Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson one of two teams with 2 non-conference games against 2012 top 10 teams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson one of two teams with 2 non-conference games against 2012 top 10 teams

Jan 11, 2013, 11:32 AM

Clemson one of two teams with 2 non-conference games against 2012 top 10 teams

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Clemson one of two teams with 2 non-conference games against 2012 top 10 teams

Jan 11, 2013, 11:36 AM

Should make for a few season-defining moments for sure. And lessen the non-contributing wins against weaker ACC schools.

Uhm...we have 3 games if Nevada counts FSU.***

Jan 11, 2013, 11:40 AM

FSU is a conference game for us.

Jan 11, 2013, 11:41 AM

nm

Re: FSU is a conference game for us.

Jan 12, 2013, 9:23 AM

But still, FSU is a top 10 team. And that would pair us against 3 top 10 teams from 2012. But you can bet that at the end of next year, they will still cry like of SOS on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OOC only***

Jan 11, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Uhm...we have 3 games if Nevada counts FSU.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Non-conference.******

Jan 11, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Uhm...we have 3 games if Nevada counts FSU.*** ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why did FSU schedule Nevada?

Jan 11, 2013, 12:10 PM

What does that do for you? If you lose, way to go, Nevada just ruined your chance of going undefeated. If you win, so what it's Nevada; doesn't help strength of schedule... at least not the perception of it.

How is this different from 90% of OOC

Jan 11, 2013, 12:12 PM

games for top schools?

Re: Football Update: Clemson one of two teams with 2 non-conference games against 2012 top 10 teams

Jan 11, 2013, 12:35 PM

I knew it wasn't an SEC school as they each only play 1 BCS-level OOC opponent every year.

Jan 11, 2013, 2:32 PM

It's hard for them to play a ranked OOC team when most of their teams are the ones ranked....duh !

Jan 11, 2013, 3:39 PM

I guess you missed the point. With few exceptions, only AQ conference teams get ranked. Of the 4 OOC teams each SEC team plays, they only schedule 1 from another AQ (14 for the whole league this year as opposed to 25 for the ACC) conference so there's not even an opportunity for them to play 2 ranked OOC teams.

Jan 11, 2013, 3:51 PM

I guess you missed I was being sarcastic....

We should raise our stock!

Jan 11, 2013, 1:01 PM

I hope there is an open date/bye at the right time. Plus we should drop The Citadel and face Southern Miss or Indiana. As long as its a D-I school.

Great for fans

Jan 11, 2013, 1:57 PM

Not so great for trying to win championships

Just sayin

Ohio State, Alabama, and Oregon have 0 scheduled.***

Jan 11, 2013, 2:26 PM

Jan 11, 2013, 5:24 PM

Some schools have more than that back to back it just shows as a conference game.

Think about the legitimacy of the SEC schedule when like it or not SC played UGA, Florida, LSU, Tenn, Arkansas all back to back.

Sure maybe Tenn and Arky weren't at their best but that is a terribly tough run of games with teams with great talent. The NFL rosters prove that year in year out. Look at Tenn for example, how many players getting drafted? More than Clemson and Carolina combined.

That is why the SEC teams have such weak out of conf schedules. Plus, UGA, SC, and Fla all play their in state rivals who happen to be in the ACC.

Think about Clemson's typical schedule if SC isn't any good and UGA isn't on the board?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your comments have absolutely nothing to do with the

Jan 11, 2013, 5:33 PM

title of the OP's post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you know?

Jan 11, 2013, 10:47 PM

At the beginning go 2012 season there was only two games the entire year between two top 25 teams that were non conference games. TWO!
Clemson was in both of them. Clemson vs. auburn and Clemson vs. USC.

Of course this changed as the season went on, but this was based on preseason polls.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic