Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boyd steps up with game on the line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,958

Front Page Story: Boyd steps up with game on the line

Jan 1, 2013, 10:48 AM

Boyd steps up with game on the line

Tajh Boyd completed 36-of-50 passes for 346 yards and two touchdowns despite key injuries to the Clemson offensive unit. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd steps up with game on the line

Jan 1, 2013, 10:49 AM

Tajh + Nuk =
best performance ever by two Clemson players in a bowl?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

Morris talking like he's pretty sure Tahj will be back

Jan 1, 2013, 10:55 AM

will be interesting to see how much last night impacts Boyd's draft rating. He showed things that don't measure last night, grit and toughness. He wasn't even a top 10 QB prior to last night. If he's back, wow, just no limit as to what can happen next year

Re: Morris talking like he's pretty sure Tahj will be back

Jan 1, 2013, 2:58 PM

I thought the same thing, and I think Tahj and Chad are close enough that he would probably know if he has decided not to return. While I think Tahj may be playing like the best QB in the NCAA right now and has made tremendous growth this year, there are still areas where he can improve and improve his draft status.

On stat I'd like to see from the game...

Jan 1, 2013, 11:05 AM

How many times was he hit after he passed? Tough young man.

biggest win in a while

Jan 1, 2013, 12:01 PM

I think the win that made everyone take notice in my lifetime was the Ohio State win in the 1978 Gator...this one was just as big...the Bauman heriocs, the Fuller heroics, the Boyd heroics, the Hopkins heroics...take notice guys...we are back and will be back for a long long time....my hats off to the players and Venables...whether he realizes it or not, he thoroughly embarrassed the LSU Tigers as well as those tool bag announcers

Re: biggest win in a while

Jan 1, 2013, 10:18 PM

Amen. Our defense is showing signs of growing up. What about those sacks???

Re: On stat I'd like to see from the game...

Jan 1, 2013, 1:37 PM [ in reply to On stat I'd like to see from the game... ]

LSU was dropping the hammer on Tajh 99% of every pass play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2013, 1:44 PM

I think Tajh is enjoying the cold tub today, he was a Timex last night...took a licking and kept on ticking!

Jan 1, 2013, 10:24 PM

we've got to have some much better play from the offensive line. Tajh head very little protection, they
seemed clueless re: LSU's various blitz schemes. Hope we have studs on the OL coming in. But, a statement win that I would think will have a very positive impact on recruiting. Would appreciate any opions.

Jan 1, 2013, 1:59 PM

So where all the Clemson fans who doubted the Tigers last night?

Jan 1, 2013, 10:27 PM

I'm right here and enjoying a large plate of barbecued crow. And, loving it.

Jan 1, 2013, 2:30 PM

Not fair to say TB can't win big one. Last year he beat defending national champ, FSU, and vatech (2x's).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2013, 4:26 PM

imo boyd has won plenty of big games...with him at the helm Clemson has beaten auburn twice, florida state, virginia tech...we finally got Georgia Tech...counting his 2 yrs as a starter, I think clemson has 21 wins against 6 losses, and I believe the only losses going unavenged thus far are the two losses against the Coots. Boyd has shown constant progression, and the only knock I could see at this point, is not being able to beat South Carolina, but tbh he didnt have much time to maneuver in those games, and the tigers played right into the hands of a nasty Coot pash rush by all but abandoning the run game as if they were way behind, but in actuality it was a tight game.

I thought Boyd manned up huge in this game and didnt allow himself to get down or flustered like he did against the Coots. I think a huge part of that was excellent play calling and adjustments by the offensive coaching staff to mix it up in order to slow a nasty LSU pass rush down...ie the young clemson coaches are showing the ability to adapt and progress as well, as they gain knowledge/experience with time. was awesome to see from top to bottom, this ship is sailing straight!!!!!

Jan 1, 2013, 10:31 PM

Great post. How can Tajh, or any quarterback, really function when he has no blocking? We have got to uprgrade our OL.

Dabo gave some credit to our SC coach

Jan 2, 2013, 6:33 PM

He deserves some praise after that physical effort by our team and getting them ready for battle. So proud of our tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,958
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic