Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: LSU's Sam Montgomery on playing 100 plays in bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Football Update: LSU's Sam Montgomery on playing 100 plays in bowl

Jan 2, 2013, 10:39 AM

LSU's Sam Montgomery on playing 100 plays in bowl

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny how he makes it clear they blame the O.

Jan 2, 2013, 10:41 AM

3rd and 11, 4th and 16. Make the stops and you're off the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Funny how he makes it clear they blame the O.

Jan 2, 2013, 12:41 PM

Probably would help if he attended his conditioning workouts:

Jan 2, 2013, 1:07 PM

That pic is too funny!!!!!!! Sam is from my hometown and that would look great in the local newspaper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2013, 9:47 AM

This was posted on the Strength and Conditioning coach's office window at LSU. Apparently those boys think they are better than the team.

I particularly like the "Win the 4th Quarter" sign at the top of the picture.

Ask him about going up against our freshman Isaiah Battle

Jan 2, 2013, 10:41 AM

We got a stud LT in the making boys and girls.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ask him about going up against our freshman Isaiah Battle

Jan 2, 2013, 10:53 AM

Looking forward to IB stepping up and letting Brandon Thomas get back to guard where he can excel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Battle is the best looking OT we've had at Clemson

Jan 2, 2013, 10:55 AM

in a very long time. Threw him in the fire Monday night and he impressed.

Re: Battle is the best looking OT we've had at Clemson

Jan 2, 2013, 11:23 AM

He certainly has all the ingredients. He's tall, has an incredible wingspan, athletic. Just needed a few more pounds and some work in the weight room. He should be a beast next season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Ask him about going up against our freshman Isaiah Battle

Jan 2, 2013, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Ask him about going up against our freshman Isaiah Battle ]

Funny thing is I was sitting with 2 former Clemson linemen that went on to have long NFL careers and neither was impressed with Battle. Hope you are right and they are wrong.

he IS only a freshman. 3 more years with caldwell will do

Jan 3, 2013, 3:05 AM

wonders for him, and the rest of our young freshman (and the other) o-linemen,too. our line is starting to show a little nasty streak in'em and i, for one,love it.
and coach pearman's work with tackles and t.e.'s,also.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That can't be possible!

Jan 2, 2013, 10:36 PM

All that SEC speed and premier athletes? Cmon, Sam, it had to be something else. Food poisoning? West Nile?

So why was Clemson's O not cramping, dizzy, or falling out?***

Jan 2, 2013, 10:43 AM

Excellent question!***

Jan 2, 2013, 11:11 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

No mystery here......it's pickle juice***

Jan 2, 2013, 12:57 PM [ in reply to So why was Clemson's O not cramping, dizzy, or falling out?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could it be strength and conditioning?

Jan 2, 2013, 4:23 PM [ in reply to So why was Clemson's O not cramping, dizzy, or falling out?*** ]

You mean Joey isn't a total idiot? Credit where credit is due. I didn't see our players cramping and being helped off the field.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yes, but don't look for the dumpers that have been

Jan 2, 2013, 4:50 PM

bashing Batson to come on Tigernet and admit they were wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Football 101. It's easier to run forward than react backward

Jan 3, 2013, 11:56 AM [ in reply to So why was Clemson's O not cramping, dizzy, or falling out?*** ]

You'll always hear about defenses fatiquing from being on the field too long but you'll never hear that about an offense. The offense knows where they're going (and where they're not going). The defense has to cover it all, run sideline-to-sideline, and run backwards.

So that's why Mingo and Montgomery weren't getting any

Jan 3, 2013, 10:20 PM

pressure on Tajh.... too busy backpedaling. It's a different variable depending on the position and whether it's a run or a pass.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU was not ready for ACC speed on offense***

Jan 2, 2013, 10:43 AM

Interesting....He says they werent prepared to spend that

Jan 2, 2013, 10:47 AM

much time on the field. Did their coaches not tell them anything about our offense? Did they not look at our offensive-snaps-per-game statistic? Did they think our offense was just a fluke because we had one bad performance against SCAR? And then the guy goes on to say that he still has his offense's back. Implying it was solely their fault. He was acting like he was supportive in the team effort....but I got a passive-aggressive feel from his quotes. I dunno....maybe I'm reading into it too much....but how could he have showed up NOT ready to play 90+ snaps given our offense's body of work to study?

Re: Interesting....He says they werent prepared to spend that

Jan 2, 2013, 11:38 AM

It's obvious to me their game plan was to limit our offense's time on the field...they thought they'd control the clock with their vaunted rushing game or even Mett's passing (as he said in his interview) keeping our defense on the field more than the offense...and were wrong. They didn't expect to see the defense we had in that game, limiting their offense in rushing and passing more than expected.

I blame Batson.***

Jan 2, 2013, 10:47 AM

Re: I blame Batson.***

Jan 2, 2013, 12:50 PM

I get the sarcasm, and I like it. All those who think we need a change saw a lot of stuff that worked pretty well on Monday night, and it was against a very premier team of athletes. We seem to be doing something right.

ACC ENDURANCE BIA*******

Jan 2, 2013, 10:51 AM

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Re: Football Update: LSU's Sam Montgomery on playing 100 plays in bowl

Jan 2, 2013, 11:06 AM

Bet ESPN would never let this be known cause the mighty SEC never gets tired they are king! Smh.

Jan 2, 2013, 11:21 AM

I want not expecting to see LSU get winded like they did on Monday. I remember reading the attached article last year that talked about how LSU was preparing their defense to not only handle the SEC style of play, but the style of play that is becoming common around the country at schools like Oregon, Clemson, etc.

I was shocked to see how pi$$ poor their endurance was. I don't care how many plays we ran on offence. They are LSU!

Enjoy the Article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2013, 12:37 PM

Had a UGA friend over at my house watching the game and he said the reason for the cramping, "It's because LSU is not used to playing in a dome.". I looked at him and laughed and replied "Well, Clemson doesn't play in a dome either and we are not laying all over the field!". That ended the discussion.

Jan 2, 2013, 12:53 PM

He was just groping around for any shred of an excuse why little old lowly Clemson was whipping their brothers butts, and but for a few very big plays they made, it was a good old fashioned butt whipping.

Jan 2, 2013, 5:51 PM

The 'so-called' injuries in the game by the faux tigers were to give themselves a break from the fast pace of the game. They were dragging after the third quarter was half over and couldn't keep up with the real Tigers.I have noticed a lot of SEC teams do this. There should be some rule to prevent teams from stopping the clock as LSU did against us. usuck did it too! Have you looked closely at the stats in this game? It was the best #### whooping Clemson has put on anyone in a long time. We should have won by twenty!

Cramping b/c they're playing in a dome??

Jan 3, 2013, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: LSU's Sam Montgomery on playing 100 plays in bowl ]

Haven't heard that one before. And what teams ARE used to playing in a dome in college? Syracuse is the only one I know of

Maybe the ACC just plays "smarter!"***

Jan 2, 2013, 5:38 PM

Jan 3, 2013, 1:49 PM

Nice interview, Sam Montgomery. Let me summarize it all in far less words than you used - SAM, A FRESHMAN TACKLE KICKED YOUR PUTOOTY. THE REASON FOR ALL OF THE "MINOR TIGERS" FALLING IN THE 4TH QUARTER IS BECAUSE THE "REAL TIGERS FROM THE REAL DEATH VALLEY" WERE KICKING YOUR COLLECTIVE BUTTS!!. "COMPRENDRE? THAT IS FRENCH FOR COMPREHEND, BIG GUY!

A famous philosopher once said, "do it first, then brag about it! You folks got it reversed!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC Tired!***

Jan 3, 2013, 10:13 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic