Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Athlon: Early College Football Top 25 for 2013
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,079

Football Update: Athlon: Early College Football Top 25 for 2013

Dec 11, 2012, 8:25 AM

Athlon: Early College Football Top 25 for 2013

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Losses on defense should easily be made up for by

Dec 11, 2012, 8:43 AM

the maturation of the younger players. Hopefully injuries aren't a problem for the secondary again next year.

Until our defense shows otherwise I don't think.....

Dec 11, 2012, 8:46 AM

saying anything is "easy" about what our defense will do - these younger guys will have to prove themselves - assuming they'll just step in and take over may be just that - an assumption.

I think you read too much into my statement. I'm only

Dec 11, 2012, 8:59 AM

talking about replacing three guys, not vast improvement by the defense as a whole. Obviously that's what we really need and what we are all hoping for, but Athlon makes it sound like our defense is going to be even worse next year because we are losing these guys, and i don't think that's the case.

Re: I think you read too much into my statement. I'm only

Dec 11, 2012, 9:15 AM

I agree with you. One would like to assume that there should be ample replacements on the defense for those 3 guys, but if there were plenty of great talent there, it seems they would have gotten more playing time, because there were many times when the secondary struggled. While it is easy to assume there is better talent there, or that will be coming in with the new class to replace what we lost, only time will tell. I hope our new secondary coach helps us get better with our coverage, tackling, support, etc. I believe that is where the upgrade needs to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you read too much into my statement. I'm only

Dec 11, 2012, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I think you read too much into my statement. I'm only ]

I agree. I don't think our defense will be world beaters next year by any stretch of the imagination, but I think we've got a good chance to be more fundamentally sound than we were this year. As long as our DBs come back healthy we should see instant improvement on the back end. What I'm really crossing my fingers for is seeing Vic Beasley gain 15 or 20 pounds in the offseason and become the all-around pass rusher he has the ability to be. If we just had one guy consistently making plays in the backfield, the secondary would look way better than they do now. Case in point: USCeast.

IF Tajh and Nuk come back

Dec 11, 2012, 9:10 AM

and IF we show we belong on the same field as LSU, this should easily be a top 8-10 preseason pick next year. But, as we all know, preseason ranking doesn't mean squat :)

Would absolutely love to see Nuk back next year, but

Dec 11, 2012, 9:24 AM

he'll probably be in the NFL. Hopefully I'm wrong!

"the defense needs to find replacements

Dec 11, 2012, 9:26 AM

for end Malliciah Goodman, safety Rashard Hall and cornerback Xavier Brewer." yeah, none of that should be even remotely difficult.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

"the defense needs to find replacements for

Dec 11, 2012, 10:05 AM

Malliciah Goodman, Rashard Hall & Xavier Brewer"

We needed to do that about mid-season this year.

Clemson defense will be fine next year. If Tajh comes back, we'll win the ACC title.

Those Purple Pants look good. Hope we see them...

Dec 11, 2012, 11:32 AM

Hope we see some Purple and some much improved D in 2013.

Starting out 12????

Dec 11, 2012, 11:34 AM

We will never make it to the top, undefeated or not. The Orange Bowl will have to do, I guess.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,079
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic