Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Hood: Tigers battling distractions while preparing for LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Hood: Tigers battling distractions while preparing for LSU

Dec 12, 2012, 1:29 PM

Hood: Tigers battling distractions while preparing for LSU

Coaching changes are an accepted part of college football, but as Clemson prepares to face LSU, it's a distraction the Tigers don't need. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Tigernet is certainly battling distractions...

Dec 12, 2012, 1:35 PM

I hope the team is a tad more focused...

I don't blame Chad Morris

Dec 12, 2012, 1:36 PM

but I do blame him.

Can't blame the guy for wanting to advance.

But, this couldn't be happening at a worse time.

Recruiting crunch, bowl preparation, and trying to illustrate stability.

Dabo gave these guys a lot of his money to try and guarantee staff continuity.

Obviously, they don't give a ###,n about reciprocating his loyalty.

Call it business. Call it whatever you want. But this sucks.

Re: I don't blame Chad Morris

Dec 12, 2012, 1:41 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dec 12, 2012, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I don't blame Chad Morris ]

cry me a river. get over it. He is either going to get the job now, or get one next year. He deserves it.

Dec 12, 2012, 3:32 PM

I wouldn't say he deserves it any more than a lot of other coaches. There are a lot of other coaches/coordinators that have been in the business a lot longer than him, that have paid their dues and still don't get the chance. The plain & simple fact is, he is a hot commodity right now. Either way, this needs to get resolved ASAP. I definitely appreciate everything he has done for this team, but right now, he is a distraction.

I blame him..in what other industry would you tolerate an

Dec 12, 2012, 1:53 PM [ in reply to I don't blame Chad Morris ]

employee disrupting business operations by interviewing for other positions with other employers. why all of a sudden does he get the leeway to disrupt our program. Last time I checked, he was paid to do his job...i doubt his job description included distract focus by interviewing for other jobs while there are games to be played. this is horsesh!t.

You and Hood assume it is distracting.

Dec 12, 2012, 2:05 PM

No one should ever fault someone for taking a better opportunity. Assuming he is not preparing for our bowl game or other duties is a stretch and not sure why this is being assumed.

Tt flew to him.....he was there for all practices and meetings.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

yes he has been there......physically....it's the mental

Dec 12, 2012, 2:13 PM

piece where I doubt he has been there.

Chad seems pretty sharp and together.

Dec 12, 2012, 3:03 PM

He is a big boy, folks have all kinds of distractions every day.

Guessing you are in a line of work where there must not be too many opportunities that come open.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Morris did not choose the timing...

Dec 12, 2012, 3:14 PM [ in reply to I don't blame Chad Morris ]

the opportunity came to him and he is handling in the only fashion possible. He has attended bowl practices and privately (before media swarmed him) met with Texas Tech about a carerr opportunity that would take him back to his home state and more than double his salary.

It is also crucial TTU get a coach in place for recruiting. That is why there is not a gentleman's agreement. Schools cannot afford to wait unitl January to get a staff in place. Just not feasible.

It does stink, but its the nature of the beast and I do not think Morris has done anything adverse to hurt the university. Yes, he is interested in the job and that is clear. Recruiting fallout will ensue accordingly until Dabo can get a replacement.

We have LSU right where we want them.

Dec 12, 2012, 1:37 PM

;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

oh no, you mean these distractions could cause us to lose

Dec 12, 2012, 1:56 PM

this game? I sure hope these distractions don't divert our game plan like maybe drop the run when it's working or something

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Still selling hotel rooms in Atlanta?

Dec 12, 2012, 2:06 PM

Congrats on keeping this handle longer than any other though.

GREAT NO STORY!!!

Dec 12, 2012, 2:07 PM

I could have written that...

Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Tigers battling distractions while preparing for LSU

Dec 12, 2012, 2:07 PM

Who's worth more money Dabo or Morris, I myself say Morris is Dabo doesn't call the plays he hands out the checks.

Re: Front Page Story: Hood: Tigers battling distractions while preparing for LSU

Dec 12, 2012, 2:25 PM

Chad is not in another industry. What he is doing is the norm for the coaching industry. It happens numerous places every year. As far as him giving of his salary for staff continuity purposes, it is also possible that Dabo realizes that for him to be successful with his inexperience, he needs to attract top notch coaching talent. He is probably, at least in part, giving of his salary to his assistants to increase the probablilty that he will stay emploed as the Clemson Head Coach by hiring the best assistants possible even if it means using some of his money to do so.

Dec 12, 2012, 6:03 PM

Your comment is ridiculous. Every coach hires the best assistants possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 2:29 PM

DABO needs to understand you dont have to be everyones best friend. Give his staff an ultimatum and time limit to pursue their career choices dont hold them back but dont let them hurt us by stretching this out. If they are truly wanted by others they will take advantage of this and understand how it works in their benefit. Clemson AD needs to put his foot down if DABO cant and doesnt seem like will be the case. CM makes 1.3 come on sh*t or get off the pot quit effing us

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2012, 7:57 PM

This is a bunch of BS!! The coaches who are called to interview for openings at other schools, should say: I'm sorry but I cannot deal with that right now, I have a bowl game to concentrate on winning! Then I'll be glad to talk with you! I mean CM is the highest paid assistant coach in CFB. He will always be in high demand for HC Jobs. He should focus all his attention on Clemson and not distract himself, or any of our football players at CU!! My respect for this man has deminished. If he can't postpone job interviews then I say let him go...we can always find a better coach!!

Capitalism has it's problems, for sure!

Dec 13, 2012, 12:31 AM

But Chad Morris seeking a HC position shouldn't be conceived as one of them. He was a head coach when he was first lured out of the HS coaching ranks. Yes, t'would be awesome if he loved Clemson so much after 18 months to stay and retire and raise his grandchildren, but THAT is just UN-AMERICAN. He MUST see what he can do with his life and if you blame him for that, you are a communist, pinko, hippie, ###.

As I said in the subject, Capitalism has it's problems. Truth is, there's room for everyone on this Earth. Except, perhaps, for those who think there's not.

Go for it, Chad! Or don't.. either way, best of luck and thanks for what you've meant to Clemson while you're trying to figure out why you are!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Man, I'm confused...

Dec 13, 2012, 2:33 AM

So at 1:29pm the Tigers are battling distractions.

Yet at 3:30pm... Dabo is quoted as saying "It's not a distraction at all. We're trying to get ready."

You're killing me here t-net.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Silly. Can't multitask? No distractions before WVU debacle.***

Dec 13, 2012, 12:45 PM

Dec 19, 2012, 9:42 PM

interesting slant, but let's not allow for excuses. this game can be like the first auburn game, the year that auburn won the national championship. remember clemson kicked them all over the field the first half. if clemson comes up with some defensive back bone, this can be a program changer.

Dec 19, 2012, 10:12 PM

Look at the bright side. IF we're this confused, imagine what it's like for LSU trying to prepare for us. :)

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic