Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Wide Receivers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,739

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Wide Receivers

Jan 9, 2013, 11:28 AM

Wide Receivers

Wide Receivers
Heading into the 2013 season some felt Clemson had the best unit of wide receivers in America. Southern Cal would argue and I really liked Florida State's as well but Clemson could have made a legitimate argument.

Fast forward five months and some Tiger faithful are nervo

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are not nervious.

Jan 9, 2013, 11:39 AM

We don't want them all we just don't want anyone else to have them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucks Robinson went to UF

Jan 9, 2013, 11:52 AM

but I doubt you have to worry about his production with Driskel under center.

Re: We are not nervious.

Jan 9, 2013, 11:53 AM [ in reply to We are not nervious. ]

I am not nervous about WRs either, it still looks like the deepest and most talented position on the roster next year even if Nuk is playing on Sunday! Even if Nuk is gone to the NFL I do not see a true freshman starting next year... well unless North signs and Bryant is gone. I think Bryant will be a star next year.
I am concerned about DBs, DEs and RBs......

Re: We are not nervious.

Jan 10, 2013, 11:29 PM

Concerned about RB's? Clemson is stacked with RB's it's generally our best position besides DE's maybe. Hotrod is coming back right? Plus I still have LOTS of faith in DJ Howard. Its a #### shame we lost Bellamy since that kid was special but I still think it was a good choice to kick him.

We are stacked in 2013 with or without Nuk, going forward

Jan 9, 2013, 11:58 AM

we will be just fine. We are recruiting the position well and what receiver wouldnt want to play in this scheme?

Not nervous at all

Jan 9, 2013, 12:00 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Nuk, but eve without him, we'll be fine

I think Bryant is going to have a breakout season next year, especially with Tajh back.

Humphries has shown to be reliable, and Peake will come along with more playing time

I have a good feeling about North...hopefully he will sign after the losses of Jenkins and Robinson. Could be a blessing in disguise...everything happens for a reason!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuk and other stars going pro early

Jan 9, 2013, 12:10 PM

is a good thing for the long-term health of the program. Players going pro early shows recruits that the staff can develop talent and help them make their NFL dreams come true.

Losing a player with the talent of a Nuk Hopkins obviously hurts, but it'll be worth it in the long run when Clemson is known as a team that doesn't rebuild, but rather reloads.

I could be wrong....

Jan 9, 2013, 1:58 PM

but I wouldn't be surpised if the staff pulls out a rabbit on this one. Personally, I'm not worried abit...

Call me crazy, but...I almost wanna go on record and say Clemson gets Marquez North and James Clark.

;)

WOW! Way to throw Bryant under the bus...***

Jan 9, 2013, 2:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting errors

Jan 9, 2013, 3:20 PM

Mickey: the staff made some gaffs on the recruiting trail and it is going to hurt this position. Should have signed Q Davis last year, he was WAITING on a Clemson offer. He's UNC's #1 WR as a freshman.

Dabo is an outstanding recruiter overall (as is this staff as a whole) but the weakness lies in the scholarship and red-shirt management. We have to improve there.

Hopefully the pain we are experiencing this year will entice him to make some needed changes to his philosophy and coaches areas. We have some weak links in key areas.

We really need a few key players to make this class what it needs to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mickey always mentions Humphries

Jan 9, 2013, 3:34 PM

as an afterthought. Or, he is "solid". He was the 3rd most productive wr behind Nuk and Watkins! And, he has always been more productive than Peake.

Re: Mickey always mentions Humphries

Jan 9, 2013, 4:59 PM

Humphries is a great possession WR and will contribute greatly as he is one tough competitor. He doesn't have the top-end skills but i'll take a lot of guys like him and win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,739
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic