Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Christmas Edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,876

Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Christmas Edition

Dec 25, 2012, 2:49 PM

Tiger Tidbits - Christmas Edition

In the latest edition of Tiger Tidbits we discuss Dabo's "meltdown", physical bowl practices, bowl ticket sales, Tajh Boyd and more. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well I learned something

Dec 25, 2012, 3:22 PM

that Hot Rod is a Jr. I thought he was a Sr. Makes me feel better about next years RB corps.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one of the younger

Dec 25, 2012, 6:13 PM

guys take it. Even one of the incoming freshmen. Dye and Gallman are capable. Howard and Brooks also. I like Hot Rod and hope he is our best back, but we're gonna be filthy rich at RB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Can Feshman RB's block, Tajh is the franchise if he returns***

Dec 25, 2012, 6:30 PM

Re: Can Feshman RB's block, Tajh is the franchise if he returns***

Dec 26, 2012, 12:29 AM

From what I hear, Dye is pretty stout. If he can learn to pick up the blitzes fast enough, I could see him getting a lot of snaps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Christmas Edition

Dec 25, 2012, 3:49 PM

I dont think its fair for these bowls to expect the schools to sell these tickets for those prices when we can get them on Stubhub or wherever for half the price. I think that has to change. It's not the 90's anymore. Every school seems to be in trouble now from what Ive read.

Dec 25, 2012, 7:17 PM

Clemson's stats came in competition mostly within a terrible ACC. You shouldn't compare Clemson's stats to LSU's which mostly came against SEC competition. But you keep on doing it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2012, 1:53 AM

you shouldn't say anything at all if you don't have anything smart to say... but you keep doing it.

Dec 26, 2012, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Christmas Edition ]

It does not matter which conference the comparison is made against, because we will get complaining regardless. If we beat 5 SEC teams, then we would hear that they weren't the stronger teams in the SEC. If we beat them at their home field, then it would be "yea, but can you do it again, that was a fluke." 34 TD passes in one season is awesome, regardless of the conference, and yea, I know, had he not thrown those "picks" he could have had more, yada yada yada!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2012, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Tiger Tidbits - Christmas Edition ]

The part that p1sses me off the most is that he schools' allotments ate end zones, while you can get very good seats for no more to even less $ through the on-line sources. Seems that something is broken with that scenario.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2012, 8:43 PM

Should read "are end zone". Long day and night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2012, 12:13 AM

Great article once again, David. Thanks for taking some of your Christmas time with your family to feed our Clemson news hunger!

i think the note about practice is interesting

Dec 26, 2012, 7:12 AM

I think you have to practice physical all the time like SEC teams do. I know people dont want to hear that but SEC is not a finesse league. Clemson could practice 3 days a week and still come out with the same record as you dud this year.

That being said, im glad swinney has taken this approach....now use it in spring practice, summer camp, and fall practice and the end result may be different.

Explain to me just how the SEC teams practice all the time

Dec 26, 2012, 8:45 AM

.. and please include your sources from all of their practice fields. I doubt that all of them practice the same way all the time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think the note about practice is interesting

Dec 26, 2012, 9:09 AM [ in reply to i think the note about practice is interesting ]

laughable. guess you did not realize that the great superior never tackles live to the ground at any point during the season or off season except during scrimmages. very few if ant teams tackle to the ground during the season. small detail i know.

That is true but we definitely needed it this yr and has to

Dec 26, 2012, 12:14 PM

Be a risk woth taking from time to time in times of need

What is the point of massaging statistics to

Dec 26, 2012, 9:07 AM

make the defense look better? That's a waste of time.

Dec 26, 2012, 10:24 AM

More useless stats from Timmy B to try to make us feel better about ourselves. These dumb stats he is always giving our coaches and the media make us look pathetic. Why try to compare a passing quarterback to a running quarterback and only look at half the equation?

Dec 27, 2012, 7:36 AM

I wonder how many 3rd and 10+ conversions Notre Dame gave up to their arch rival and their second string quarterback?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Ford reference

Dec 26, 2012, 10:40 AM

I hope I am misunderstanding your reference to Coach Ford but when you say the legend of Danny Ford, real or perceived, I have to assume I did not read it for what it was intended. You may or may not like Coach Ford but there is absolutely NO QUESTION he is the greatest football coach in Clemson's history. Period. So, if the Tigernet staff thinks his legendary status is perceived, you have lost every bit of credibility with any true football fan, not just for Clemson, in the country. A more ludicrous comment has never been made on a sport site.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Ford reference

Dec 26, 2012, 10:50 AM

Thou must do as Dabo says

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,876
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic