Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decision

Jan 5, 2013, 12:41 PM

Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decision

In an exclusive interview with TigerNet, Tajh Boyd's father Tim Boyd talks about his son's decision. What is the deadline for making a decision, and what does he think his son should do? And what has head coach Dabo Swinney told Boyd about his potential legacy? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decsision

Jan 5, 2013, 12:44 PM

Hmm! Heisman or bank acct. Heisman or bank acct. I am glad it is his decision and not mine. I am to greedy!!

Boyd stays, we can make a title run. Nuk & Boyd, we will

Jan 6, 2013, 12:21 PM

Make a title run.

Re: Boyd stays, we can make a title run. Nuk & Boyd, we will

Jan 6, 2013, 12:22 PM

Nuk is gone. Sucks, but he's a goner.

Is next year's QB class really going to be much better?

Jan 5, 2013, 12:50 PM

He could get a lot more hype coming back for one more season, and probably enter an equally weak QB draft next year.

Yes, and b/c Barkley, Glennon, and Smith will take 3 teams

Jan 5, 2013, 6:02 PM

Out of the QB market.

This QB class isn't exactly loaded, but I think if Tajh....

Jan 5, 2013, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Is next year's QB class really going to be much better? ]

comes back and has another big year, he could very well be the #1 QB taken. Even though this QB class isn't loaded, they seem to be sold on Geno, Barkley, Wilson, and another QB or 2 (Bray, etc) locked up as the top 4 or so QBs.

Obviously we all want to see Tajh come back. At the same time though we want Tajh to do what's best for Tajh. Honestly right now I think the best thing for him is to come back and be the #1 QB taken in the 1st round next year. I think that's very possible.

I'm not a family member or a coach, but that's just how I see it.

As far as Nuk, I think it might be the best thing for him to go ahead and jump into the draft .... BUT I really, really REALLY hope Nuk decides to come back.

If Tajh and Nuk both decide to leave, then I will still be..

Jan 5, 2013, 7:22 PM

so proud & happy for both of them for what they've both done for Clemson. I wouldn't blame either one for leaving and moving onto the $$$ and NFL.

If they both come back though, next season could be 1981 all over again.

Keep in his ear Mr. Boyd. We want Tajh to stick around for

Jan 5, 2013, 12:50 PM

another season!

Jan 5, 2013, 12:53 PM

Really sounds like Tajh has the kind of parent all football players should have. He is helping guide his son toward making a good decision, weighing the good and bad of both options, but knowing it is ultimately his son's choice. Too bad RN does not have the same kind of guidance in his life.

Jan 5, 2013, 1:20 PM

That is exactly what I am thinking.

From that interview, one can see why Tajh is the type of guy he is. Man, I hope he stays, but if he goes, I'll have two co-favorites in the NFL... Bills and Tajh's team. 'Course, Mr. Harvard ain't exactly getting it done up there... hmm...

Yep. That was obvious when his folks picked up and moved

Jan 5, 2013, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decsision ]

to Seneca. A most excellent family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 5, 2013, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decsision ]

Really good post, tigerfan28173. Tajh is fortunate that he has the parents that he has, grounded, involved, and wanting what is best for their son. I feel comfortable that they, along with Tajh, will make the right decision. The drama around Nkimdiche is incredible. A mother, who is a politician in Kenya, LET ME REPEAT, A POLITICIAN IN KENYA, apparently values her career more than being a parent. A father, who is a physician that evidently has the same type feelings as his wife, does not live with his son, Robert. Robert plays ball in Loganville, Ga. where he lives with an assistant coach, who is Robert's legal guardian. Tell me that any of you would give up the legal authority over your son to someone else, regardless of the quality of that person! To add to the drama, the HC at Loganville is the former college roommate of Dabo Swinney. No wonder Robert is having trouble deciding what to do about a college choice. Perhaps he is reaching out to the "only family person" that seems to really care about him and with whom he could spend a couple of years playing football. I hope he comes to Clemson because we are a team that is definitely on the rise. Playing for a mid level SEC team is not in his best interest, IMHO. I hope he makes the right decision for him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2013, 5:26 PM

hinds1962, I thought Nkimdiche's mother was working with the Nigerian gov't.

Jan 5, 2013, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decsision ]

Good assessment! TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2013, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decsision ]

Get over RN. He is 18. 18. And his brother plays at ole miss. What would you say if he was your son. ??

Jan 5, 2013, 10:17 PM

RN better go with O Missy and lock a job down for his daddy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2013, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decsision ]

Absolutely right on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2013, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decsision ]

+1, couldn't agree more

He is a product of good parenting and coaching

I hope he comes back, but would understand if he doesn't;

Jan 5, 2013, 12:53 PM

I'll wish him well either way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

TAKE THE MONEY, TAJH!

Jan 5, 2013, 12:59 PM

You'll be a first rounder next year for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If his main concern is not being a...

Jan 5, 2013, 1:08 PM

bench warmer, then it seems like the primary focus shouldn't be on how weak the current crop of college QB's is; are there a lot of NFL teams looking for franchise QB's this season? The Jets maybe? Some other crap team?

Be smart, Boyd. Learn from C.J. Spiller. Prove your worth one more season and then cash in. You'll make $millions more by staying at Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that is what his dad meant - is it worth going in

Jan 5, 2013, 1:11 PM

weak class when he might end up on the bench? The NFL team would just be getting a great/cheap deal on an excellent QB.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: If his main concern is not being a...

Jan 5, 2013, 1:44 PM [ in reply to If his main concern is not being a... ]

I agree. I have read that his projection this year is around the 3rd to 6th round. That is not good enough for a person that is as competitive as Tajh appears to be.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If his main concern is not being a...

Jan 5, 2013, 7:25 PM [ in reply to If his main concern is not being a... ]

I agree with that 100%. Not because I want Tajh back for selfish reasons, but because that makes perfect sense.

Man I wish Nkemdiche had a parent half as good as Mr Boyd***

Jan 5, 2013, 1:38 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can be BMOC Campus only once in your life!

Jan 5, 2013, 1:45 PM

Good looking young man....access to just about any hot chick in the area....love and idolized by Ten's of Thousands....A chance to be something that few can ever be called....A LEGEND....

I don't envy his choice.....but at 49, knowing what I know now I would stay until they kicked me off campus!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

"I would stay until they kicked me off campus! " Yep***

Jan 5, 2013, 1:56 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: You can be BMOC Campus only once in your life!

Jan 5, 2013, 2:03 PM [ in reply to You can be BMOC Campus only once in your life! ]

Well, at age 74, I agree with your assessment!! Why give up your Senior year of college sports for a mid level possible draft position? The only answer I can come up with is that you would probably go to a team that is established and be the 1st or 2nd backup QB in their system. The money he could make will not be anywhere near what he could earn if he has more experience. The other option is stay for another year at Clemson and if you are confident of what Clemson is about to accomplish (and we will), then we will be a Top 10 and possibly a Top 5 team playing in a BCS game and possibly for the big one. Life is a gamble, but the risk are significantly reduced if you have the credentials based on performance which could come with another year at Clemson. Whatever Tajh decides, I thank him for his commitment and performance at Clemson.

He'd have a hard time getting hot chicks as an NFL QB

Jan 5, 2013, 2:14 PM [ in reply to You can be BMOC Campus only once in your life! ]

oh wait, maybe not.

He's already the BMOC, lol. I see what you're saying though

Jan 5, 2013, 7:23 PM [ in reply to You can be BMOC Campus only once in your life! ]

and I pretty much agree.

I think he stays, although...

Jan 5, 2013, 1:48 PM

He will have to go up against Johnny Football and Carr. If he can put up similar numbers next season, which is highly likely, he will be a sure-fire 1st round pick in 2014. Morris needs to run him less, though, if he wants to make it through the whole season next year.

Jan 5, 2013, 1:53 PM

Its nice to see a parent talk about what is best for his son and not just wanting him to hurry up and get rich. Sounds like a very smart man!

Re: I think he stays, although...

Jan 5, 2013, 2:19 PM

Johnny Football a redshirt? If not he can't come out next year.

Yes, Johnny Football is a RS Freshman

Jan 6, 2013, 9:23 AM

He'll be 3 years out of high school next year which makes him eligible, but I just get the impression that kid is one who sticks around for at least his junior year - maybe senior as well.

Re: Yes, Johnny Football is a RS Freshman

Apr 22, 2017, 10:14 PM

I agree. He needs to prove to NFL scouts that he can be a successful pocket passer. If he plays like he does now in the NFL, he will get wrecked.

Re: I think he stays, although...

Jan 6, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: I think he stays, although... ]

After next season, when Johnny completes his redshirt sophomore season, he will be 3 years removed from high school graduation, making him eligible to enter the NFL draft in 2014.

A Jersey Mike sub for Tajh and Tim if he stays at CU!

Jan 5, 2013, 2:19 PM

C'mon guys you know you love their subs-let's continue that LSU success and go for a national championship next year. Either way though you represent Clemson well and you will have success either way you go. We appreciate your leadership and work!!!!!!!!! You the man!!!!!!

One of the best pieces I have ever read on T-net

Jan 5, 2013, 3:06 PM

good job

I hope Dabo...

Jan 5, 2013, 4:07 PM

Has some past players that left early without being a guaranteed first rounder call and talk with Boyd. One that comes to mind is Derrick Hamilton. Hamilton was a smart and very talented kid. Projected as a mid 2nd rounder as a junior. Was drafted early 3rd round if I remember correctly. Then everyone was saying if he stayed he would be a easy first rounder in the next draft. Pressure from family and the $$ in his face proved too much and he left. He also proved to not be ready for nfl, and after several years of bouncing from team to team even Canadian league he is done. Great guy, with great talent, but just couldn't catch up. I hate to see guys do this for a few bucks now rather than a lot of bucks in a just a year, and a legacy. From what I heard Hamilton regrets leaving early. Hopefully he reads this and might give Boyd a call.

Will a NFL team look past physical measurables in the first

Jan 5, 2013, 4:27 PM

round? I keep thinking about how they couldn't for Brees. I think these guys are steals in the second round. Brees has proven he was.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will a NFL team look past physical measurables in the first

Jan 6, 2013, 9:28 AM

TB seems to be from the kind of family that is not one that "needs the money now", of which we so often hear about from the juniors who declare early. Because of that and the possibility of setting some records, etc., staying for his senior seems likely.

However, when you've been as productive as he has the last two seasons, can you prove yourself more to scouts? This years qb class is weak and Taj isn't getting any taller - those things make you think leaving early is the right thing to do. IDK.

http://www.facebook.com/TajhBoydForHeisman

Jan 6, 2013, 4:28 AM

Keep up the momentum!

http://www.facebook.com/TajhBoydForHeisman

Tajh, here's one reason to stay

Jan 6, 2013, 8:53 AM

An excerpt from "The State" newspaper.

"We hit eight of 10 goals," coach Steve Spurrier said about the season. "Beat Clemson is one of our goals every year, and try to win a bowl game and finish in the top 10. We did not win the division, did not win the SEC. Last year's team did almost the exact same thing. It can be better; it can still be better."

But, if you leave, God's speed and the best of good fortune to you! Thank you, you are a true warrior!

That rag doesn't count as a "newspaper"***

Jan 6, 2013, 10:05 AM

Re: Front Page Story: Will he go or will he stay? Boyd weighs his decision

Jan 6, 2013, 1:37 PM

Hoping they both return to Clemson ???____where they are Heros**__________go pro and become a piece of meat in the stew with all the rest of the ""Great Players""___you can only enjoy college life one time__good luck to them both,whatever their decision !!!!

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic