Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,944

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Jan 25, 2013, 8:37 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
What kind of year do you see Kellen J

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why the concern over Jones being coached by BV?

Jan 25, 2013, 1:20 PM

He followed him from Oklahoma, so it would stand to reason they have a great relationship, no?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that was the point at all.

Jan 25, 2013, 1:46 PM

Mickey is basically saying he's looking forward to seeing Jones coached every day by BV, which wasn't the case on the scout team.

The quote:

Jan 25, 2013, 1:49 PM

"I am interested to see *how he responds* to getting coached by Venables every day *but* at this point I would not be surprised to see him start next season."

Definitely reads like Mickey thinks it could be an issue, and I don't know why that would be the case.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry, but I think you're misreading that.

Jan 25, 2013, 5:43 PM

I don't think Mickey is concerned with Jones and Venables, at all. Jones followed Venables half way across the country for crying out loud. Mickey is saying, again, it will be interesting to see how Jones reacts to being put under the test for a starting position, and ultimately MP would not be surprised if Jones breaks the starting line up.

Mole hill --> mountain.

Yeah think you are reading way too much in to that

Jan 25, 2013, 9:13 PM

Last season, he Jones pretty much worked pretty extensively for Venables for 2-3 weeks, and then about 20 minutes a day or so of intensive, individual work. He was on scout team, and once they start using scout teams when they began game planning/install for Auburn, he was probably seeing more time with the offensive coaches and a grad assistant then Venables who was on the other field with the defensive 1s, 2s and 3s.

That won't be the case this year and will get much more attention

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,944
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic