Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question

Feb 4, 2013, 12:17 AM

Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question

4-star tight end prospect Jeb Blazevich was in town for Clemson’s Elite Junior Day, and when the recruits got a chance for small Q&A with Dabo Swinney, Blazevich got to ask the question he has wanted to ask for a while. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question

Feb 4, 2013, 12:26 AM

Why do you post this nonsense? Just keep it up. All you do is giving all the other boards more words to say. Just let them have a conversation without all the nonsense with it all. Dumbing down the recruiting more. I am sooooo tired of it all. They are all so young. They will pick the one that coerce them the most. Its not about loyalty anymore. Its about who gives them more. I have faith in Tahj and our coaches will get the ones we need. Go Tiger!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2013, 6:13 AM

Running from competition and not addressing issues is not the way to handle recruits IMHO. Dabo did a great job in answering the legit question that was asked by Blazevich. We beat Georgia and then the Coots and that question want even be asked any more.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it'll be asked until someone outside the sec hoists the

Feb 4, 2013, 8:53 AM

trophy.

7 years in a row now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it'll be asked until someone outside the sec hoists the

Feb 4, 2013, 8:55 AM

well if some of you havent noticed, no other conference has hoisted the trophy either, not just the acc. how many other conferences had 2 teams in the final top 10.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it'll be asked until someone outside the sec hoists the

Feb 4, 2013, 9:21 AM

I'm sure whenever a school from another conference goes head-to-head with the $EC, they get the same treatment. We hear about it because we follow our own recruiting. And the ACC goes against the $EC in recruiting a lot more than the BigXII or the B1G.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

like dabo said, it's not the sec hoisting the trophy(s),

Feb 4, 2013, 9:01 AM [ in reply to it'll be asked until someone outside the sec hoists the ]

it was 'bama,uf, and lsu, depending on the year. most of that conf. is comparable to every other conf- top to bottom. as blazevich(sp?) said, the other sec schools use it as a tool, riding the coattails of their big brothers,if you will.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: like dabo said, it's not the sec hoisting the trophy(s),

Feb 4, 2013, 11:23 AM

You are all over it. There are the bees in the conference and the wannabees. All but a few in there are the latter. Many of the wannabees now seem to be ponying up the offers to get the studs into their programs, but up 'til now it has been the few elites that have carried the banner. That said, we do need to start back beating usuc while we continue to beat the ones who beat them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know how to settle this.......

Feb 4, 2013, 11:02 AM [ in reply to it'll be asked until someone outside the sec hoists the ]

Let's go get that trophy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ .***

Feb 4, 2013, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have posted this complaint in the wrong place

Feb 4, 2013, 6:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question ]

because your statement is the only nonsense I see. This recruit and Dabo say nothing but the truth and more recruits need to read something like this. I see Dabo's comments as realistic and the exact words that he needed to say when asked that question. I hope all the other recruits on campus were paying attention. BTW - we don't care what other boards have to say.

Re: You must have posted this complaint in the wrong place

Feb 4, 2013, 8:10 AM

Coach is only saying what the rest of us feel.

Re: You must have posted this complaint in the wrong place

Feb 4, 2013, 11:32 AM [ in reply to You must have posted this complaint in the wrong place ]

I agree, and it seems like this young man heard what he was looking to hear. We are a great program, no matter which conference we are in, and we compete very nicely with whomever we play. Of course we, like all schools, have had some down games, but we have kicked some pretty good butts too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SOOOOOOO

Feb 4, 2013, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question ]

Our Coach sells our school and this somehow upsets you? He's making kids think for themselves instead of just eating up the SEC machine. I greatly appreciate his response and it being published on here. Hopefully, more recruits will see it and hear it realize the SEC is a media machine moreso than it is the end all be all conference that they are made out to be.

Also,

Please step away from the ledge and stop with your nonsense.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Feb 4, 2013, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question ]

Nonsense is right. Just because you beat a terrible Auburn team and beat LSU (which was a good win) does not make your program comparable to what the SEC schools go through on a yearly basis.

Every conference is going to have teams that don't perform well. The SEC had Kentucky and Auburn as a great example but looks at where these schools finished at the end of the year. The SEC has 7 of it's schools in the top 25 and the ACC has 2. It is not comparable by any means.

You must lack reading comprehension....

Feb 4, 2013, 9:18 AM

Where did Dabo say the ACC is comparable to the SEC....

Dabo sells Clemson not the ACC.

The reasons the SEC had so many schools in the top 25 is a)teams rarely play a tough OOC schedule and
b)the homers/media/espn pump your conference so much every idiot thinks kentucky can beat clemson or fsu just because they are in the SEC.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: You must lack reading comprehension....

Feb 4, 2013, 11:15 AM

He did talk about Kentucky being bad. Too bad he can't use Vandy anymore.

Feb 4, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Top recruit asks Dabo big SEC question ]

And probably 4 of those wouldn't be if they weren't in the SECheat..... get over yourself.... there are about 3 really good teams in the SECheat and the rest are just decent, but the get put in the top 25 because of the conference they play in..... not because they deserve to be there....

i can answer that question for him..

Feb 4, 2013, 12:36 AM

what separates clemson from the sec is a simple patch on the jersey's

Re: i can answer that question for him..

Feb 4, 2013, 11:13 AM

it goes way deeper than just a patch!

Was it:"Coach, does theSEC use performance enhancing drugs?"

Feb 4, 2013, 12:51 AM

*L*

Education, which is what's most important.***

Feb 4, 2013, 7:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Feb 4, 2013, 8:36 AM

I would have loved to have added CU to the SEC over Mizzou. Guess we'll just have to settle on our home and home for now. This rivalry should be played yearly.

I agree completely. I would love to drop the coots and play

Feb 4, 2013, 8:40 AM

Y'all yearly instead.

Re: i can answer that question for him..

Feb 4, 2013, 8:41 AM

Outstanding reply!!

Clemson could very well hold their own in the "mighty" $EC. While we may be saddled with the ACC tag....we most definitely represent CLEMSON!!

Recruits will take note of Dabo's excellent (and truthful) response!

Hopefully for THEIR sake, the really smart ones will choose to come play somewhere bigger than themselves and truly be "ALL IN"

this kid finally said what most kids are thinking***

Feb 4, 2013, 8:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't sugar coat it for them.... E$PN is a business...

Feb 4, 2013, 8:51 AM

They have a product to sell....and that product is the $EC (currently) If the Pac10 or the Big10 gets hot - then we will be flooded with Pac10 speed....or Big10 defense.

Living in the south , we know what gets jammed down our throat now. I do wonder what the left coast gets fed.

You have to feed your cash cow.... You keep other cows in the field...but there are some you pay extra attention too.

So bottom line.... What's the difference between Clemson and the teams in the $EC ? Last year, alot actually - We didn't perform in the last 6 or 8 minutes against SCjr - otherwise the difference would have shown out in a sweep of the $EC.

So is Tnet. That why Tnet has SEC plastered on the front!

Feb 4, 2013, 10:12 AM

Capitalizing much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully he ALSO told him (for his mom) that on Sundays....

Feb 4, 2013, 9:06 AM

after their Clemson career, they are playing in the NFL. Cause we all know Mommy and Daddy are making all of the school decisions these days. Helicopter parents at its worst.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree completely. I would love to drop the coots and play

Feb 4, 2013, 9:14 AM

I bet you would

Re: I agree completely. I would love to drop the coots and play

Feb 4, 2013, 9:25 AM

Yeah, because owning your azzes for 110 years has us wishing for an "easier" opponent. You are too dang stupid for your I Love ##### t-shirt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Lol....^^^^^this^^^^^

Feb 4, 2013, 11:50 AM

I would much rather play a team that has tradition. Enjoy your flash in the pan coot!

Jerry, moms waiting on you to

Feb 4, 2013, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree completely. I would love to drop the coots and play ]

Dry the dishes and do your homework.

THAT just happened!***

Feb 4, 2013, 10:15 AM

I think Dabo should have made it more personal

Feb 5, 2013, 9:38 AM

At the end of the day, what do most recruits and their family want?
* Playing time
* Exposure
* The opportunity to play in the NFL
* A solid education
* A place to call home

Clemson offers all of that and more - and much better than most "SEC" schools.

Being all about the SEC doesn't matter on a personal level - it won't get them more playing time, etc.

At the end of the day being all about the SEC is a little like an ugly girl with a beautiful sister. It doesn't make you any prettier.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic