Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Comparing Tajh Boyd with 2012 Heisman Finalists
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Comparing Tajh Boyd with 2012 Heisman Finalists

Jan 9, 2013, 5:02 PM

Comparing Tajh Boyd with 2012 Heisman Finalists

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Comparing Tajh Boyd with 2012 Heisman Finalists

Jan 9, 2013, 5:04 PM

Most important stat for the voters: He didn't play those "awesome" SEC defenses...BS he didn't get more attention. The Heisman has become a popularity contest and doesn't have the prestige it used to in my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so in other words he was better..

Jan 9, 2013, 5:07 PM

than the heisman trophy winner."hey johnny football you win the heisman for best player in college football even though tajh boyds numbers are better than yours."

It didn't show rushing yrds and TD's

Jan 9, 2013, 5:13 PM

probably for a reason since Johnny's TD total is higher. I like Tajh but JM is pretty good, especially for a fresh against pretty good competition.

Re: It didn't show rushing yrds and TD's

Jan 9, 2013, 5:25 PM

regardless Johnny Football was only responsible for 1 more TD than Tajh even with all of those rushing touchdowns...

It showed Total TDs. Tajh was 1 behind.***

Jan 9, 2013, 5:37 PM [ in reply to It didn't show rushing yrds and TD's ]

Tajh also behind in total offense

Jan 10, 2013, 10:13 AM

that accounts for the rushing yards

Aaron Murray and Geno Smith also had better

Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 PM [ in reply to so in other words he was better.. ]

passing numbers. Manziel also had 1300 rushing yards.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Comparing Tajh Boyd with 2012 Heisman Finalists

Jan 9, 2013, 5:07 PM

He should have been invited to NY with those stats and our record. If we could have held on against FSU, he should have won it.

but Manziel's team only lost two games...

Jan 9, 2013, 5:21 PM

Oh wait

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It didnt need to show rushing td's. Td responsibility minus passing equals rushing/receiving.

Jan 9, 2013, 5:36 PM

And the Heisman isn't for best performance for a freshman. That award is called something else.

Politics kept him off the list!***

Jan 9, 2013, 7:54 PM

Tajh voted for Romney?***

Jan 9, 2013, 10:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Politics kept him off the list!***

Jan 9, 2013, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Politics kept him off the list!*** ]

No...playing in the ACC kept him off the list.

nd isn't in any conf., collin is in the b12, johnny m. won

Jan 10, 2013, 2:06 AM

because a&m drilled 'bama !

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Unfortunately...

Jan 9, 2013, 9:50 PM

He did not have his 'heisman moment' until the LSU game

Manziel had Heisman type bowl game also with

Jan 9, 2013, 10:11 PM

229 rushing yards and 287 passing, plus he had over 1300 rushing yards which aren't listed above.

Gotta win the big games to win the Heisman

Jan 10, 2013, 1:35 AM

Glad he's back so he can do it and it starts with game #1.

I've tried to justify Tajh over Manziel in my mind...

Jan 10, 2013, 10:54 AM

...multiple times. As much as I want to validate Tajh's superior worthiness over Johnny Football, Manziel's performance over Oklahoma had me in complete astonishment.

I just couldn't get over the number of rushing yards that Manziel had during the season.

In reviewing the schedule, the opener against Florida in College Station, Manziel only had 60 yards rushing and 173 passing. Nothing eye opening here.

The home game against a struggling and bad Arkansas team was good at 104 yards rushing and an impressive 453 yards passing, but still understandable.

The away game at Ole Miss. Great rushing total and okay passing yards. But again, Ole Miss was not an overwhelming SEC team.

Auburn was just awful this year, and even so, Manziel didn't go crazy in this game.

The Mississippi State game was an impressive win at the time it occurred and Manziel certainly showed his mettle in that away game.

A&M was riding a wave of confidence heading into Alabama. I agree, this is the game that Manziel won the Heisman. Extremely impressive rushing numbers against that Alabama defense and good passing numbers. The Alabama defense was caught off guard by the a very non-stereotypical running QB, and you know what I mean here.

That leaves the Missouri game where Manziel had only 67 rushing yards against a very mediocre Missouri team, but he lit up the passing yards again.

Everything else he did was against sub-par teams. Many will say that Boyd playing in the ACC meant that he was playing against sub-par teams every weekend.

However, Manziel's bowl game against OU is where I was in complete astonishment of Manziel. By the end of the 3rd quarter, the Stoops brothers look like they had just seen Manziel's ability and play for the first time. They were completely unprepared for what they saw from him.

I felt that Manziel's performance against OU was so impressive that I had a hard time taking that Heisman away from him in my mind, despite a performance by Boyd against a powerful LSU defense that Manziel could not overcome. In the LSU loss, Manziel managed about the same rushing yards as Boyd. But, Boyd won the battle against LSU on a neutral turf and had a better passing game.

Boyd's throws in that game were absolutely perfect, and I'm particularly referencing the 4th and 16 pass at the end. However, Manziel had some very impressive throws against OU.

Bottom line though, who would I rather have on an NFL team? I still think Boyd has the edge over Johnny Football, and always in my heart as a Clemson Tiger.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Maziel is Woody Dantzler but a better passer.***

Jan 10, 2013, 12:01 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic