Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Not over yet
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Not over yet

Dec 14, 2012, 12:29 PM

Not over yet

Clemson coaches paid a visit to Demarcus Robinson on Thursday, and according to his high school coach the Tigers still have a great shot to land the former Clemson commitment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry Flo-Rida, that's just weak

Dec 14, 2012, 12:34 PM

"You can play in the SEC, the best league in the country" is your selling point!! What about your school, and your coaches?!?!

Vs

Great relationship with coaches and school.

Somethings not right here!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Do you actually think that is a problem for UF after the

Dec 14, 2012, 3:44 PM

year they had? They ain't Ole Misa.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC Mystike LOL

Dec 14, 2012, 12:35 PM

I have heard it all now. Not the legend or history of a great program but of a conference LOL

Truly pathetic. They get so many kids to committ to them

Dec 14, 2012, 12:39 PM

and the ones that don't pan out as well as they'd like they cut and leave them hanging out to dry. All because of the media bias to the SEC.

Florida also happens to be Florida. They have

Dec 14, 2012, 2:50 PM

incredible facilities

two national titles in the last 10 years, or a current top 5 team, and they are located in - FLORIDA.

Re: Florida also happens to be Florida. They have

Dec 14, 2012, 4:46 PM

Tymick1, have you ever lived in Florida? Incredible heat in the summer and half of the football season is played in summer to early fall. Our son is a die hard Gator fan but he does admit that the early part of the season is pretty miserable. My wife and I have lived in Tampa and Jacksonville and neither of us has any desire to return to the Florida humidity and bugs!

Message was edited by: hinds1962®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are usually the best league.***

Dec 14, 2012, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Truly pathetic. They get so many kids to committ to them ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mystique of the SEC

Dec 14, 2012, 12:36 PM

Didn't know that would help him catch more balls and score more TDs. Plain and simple he should be thinking of which school will utilize his talents the best. He's considering going to a school with 4 talented WRs already committed to them. It might be awhile before he sees the field.

He could come to us and really make an impact earlier and often. Especially since we sling the ball all over the field. We've now had consecutive season with a 1000 yards WR. UF is one of the worst teams statistically with the pass and they don't do it that much.

Don't let the "mystique of the sec" hurt your future NFL draft pick young man.

Re: Mystique of the SEC

Dec 14, 2012, 5:11 PM

Good post, Drobins, Dabo has committed our team to the HUNH type offense because it is successful. Our defense is growing and will be great, and whenever that happens, we will be a great team. I hope Robinson realizes, as a wide receiver, that he will have great opportunities to display his talents because we have recruited WR's very well and most of them will be gone to the pros in 3 years because of our offense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can play for a conf or a school....

Dec 14, 2012, 12:37 PM

schools remember you for yrs to come, conferences move to the next player the next season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sammy and Nuke

Dec 14, 2012, 12:38 PM

When Sammy and Nuke go Top 10 ask them how the SEC helped them get that lofty draft status

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! ******

Dec 14, 2012, 12:43 PM

He!! no...and it ain't over now !!!***

Dec 14, 2012, 12:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

What the #### happened to the Tigernet

Dec 14, 2012, 12:56 PM

I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Homer, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ### from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this.

Let em go - he's on a roll.***

Dec 14, 2012, 1:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

gotta be more from UF

Dec 14, 2012, 12:43 PM

It can't just be the mystique of the SEC...they're talking a bunch of garbage about Clemson and how we can't compete and we're second tier b/c of the ACC (not getting into that argument right now...) and about the Chad leaving Clemson. I mean its got to be pretty clear that if you come to Clemson we're committed to flying high offensively and this kid could definitely benefit.

But, money talks and we all know what walks...

Do you suppose any other SEC schools use this approach?

Dec 14, 2012, 12:58 PM

Good ole ACC!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Just every D@MN one of them!

Dec 14, 2012, 2:54 PM

"Hey come to Vanderbilt.. Were in the SEC, We play Kentucky and Miss. St, Ole Miss, Mizzou, and Tennessee. Then we get our dix knocked in the dirt when we play Alabama and LSU.. The Refs screw us when we get close to beating Florida or South Carolina, but thats what you want isnt it.. too play in the SEC?"

Leg Humper Muschamp

Dec 14, 2012, 1:01 PM

The Gayturds pulled a lot of games out of their rear ends this year. Sorry offensive football team. Chances are high Muschamp is canned within two years still. If a couple of games swing the other way He'll be gone. The strength of the SEC is as much a negative as anything. Unless your name is Saban.

Homer J COOT?????????

Dec 14, 2012, 1:02 PM

Come on man!

Loves the Clemson coaches - UF passes for 143 yds/game

Dec 14, 2012, 1:02 PM

and he's torn about where to play WR?

This shows what the constant SEC advertising on ESPN is doing to recruits...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuke and Sammy have broken that by themselves

Dec 14, 2012, 1:11 PM

Heck Sammy had over 200 yards at Wake and Nuk had 190 or so against BC. Want to get the ball thrown to you? Come to Clemson

That's why this is a CLASSIC example of why the ESPN

Dec 14, 2012, 1:15 PM

constant bombardment of SEC hype is such a dangerous thing. This should be a no-brainer choice for the kid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. It's going to ruin the sport.***

Dec 14, 2012, 2:40 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get that but why wouldn't a great WR like to go to a

Dec 14, 2012, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Loves the Clemson coaches - UF passes for 143 yds/game ]

school with great defense?

Good ole' ACC helping us out again.***

Dec 14, 2012, 1:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

such a BIG decision so early in life....I wish Demarcus luck

Dec 14, 2012, 1:28 PM

whichever school he decides is best for him! Good luck Demarcus!!

we need to beat lsu

Dec 14, 2012, 1:38 PM

I think that game could swing some of the guys still on the fence.

and it's going to hurt, but I'm going to have to pull for ND

Dec 14, 2012, 2:17 PM

to win the NC. And what's even more sad about that is that it's not that I don't like Alabama, it's that I hate ESPN and their SEC promotion machine. Let's go Irish!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

I'm with you on that and it won't bother me one bit for

Dec 14, 2012, 4:15 PM

Bama to go back home with their tails tucked between their legs !! I hate Bama, Saban and the entire SEC !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Not over yet

Dec 14, 2012, 2:48 PM

tell him the lobsters will soon wear off like they did with McIntosh.

Both great schools and programs, tough decision.***

Dec 14, 2012, 3:48 PM

Re: Both great schools and programs, tough decision.***

Dec 14, 2012, 3:56 PM

Too bad he's basing the decision on conference as opposed to the schools and programs, but I agree.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Read again: "It's Florida, It's the SEC."***

Dec 14, 2012, 6:20 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Not over yet

Dec 14, 2012, 4:22 PM

Well, you heard it straight from the horses mouth!
"Mystique of the SEC"!
Thanx Swofford!

WOW, I would say this one is in the bag

Dec 14, 2012, 6:29 PM

I am not usually one to get into all this recruiting hoopla. But this one is interesting.

so was Julias Jones

Re: WOW, I would say this one is in the bag

Dec 15, 2012, 10:27 PM

dude just needs to commit to us and have a huge career and go to the nfl

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic