biggest jerks, he IS the biggest)in the history of the world.
2) if we lose to the DP again, I hope they fire every freaking football coach, assistant, staff member at Clemson. this is beyond embarrassing and a joke. how can you expect to be taken seriously as a program and lose five times to your arch rival. What is acceptable? six, eight, ten??? It must stop this year - period!
3) they are an SEC team, in OUR STATE. It hurts our brand and revenues.
4) late season losses linger longer than any others; hurts our bowl game tier, hurts to live with that awful feeling for 8+ months.

UGA is important but even if we lose, assuming it is not an Orange Bowl fiasco, all is not lost.

FSU is important but I think they lose 2+ in the conference which will allow us room for one loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2013, 12:47 PM

UGa game is most important because it is the next game... the next game is always the most important!
However to USC again would be unbearable. Have we ever lost 5 in a row to them? Some records should not be broken.

If we lose to them again, their run of 5 will exceed the

Feb 11, 2013, 1:01 PM

Our most recent streak. Then we will be saying but we did it multiple times. This alone makes this the most important to me. Take care of bus at home against ga and fsu and we will not have to say we only lost one game we were not expected to. I know all 3 is greedy so my answer is still the coots.

Beat UGA

Feb 11, 2013, 5:03 PM

We need to know where our secondary is and UGA has the talent to stress our players and scheme. If we dont beat UGA and our secondary hasn't improved then guess what teams will attack the remainder of the year . Any coincidence that Spurrier used the passing game against us after that tire fire against NcSt?

Feb 11, 2013, 5:19 PM

NCST - They always have a way of sneaking up on us when we look past them. It is the "little" games that scare me. Been to Carter Finley all pumped up and come home with my tail between my legs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2013, 6:04 PM

Biggest game of the season:UGA
Why? Because it fits the first of 4 criteria Dabo sets for the season.
They are:1)Win the opener.
2) Win the division.
3) Win the Conference.
4) Beat your rival.
I think it's the biggest game only because it sets the tone for a possible top 5 finish.Lose and any chance of finishing in the top 5 comes down to beating FSU,USC,and losing no more than 2 games period.

Feb 11, 2013, 7:38 PM

58% pick Georgia?????? Have you guys not been around the last 4 years???

Have you not been around the last 23 years?

Feb 11, 2013, 8:33 PM

That's the last time we beat UGA. We are closer to Athens, GA and they have even LESS respect for us. We have neither recent, medium-term or long-term history we can use against those people. We absolutely MUST beat UGA.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is the logical answer, USC is the emotional one.***

Feb 11, 2013, 10:55 PM

It's sad that our losing streak even has SCar in the mix.***

Feb 12, 2013, 2:10 AM

Thats easy...The biggest game is the NEXT game...***

Feb 12, 2013, 9:20 AM

Defeating SCar is #1 priority.

Feb 12, 2013, 9:32 AM

Winning the ACC does not do anything for our national perception. Everyone assumes the ACC is weak and winning it only makes us the tallest midget. In order to improve our standing in the eyes of the nation we have to beat SEC teams. Doing this not only makes Clemson look better but it makes the SEC look beatable. Beating either SCar or Georgia would be great but beating the coots gives us a win against our rivals and ends the streak.

So...
1)Beat SCar

2)Beat Georgia and prove the SEC ain't shhhhhh

3)Beat FSU and win the ACC ...but even if we lose, if we beat GA and Scar it just shows that the ACC is pretty tough after all.

Feb 20, 2013, 10:11 AM

Ask any winning coach, and he will say "the next game." If a team doesn't approach the entire season that way, they will usually lose when they should have won.

i say uga....beat them then confidence sky high. chop the noles then pluck the coots....***

Feb 20, 2013, 2:09 PM

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic