Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: 2013 football schedule coming into focus but questions remain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: 2013 football schedule coming into focus but questions remain

Jan 11, 2013, 12:04 AM

2013 football schedule coming into focus but questions remain

What team was Clemson looking to replace on the 2013 schedule? How will Syracuse and Pitt fit into the schedule next year? When will the ACC release the 2013 schedule? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still scared we would have to play at FSU

Jan 11, 2013, 12:10 AM

Just heard rumors, but still a possibility.

doubt it. We did that once already, so that we could have

Jan 11, 2013, 8:21 AM

FSU and SCAR at home opposite years. I at least hope the ACC and Clemson is smarter than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring on the Denny's loving Cuse and bring on the U!

Jan 11, 2013, 12:12 AM

Those are my picks.

Good thing I've had a few cold ones because, otherwise, I

Jan 11, 2013, 12:18 AM

might have been a little confused!

In case anyone missed the most significant part:

Jan 11, 2013, 1:17 AM

We play the Citadel the week before we play the coots. That puts us on equal footing with them after a long while of playing a conference foe and they playing an FCS team which allows them two weeks to prep for us.

Now we have equal time to prepare for the game.

Scuk on that Spurrier!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would give that game up in a heartbeat for a tougher

Jan 11, 2013, 1:22 AM

opponent. Either for the Citadel or SC State. I think we have a legit national title shot and it kills me to see 2 FCS teams on the schedule. Now is not the time to have them twice. Now I know the circumstances that came about with having to add SC State, but if for some reason any other FBS team needs a game at the last minute I think we should be one of the firsts to contact them.

Our schedule is tough enough to get us where we want to go.

Jan 11, 2013, 1:32 AM

Two top ten SEC teams. It could be the best out of conference schedule in the country.

We win, we play BCS championship. After next year there'll be four spots and a committee sworn to give heavy consideration to conference champs.

Right now I'd take any BCS game over loosing to the coots again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you want another tough team on top

Jan 11, 2013, 2:32 AM [ in reply to I would give that game up in a heartbeat for a tougher ]

of having to beat all 3 UGA FSU AND SC? Also having to win at gt and NCSU which CU has failed to do in 2011, so you want it to be even harder? Odds of us going through that unbeaten are not good and you wanna add another big team?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never said a tough team, but certainly a FBS school

Jan 11, 2013, 4:21 AM

instead of a FCS school. You never know how a season is going to go for your opponents so I certainly don't want some that will definitely weigh us down. We played two SEC schools this year that were both preseason ranked and the BCS computers absolutely killed us. Yes Auburn was partly to blame, but that begs the question is it a guarantee that UGA and USC are gonna be top 10 teams by the END of next season? You never know and unfortunately the way the computers are, you get much more credit for beating a team in the MAC or Conference USA than you do for a FCS team. I don't like playing them, but I understand why we do and am ok with it. Doing it twice sucks.

And I'm certainly not worried about playing teams. If we're good enough we'll be fine. If we're not then we didn't deserve it. Playing a really tough schedule could also afford us a loss and still play for the title. I don't understand why people like to back down from challenges?

The fact that our administration was too ******* stupid....

Jan 11, 2013, 9:20 AM [ in reply to In case anyone missed the most significant part: ]

to do something about this scheduling inequity long before now is alarming. It has only been a problem for the last seven years. Better late than never I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Huh? and No Duh.

Jan 11, 2013, 2:59 AM

Hood, you said, "I spoke to a source in the league office, and that source confirmed what we already know – that Syracuse will be in the Atlantic Division next year while Pittsburgh will be in the Coastal – and then confirmed that the current divisional alignment will stay in its current form."

ESPN reported this during the LSU game on NY's Eve. And you're just writing that you "spoke to someone" as if it's new info. As if your article wasn't confusing enough and riddled with typos... I'm really confused now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I already had @ UVA penciled in as a possible road trip

Jan 11, 2013, 6:31 AM

next year because it was their turn for us from Coastal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that I'll be alive in 2103...

Jan 11, 2013, 8:09 AM

So I just don't care!

So, we play SCSt and Citadel in one year?

Jan 11, 2013, 8:48 AM

oh brother thats tough... What a crapass schedule.

Tell 'em coot

Jan 11, 2013, 8:55 AM

Alabama plays UT-Chattanooga and Georgia State next year.

yeah like UAB and Wofford in the same year***

Jan 11, 2013, 2:19 PM [ in reply to So, we play SCSt and Citadel in one year? ]

Play James Madison University In 2014 ...

Jan 11, 2013, 9:20 AM

Good mid-major opponent, they did beat VaTech 2 years ago

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GT wants to changed up badly and get Clemson and UGA

Jan 11, 2013, 9:25 AM

to come to Atlanta on different yrs...I bet we get 8 home games this coming yr...the GT ticket sales go up and down SIGNIFICANTLY based on odd and even yrs and they desperately need to smooth this out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're right.....

Jan 11, 2013, 9:36 AM

I also think the league will use this as an opportunity to completely shaft Clemson by completely revising the schedules at least as it pertains to the cross Division games.

Had the schedule remained the same, in 2013 FSU was scheduled to face Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Miami form the Coastal while Clemson was schedule to face Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Duke.

What do you want to bet that after it's all said and done, Clemson ends-up going to Virginia Tech or Miami while FSU gets Duke or Virginia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

wouldn't surprise me at all....lets try and screw your cash

Jan 11, 2013, 9:37 AM

cow and only legitimate national title contender....makes a lot of sense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stinks about Ohio State, that would have been interesting.***

Jan 11, 2013, 9:51 AM

This could mean in 2014 @UGA, @GT, @FSU.***

Jan 11, 2013, 9:52 AM

Is this really THAT difficult?

Jan 11, 2013, 10:34 AM

First of all, in regards to Georgia Tech, this is the schedule they've always had. If they want to change it-- change it with Georgia, don't screw up the ACC rotation. The league office shouldn't allow it.

The rest of it seems pretty straight-forward to me:

1) Finish Duke series at home
2) Play Syracuse on the road

Pretty simple.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does playing SC state and Citadel not kill our chances

Jan 11, 2013, 2:07 PM

of playing in National TItle game? If we're undefeated we have to hope that nobody else is bc I think that will weigh heavily. Wish we could have sewn up another mid major like a Ball State or something.. I do like that Citadel comes before SC game so that our players are fresh. I expect to see a lot of Chad Kelly that in those 2 games. I really thought 2013 was Clemson's best shot at a NC with Boyd returning. Just thinking were going to take some heavy criticism even more so having played 2 fcs level schools.

Re: Does playing SC state and Citadel not kill our chances

Jan 14, 2013, 11:51 PM

No I don't think so. That could be 3 top 10 wins (UGA, FSU, USC)so I don't think SOS would be an issue especially since we will start out top 5 or top 10. IF we go undefeated I would be shocked if we didn't get in. We would have to be unfortunate enough for two teams ranked higher then us to be undefeated too which isn't likely but isn't impossible. Hopefully the Coastal division of the ACC produces a quality opponent.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic