Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Cortez Davis to transfer from Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Cortez Davis to transfer from Clemson

Jan 23, 2013, 1:16 PM

Cortez Davis to transfer from Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whats the deal with this

Jan 23, 2013, 1:19 PM

lack of playing time .....

null

Re: whats the deal with this

Jan 23, 2013, 1:20 PM

I would have figured he was going to get the playing time eventually, probably has more to do with Cheese leaving

Doesnt he understand that Cheese would have made him suck!?***

Jan 23, 2013, 2:11 PM

Re: Doesnt he understand that Cheese would have made him suck!?***

Jan 23, 2013, 7:49 PM

I don't know about that, but Cheese doesn't seem to have coached anybody up very much while he was at Clemson. I hate to see Davis leave, though. I believe he may be selling himself short, and patience would see him reach his potential in a great program. I do wish him well, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesnt he understand that Cheese would have made him suck!?***

Jan 24, 2013, 2:48 PM

Agree with your post, Dugatiger, a lot of these guys were the stars in High School and when they get to college they realize that all of the players were the stars in their respective High Schools. Patience and very hard work, are virtues to pursue. Coaches evaluate and support great effort and results, and thus, more playing time. Effort alone doesn't cut it. Results matter, period!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa, I didn't see this coming. I wish Cortez the best of..

Jan 23, 2013, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: whats the deal with this ]

luck. He can still be a good player somewhere.

don't know, doesnt make sense, cause he redshirted last year

Jan 23, 2013, 1:21 PM [ in reply to whats the deal with this ]

so you would expect we would use him more this year

that's wut I'm thinking - we lose some DB talent right?

Jan 23, 2013, 1:25 PM

he shud be in there with lots of time ......

what gives ???

null

DB is the one pos. that there should be plenty of

Jan 23, 2013, 1:29 PM

opportunities to have some playing time

maybe the Gilamonsters can use him??

Jan 23, 2013, 1:37 PM [ in reply to don't know, doesnt make sense, cause he redshirted last year ]

say hi to Mike

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't know, doesnt make sense, cause he redshirted last year

Jan 24, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to don't know, doesnt make sense, cause he redshirted last year ]

He red shirted because he was not ready or didn't beat out the players ahead of him. If it were me, I would sit down with the coaches to get a complete evaluation of my opportunities and what I need to do to get more playing time. Absent that, you will sit on the bench because you have not determined from the "coaches" what it takes to get more playing time. Your thoughts about your abilities really don't matter, performance against those things you need to accomplish is the only criteria.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whats the deal with this

Jan 24, 2013, 2:42 PM [ in reply to whats the deal with this ]

Nothing personal, Big Guy, but the coaches evaluate and we #####. I will go with the coaches decision on all personnel.

Re: Football Player Update: Cortez Davis to transfer from Clemson

Jan 23, 2013, 1:20 PM

Cheese recruited him. Could be his "personal reason?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

More likely Venables riding his butt trying to get him to

Jan 23, 2013, 1:26 PM

reach his potential. Nothing more displeasing than a player not giving it all he has.

You rub the rock we want 110%!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!!!----Another POTENTIAL gone

Jan 23, 2013, 1:35 PM

One of those guys I was referring to earlier about 'not doing it yet' on the field.

Great athletes have one thing in common.

Jan 23, 2013, 2:55 PM

From Larry Byrd to Michael Jordan. Every one of them faced a time in their life when natural ability wasn't enough to compete with their peers.

It usually thins a bunch of kids out around 12-15 years old. 85% of little leaguers figure out being naturally talented won't hit a baseball somewhere around that age.

With an athlete like Jordan it might have been the NBA before he really applied himself. Skill development will provide for most kids to play high school ball. I'd say with the right little league coach to teach fundamentals almost any kid with good athletic ability could get a scholarship to college. Perhaps not D1 but like Anderson College or another private school.

Some of these kids have their butts kissed so much that they believe they can achieve without maximum effort. I don't think Dabo, Brent or The Chad will put up with that chit.

Clemson gives these kids opportunity to get one of the finest public educations in the world. We expect them to put out all or nearly all their efforts to produce on the field. It's got to be fair to both to be fair at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is Anderson University...

Jan 23, 2013, 4:31 PM

and you have to have more than Little League experience to play there.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you basing this on? I hope you have something...

Jan 23, 2013, 5:29 PM [ in reply to More likely Venables riding his butt trying to get him to ]

because otherwise only a pompous, ignorant tool-bag would randomly assume something negative about another person and be pathetic enough to go public with it.

I give you the benefit of the doubt here. Surely, there is something you know about that I have not seen. Please share the specific information you have to justify your post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More likely Venables riding his butt trying to get him to

Jan 24, 2013, 2:59 PM [ in reply to More likely Venables riding his butt trying to get him to ]

Clemson Tiger1988, you are probably correct in your post. If he is better than the other players, he will get a lot of playing time. It is not like the coaches want to play the lesser qualified players!!

Good luck.***

Jan 23, 2013, 1:21 PM

it's kind of funny the way when anyone posts some news, TNet "officially"

Jan 23, 2013, 1:24 PM

posts an update saying the exact same thing within minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: it's kind of funny the way when anyone posts some news, TNet "officially"

Jan 23, 2013, 1:26 PM

I would imagine that a large portion of people who visit this site do so solely for the news and never even venture to the message boards. That's probably a big factor.

I always sit on ESPiN's website and wait for Heather to

Jan 23, 2013, 1:27 PM [ in reply to it's kind of funny the way when anyone posts some news, TNet "officially" ]

get around to Clemson news. Sometimes it only takes a day or two.

We Are Already Thin and Young At DB

Jan 23, 2013, 1:39 PM

Personal reasons could be home-sickness, future academic standards are too high, family issues, financial hardships somewhere......etc. We got holes to fill now at the DB position more than ever. Got to recruit them in and coach them up quick now. Hope he will be okay or maybe change his mind.

Even funnier that someone finds that fact "kind of funny".***

Jan 23, 2013, 1:49 PM [ in reply to it's kind of funny the way when anyone posts some news, TNet "officially" ]

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: it's kind of funny the way when anyone posts some news, TNet "officially"

Jan 24, 2013, 3:01 PM [ in reply to it's kind of funny the way when anyone posts some news, TNet "officially" ]

So, what are you saying, tiger_swimmer?

Hate to hear this...

Jan 23, 2013, 1:33 PM

Cortez has a kid so he may be trying to get back closer to home. I hope there's nothing wrong with him or his kid. The flip side of this is maybe we're getting or have already received a silent commit from 1 or 2 big time DBs and he's leaving for more playing time. I wish him the best of luck. Always a Tiger.

maybe this means we can offer Alexander's bro a scholarship***

Jan 23, 2013, 2:17 PM

Re: maybe this means we can offer Alexander's bro a scholarship***

Jan 24, 2013, 3:03 PM

Possibly, but did you read the interview with McKenro Alexander?

Time with your kid > playing a game.

Jan 23, 2013, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Hate to hear this... ]

Particularly true if transferring allows both.

This is worse than losing a commitment - he

Jan 23, 2013, 1:35 PM

already had a year in the program to mature and learn the system. At least the news comes before signing day so we have one more slot if we can get enough recruits to jump on board.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dangit!! I was looking forward to calling him "Cortez the

Jan 23, 2013, 1:54 PM

Killer"!!

Hope everything's alright with him.

got to be the Hair

Jan 23, 2013, 2:59 PM

good gawd that hair. you reckon those extensions cost what? $100? $200 a month? if you wnat to look stupid I guess you have to go somewhere that will pay for it?

Good Luck Tiger***

Jan 23, 2013, 4:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate to see this. We needed all the talent we could get...

Jan 23, 2013, 5:30 PM

at corner. Argh!

Re: I hate to see this. We needed all the talent we could get...

Jan 24, 2013, 3:07 PM

Only if in the coaches eyes, he was capable of helping us by performing in practice such that the coaches move him up. No performance against the coaches standards, no playing time. Secondly, could it be that the bubble has burst "in his mind" about how great he is against what the coaches think?

Mackensie Alexander come on down!!! Immediate plating time!!***

Jan 23, 2013, 10:20 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic