Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers likely to flip second Wolfpack commit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers likely to flip second Wolfpack commit

Jan 24, 2013, 10:31 PM

Tigers likely to flip second Wolfpack commit

Clemson’s 2013 recruiting class will more than likely get a boost this weekend from 2013 defensive back Marcus Edmond. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give Reed some credit..

Jan 24, 2013, 10:35 PM

for bringing in a couple of guys...

would like to see the recruiting breakdown for our coaches...

is a guy like Pearman bringing anything to the table?

Re: Give Reed some credit..

Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 PM

No Pearman worst recruiter on the staff. I have heard from 1 high school coach tell me he isnt good

thought the same....Pearman isn't holding his own

Jan 24, 2013, 10:39 PM

usually dabo or another coach who solidifies the NC guys not pearman

It's becuase of him we lost North

Jan 24, 2013, 10:41 PM

and are losing other top recruits in NC. No excuse to get beaten out by UNC for top FB recruits in that area. We need to put someone else out there

You got proof it's because of him?***

Jan 24, 2013, 10:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC is Pearman's area.

Jan 24, 2013, 10:46 PM

If you read up on it he doesn't do a great job with the players or the coaches there for whatever reason. The fact is that North had us in the front, easily, at the end of last year yet we've fallen completely off the map with him and his father. He's not the first recruit out of NC that we've lost to UNC.

Re: NC is Pearman's area.

Jan 24, 2013, 11:40 PM

Doesn't Dan Brooks also recruit NC? Pearman recruited Hopper, Pinion, and Battle. All pretty big prospects. While he may be a weak link on the recruiting trail he seams to be pretty affective coaching up the players at his position. Allen and Ford both improved substantially under him.

Re: NC is Pearman's area.

Jan 25, 2013, 10:11 AM

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/college_athletes_rights_some_a.html
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20130111/SPORTS/301110012/Bart-Wright-Clemson-s-Dwayne-Allen-sheds-shell-grow-into-pro

Bart Wright: Clemson's Dwayne Allen sheds shell to grow into a pro
7:46 AM, Jan 11, 2013 |

CLEMSON – He’s all grown up now, making a good living at what he does best, what he always wanted to do.

The story of former Clemson tight end Dwayne Allen’s emergence into a full-time, big-time starter on one of the most surprising football teams of the 2012 season might have been predicted by his genes, but it was encumbered by his head until he decided to quit fighting himself.

That inner struggle was all gone by the time he submitted his name to the NFL draft this time a year ago, and his eventual selection by the Indianapolis Colts put him on a roster that lived through a storybook existence this season. Coach Chuck Pagano had to leave the team to deal with his leukemia diagnosis, but with a youthful roster building on a 2-14 2011 season, the Colts were one of the great stories in the league.

They went 11-5 behind rookie quarterback Andrew Luck, earned a wild card berth in the playoffs and last week made it to Baltimore, where it all ended after a 24-9 loss to the Ravens.

Looking back, Allen understands that without an attitude adjustment he went through at Clemson, he wouldn’t be where he is today.

“The transition I had to make in college was real rocky,” he said Thursday. “When I came to Clemson I was very arrogant, very lazy, but through the work of the coaches, especially (tight ends coach) Danny Pearman, that arrogance was changed to humility, the laziness became a blue-collar work ethic that allowed me to develop.”

He did that remarkably well. Allen caught four of six passes to him against the Ravens, and over the course of the season he caught 45 balls for 521 yards with three touchdowns.

“By the time I got to training camp, I knew I was prepared, I knew I could make it, or at least I believed I could,” Allen said. “Coach Pearman prepared me for the NFL about as well as I could be prepared. I’ll never forget that.”

Chances are good he won’t soon forget his rookie year, playing with Luck and what it means to be open in the NFL as opposed to what that terminology meant when he was in college.

“There’s never a time you aren’t covered,” Allen said. “In college, we would see on film when guys would be covered on certain routes and the idea would be to stay away from those, but in the NFL, that never happens.

“The consistency (Luck) brought to the practice field and the games, from his drops to timing on throws, to the ball placement, everything he did was what we worked on all week, no surprises on Sunday and that was really impressive to me.”

It’s a different game, a different world, in the NFL and the most noticeable differences for Allen came in an area that surprised him.

“Time management,” he said immediately when asked the biggest change from playing college football. “In college you get the idea that you have a lot on your plate because of practice and meetings and classes, but that’s nothing compared to the daily routine we have.

“I get out around 5 or so and when I get home, it’s like, ‘Oh man, I don’t have enough time tonight to go through all this stuff.’ The amount of film study you have to do can be overwhelming. No two teams are alike; how they come at you is different from week to week, and that’s stuff you have to know.

“You never feel like you put in enough film work,” he said, “but that just makes you want to do more the next week.”

It’s more work than playing college football; that’s why they call it a job. While it’s true that the college game has more pomp and circumstance, more of a celebratory atmosphere around games, that doesn’t mean those things are nonexistent in the NFL; they’re just different.

“It took me a while to figure it out,” Allen said. “Those preseason games were a step up from college, but when the regular season started, it was something way different, a big jump. I still missed that sort of bowl game feeling, or the hyped-up feeling you got in the big college games, but in the NFL those are things you feel on the Monday night or Sunday night games.

“Playoffs are completely different,” he said. “Over the top with emotion.”

He came out of it healthy with a new-found respect for the game and the people at Clemson who didn’t give up on a lazy, arrogant kid because they saw the player that existed beneath the bad attitude.

Now, the attitude is gone and the player is still there, proving he belongs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize kids from NC grow up unc fans

Jan 25, 2013, 8:15 AM [ in reply to NC is Pearman's area. ]

That and unc can cheat with sec speed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: You do realize kids from NC grow up unc fans

Jan 25, 2013, 9:26 AM

I live in Raleigh, and have for 20 years. Kids here grow up UNC BASKETBALL fans. football? not really. Maybe State. Have you ever been to a UNC game. I have seen golf matches with more crowd intensity.it amazes me that they even get football recruits. they must pay them off with basketball tickets.

Re: You do realize kids from NC grow up unc fans

Jan 27, 2013, 10:15 AM

Yea I grew up in NC and understand.....I have always been a tiger......

And even their basketball games are snooze fests most of the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: thought the same....Pearman isn't holding his own

Jan 24, 2013, 10:43 PM [ in reply to thought the same....Pearman isn't holding his own ]

This kid is very skinny. Coach Batson has his work cut for him with this kid.

Pearman recruited Tajh...***

Jan 25, 2013, 12:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Give Reed some credit.. ]

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I hope this guy is under-rated.

Jan 24, 2013, 10:49 PM

Offering a guy who has camped with us, and not been offered before this late in the game? I hope coach Reed has an eye for talent, and we aren't just in desperation mode. He did find Amerson. So, yeah.

This kid is very

Jan 24, 2013, 10:50 PM

skinny. Joey Batson will earn his paycheck with this kid.

Re: This kid is very

Jan 24, 2013, 11:20 PM

I'm sure Dabo had to approve it. If he's good with it, I'm good with it.

What else is he going to do? Give a presser on signing day

Jan 25, 2013, 11:53 AM

saying we couldn't find enough people in the USA to take a scholarship offer.

Re: This kid is very

Jan 25, 2013, 8:54 AM [ in reply to This kid is very ]

He does look skinny in that picture but the kid is 6'0", 175 lbs. and bench presses 245. I'll take that.

Reigning SC 400-meter champion. Had offers from AZ & Wake.***

Jan 24, 2013, 10:55 PM [ in reply to I hope this guy is under-rated. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reigning SC 400-meter champion. Had offers from AZ & Wake.***

Jan 24, 2013, 11:07 PM

Awesome. Clemson annot coach speed.

let's hope he doen't have to run a 400 chasing anyone!***

Jan 24, 2013, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Reigning SC 400-meter champion. Had offers from AZ & Wake.*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just updating info. Hopefully not just long distance speed.***

Jan 25, 2013, 12:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://rivals.yahoo.com/uab/football/recruiting/player-T.%20

Jan 25, 2013, 12:57 AM [ in reply to I hope this guy is under-rated. ]

thought marcus was a stretch....check out this dude visiting this weekend...UNRANKED w/o any offers outside UAB

Hopefully turns out like Sensabaugh did

Jan 25, 2013, 3:29 AM

Sensabaugh was a 2* underrated recruit who was offered right around signing day and committed almost immediately. Very raw, but ran a 4.5 40 and now he's playing on Sundays.

I'm not saying this kid will be the same, but if he has the speed (also 4.5 40) and decent hips, at least it's possible to turn him into a top notch corner a la Sensabaugh.

I'm fine giving out offers to guys with 4.5 speed until we run out of schollies.

Guess we don't expect to get Alexander

Jan 25, 2013, 9:49 AM

we keep moving on other DBs

We have a winner here***

Jan 25, 2013, 11:01 AM

Shifty kid, could be an asset in the return game as well.***

Jan 25, 2013, 9:54 AM

Isn't this the guy that put out the word when REED was hired

Jan 25, 2013, 10:05 AM

he'd flip if offered ? If so, when a kid calls , give him a look. Keyboard Knowitalls and Coots , sit back , let the coaches do their job.

They are doing their job. Right now they are filling spots

Jan 25, 2013, 11:03 AM

with fallbacks because be didn't get enough of the ones we were after to fill all of our scholarships. Our caoches are excellent recruiters, but this class just fell apart late.

Fell apart? How do figure that? Nkemdiche? It's all good.***

Jan 25, 2013, 11:10 AM

Nkemdiche, Kimara, Robinson, Jenkins, Daniel, Alexander***

Jan 25, 2013, 11:49 AM

It's cute that you added Jenkins and Kamara

Jan 25, 2013, 11:53 AM

We have already filled Jenkins spot with a better player (Priester) and have a good chance to fill Kamara's spot with a better player (Baker, Edmonds). Daniel did not decommit. Dabo pulled his offer because he would not get in to school. Florida did the same thing with him. I would trade Lawson for RN if we can get him. Alexander is still on the board possibly but he was never committed to us in the first place.

You try so hard... but still come up short...

Nkemdiche/Kamara... extortion. Robinson... stayed home.

Jan 25, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Nkemdiche, Kimara, Robinson, Jenkins, Daniel, Alexander*** ]

Jenkins...playing where he grew up. Daniel... 'soft' from the start. Alexander... family wants a two-fer. 'S' happens. Gotta' go with it. We'll be fine.

Re: Nkemdiche, Kimara, Robinson, Jenkins, Daniel, Alexander***

Jan 25, 2013, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Nkemdiche, Kimara, Robinson, Jenkins, Daniel, Alexander*** ]

1) Nkemdiche decommitted b/c of his mom. Not coaching. From everything I've heard, he loved the coaches.

2) Kamara, we, no offense to the kid but not really a great loss there.

3) Robinson decommitted to go block down field at UF...this decommit puzzled me the most.

4) Jenkins, again, not really a great loss.

5) Coaches had nothing to do with Daniel's decommit...if he can't make the grades, he simply will not play. This was an academic issue.

6) Don't count us out for Alexander yet...nothing's final until the 6th.

Like I said, if you're going to scratch your head at the loss of any of these, it should be Robinson...don't know what that kid was thinking...

Their loss!!

Jan 25, 2013, 5:36 PM

Those that were offered, and decline/decommit. Their loss, not ours.

Clemson will win, because our recruits will be All in and commited to playing in Orange and White!!

I have lost NO sleep over recruits. Dabo WILL get it done!!

Adrian Baker

Jan 25, 2013, 7:46 PM

pretty sure we get Baker,but I guess Edmond means(and Carter)...we're not likely going to land Alexander??

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic