Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins NFL draft prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,924

Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins NFL draft prediction

Feb 4, 2013, 9:46 AM

Nuk Hopkins NFL draft prediction

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins NFL draft prediction

Feb 4, 2013, 9:56 AM

"[Nuk] has a propensity for catching the football at its highest point and winning jump balls. This is something that the Seahawks ask of their receivers and highly value"

Um, isn't that something that EVERY professional football team asks of their receivers and highly values?

Feb 4, 2013, 10:03 AM

Not if you are the Dallas Cowboys!

Not necessarily ... Raiders ... Darrius Heyward-Bey ...

Feb 4, 2013, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins NFL draft prediction ]

Some teams consider raw track speed to be at the top of their list.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that he goes first round but that comparison to Tate

Feb 4, 2013, 9:56 AM

Is actually pretty good. Tate is probably bigger but they are both a step slow but make a lot of tough catches and tend to get open a ton. People may think I'm crazy but Nuk is actually a lot like Jerry Rice. Hard worker, very smart player, great route runner and maybe not the top end speed as others but somehow is always open. Would like to see him play in a west coast offense with a lot of slants, Ins and dig routes that would showcase his ability to get open and make catches.

This comes from a Seahawks analyst? Who actually

Feb 4, 2013, 10:12 AM

employs him? The NFL? A local media outlet?

Oh, I get it. He's a "staff writer" for drafttek.com. Yawn. If he happens to know what he's talking about, however, it could be big for Nuk.

Last year, Dont'a Hightower was the 25th overall pick. He got a 4-year deal for $7.7 million, $6.3 million guaranteed. I would be thrilled for Nuk to get a deal like that.

Message was edited by: David78®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 4, 2013, 11:22 AM

USA Today has Seattle (#25) picking Terrance Williams ,WR,out of Baylor.
Not commenting,just saying!

Feb 4, 2013, 2:08 PM

The question which is also a problem for some is how rare is Williams? I see guys like that all the time. Anybody who can't identify how special Nuk is has no clue what they are watching. The guy just simply gets it done, period. You can't explain it or quantify it with a stopwatch. I guarantee that 90% of the DBs covering Nuk this year are "faster" than him on a track in a race wearing spikes and speedos. For the life of me no one can explain how Nuk repeatedly got open and was repeatedly on the OTHER SIDE of many defenses. Even when they knew the ball was coming to him. See LSU late game drive. Hmmmm.

Feb 4, 2013, 2:23 PM

You simply can't defend a well-run route and perfectly-thrown ball. The advantage is all in favor of the receiver.

Nuk runs such a good route he gets just enough separation that a good pass will give him a great chance at making the catch. A lot is timing, too. Lots of times Nuk was open but the ball didn't get there in time. In that case, DBs do have a chance to close on him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 4, 2013, 11:35 AM

I hope the prediction is accurate. The Seahawks would be getting a real winner, and good for Nuk, too. He has earned the elite status.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2013, 3:15 PM

hell do well.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,924
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic