Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson officially names Reed as secondary coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson officially names Reed as secondary coach

Jan 4, 2013, 4:25 PM

Clemson officially names Reed as secondary coach

Clemson officially announced the hiring of former N.C. State coach Mike Reed as the secondary coach Friday afternoon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson officially names Reed as secondary coach

Jan 4, 2013, 4:51 PM

Is the same coach that gave up 62 points to us when we played them????

The NCSU players must have been "disinterested" that game

Jan 4, 2013, 4:54 PM

:)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jan 4, 2013, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson officially names Reed as secondary coach ]

Um... we have one of the best recieving corps in the nation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no

Jan 4, 2013, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson officially names Reed as secondary coach ]

he was out sick that day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Didn't we run off about 100 plays that game***

Jan 4, 2013, 5:22 PM

i guess lsu's secondary wasn't no good, either.

Jan 5, 2013, 3:50 AM

we ran about a hundred plays on them,too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2013, 5:57 PM

His recruiting at NCSU was very, very pedestrian. Many feel like it was due to Mr. Personality that was their head coach. I hope that is true. His secondary was a mixed bag and simply awful this year.

If he is a good recruiter, Dabo needs to put him over Charlotte before Fedora puts a fence around it. Pearman covers one of the best recruiting areas and I'm not sure he could recruit monkeys with a wagon of bananas.

Maybe let him work on our dreadful KO coverage. I think I saw the same return scheme work every week the entire season. It was so bad we should have kicked it out of bounds against good teams.

We need an upgrade in coaching or at least a push in recruiting for this to be a good hire. I'm hopeful this will work out well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to trust Dabo and his hirings. I don't think we are

Jan 4, 2013, 9:31 PM

quite qualified to make that indepth of analysis. We destroy him for our game this year, but give no credit for their slaughter of us last year as well as FSU this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ridiculous!!

Jan 5, 2013, 11:40 AM

what does that mean?? anything Dabo does or says I should "trust"?? that's insane as well as unfounded. I HOPE this is a good hire but his BODY OF WORK TO DATE is not overly impressive. It is so-so. That is what I stated. Coach Cheese was a tremendous recruiter but the secondary was a disaster the past few years. Is the secondary coach not responsible for their performance? if not, hire me for half what we pay our highest paid coaching staff in the country. i'm a nice guy and work hard and love Clemson. So, I'm fine right??

I'm glad you "trust" everything "Dabo", don't ever take off the orange-colored glasses. As for me, I'll make my own assessment independent of Coach Dabo. By the way, nothing I stated is wrong or unjustified. I did not "destroy" him or give him credit for a few wins; you're reading something I did not state.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like a decent hire to me

Jan 4, 2013, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson officially names Reed as secondary coach ]

I know nothing about coaching though. I wouldn't critique his efficacy without looking at the types of players they've been able to recruit to NC State. You can't deny that they've been ball hawks there and usually give us fits.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic