Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Players react to Hopkins leaving for NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Football Update: Players react to Hopkins leaving for NFL

Jan 10, 2013, 8:05 PM

Players react to Hopkins leaving for NFL

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ford Comments????

Jan 10, 2013, 8:38 PM

Not sure where the Brandon Ford comments are coming from? I haven't seen or heard one person say anything but supportive things for Nuk before or after the decision. I for one am very happy my $6000 per year investment in IPTAY played a very small part in providing Nuk with the opportunity to have the opportunity to reach the NFL. And thank you Nuk for the huge part you have played in the success the Tigers have had winning the ACC, two 10+ win seasons back to back, and a huge bowl win. Brandon, just WOW.

Re: Ford Comments????

Jan 10, 2013, 8:44 PM

chill out dude. i think he's just making a general comment and not referencing to anyone or anything. go tigers!

Exactly, Djbelote. It isn't like the guy was doing something

Jan 10, 2013, 9:30 PM

as douchey or swarmy as letting everyone know what his IPTAY donation is every year.

Re: Exactly, Djbelote. It isn't like the guy was doing something

Jan 10, 2013, 9:47 PM

It doesn't really matter if one's donations are $100 or $100,000. Point is in these hard times it is difficult for most to pony up what they give each year to help fund the program. When everyone is saying thanks and good luck to Nuk it becomes puzzling as to why a third party would put out a mini lecture of this kind. Again good luck and thank you Nuk!

Point is noone cares what anyone donates to IPTAY and

Jan 10, 2013, 10:12 PM

except in richard swinging contests that go on in here sometimes, you rarely, rarely ever see IPTAY donation totals thrown out there, especially in a spot that really makes no sense like this thread. Most people find that kind of stuff pretty tacky. Just imagine a T-Net where everyone is throwing that kind of info out..."Well, I'm happy for Sammy because when I gave my 50 grand to Clemson last year...ahem....50 grand....I was hoping to see the kid do well...50 grand....kid do well." I'm probably overthinking this.

Re: Point is noone cares what anyone donates to IPTAY and

Jan 10, 2013, 10:26 PM

You are overthinking this as the amount was only thrown out to indicate it is not an easy amount to give every year for a working family. And when someone that has enjoyed the benefits of the very many supporters' donations for 5 years starts throwing out comments like no one is livin for you all..... yeah they need to be corrected. I don't think any IPTAY supporters would say athletes are indebted to them in any way (I know I wouldn't). It's just a mutual appreciation thing. Not the end of the world. Go Tigers!

Big Orange I agree completely with you and as I was riding

Jan 11, 2013, 2:48 PM

down the road in my $55,000 SUV I thought "What was wrong with his statement"? Then I looked at my $12,000 Rolex and realized I was late for a meeting with my shareholders (I'm a CFO who makes $350k/year) and I had to put thoughts about this topic aside.

Re: Exactly, Djbelote. It isn't like the guy was doing something

Jan 10, 2013, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Exactly, Djbelote. It isn't like the guy was doing something ]

Iptay donation or not that comment is out of left field. Its like he is picking a fight with a faction of our fan base that doesn't exist. #dontgetitbruh

Ford needs to take the chip off his shoulder.***

Jan 10, 2013, 8:48 PM

Re: How so?***

Jan 10, 2013, 9:32 PM

Re: How so?***

Jan 10, 2013, 10:37 PM

Probably referring to B. Ford's slightly dooshey statement. Just a guess. You know, the one lecturing all of the people that expected Nuk to come back and are mad. All 2 of them.

I ain't gonna lie

Jan 10, 2013, 10:51 PM

I sure was hoping NUK would return. I'm not mad. He's been my favorite since his freshman year. If Dabo had not been so heck bent on playing those seniors that year, I believe NUK would have at least 800-1100 more yards on his resume'.

GOOD LUCK NUK. I look forward to pulling for you on Sundays. Thanks for everything. Don't lose that book of goals. I hope you give back through mentoring young men and women, as well as setting NFL records!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic