Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We should be able to negate LSU's defensive line.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,404

We should be able to negate LSU's defensive line.

Dec 8, 2012, 11:09 AM

Chad Morris is the highest paid coordinator in the country for a reason. Our skill on offense is as good as anyone's in the country and can take it to their LB's, DB's, and safeties. We also have a QB that can make things happen with his legs. We do have talented players on the OLine.

I'm not an X's and O's guy but I know there are ways to beat a strong and overly aggressive defensive line. Whether it be through screens, misdirection, swinging the quarterback out of the pocket, good ball fakes, or an occasional QB run, we should be able to keep them off balance.

If Chad Morris is truly one of the best, and can come up with an incredible game plan that Tajh executes, we can walk away with as big a W as this program has had the last 30 years.

Go Tigers! Beat the Corn Dogs!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your optimism

Dec 8, 2012, 11:16 AM

especially given the abysmal failure of a gameplan that ChadMo trotted out in the second half against USUX.

Re: I like your optimism

Dec 8, 2012, 11:22 AM

13 last year and 17 this year versus coots. lsu is much better than coots in my opinion.

Re: I like your optimism

Dec 8, 2012, 11:50 AM

Tajh Boyd and Co. played poorly last year against the coots. Chad Morris wasn't that great this year against them. It will take both at the top of their game/coaching to get it done.

Dunno. Seems LSU was only 2 points better than SC.***

Dec 8, 2012, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I like your optimism ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dunno. Seems LSU was only 2 points better than SC.***

Dec 8, 2012, 9:02 PM

The SC game vs LSU wasn't that close...late prevent D TD for the '##### made it seem closer.
BTW we did to South Carolina what ya'll are talking about trying to do to us...we wore them down, dominated TOP and ran it down their throats...

We will do the same against Clemson...if ya'll don't run it successfully against us, you have no chance...

Chad Morris messed up the offense (therefore defense) 2nd

Dec 8, 2012, 12:19 PM

half of usuc game - He went away from any kind of ball control, gave up completely on running, tried to keep
Boyd in pocket. Everyone who had success against usuc ran against their fast edge rushers even Wofford did really well till their lack of depth left them out of gas in 4th quarter. Sabin stated that he changed in 2nd half against Ga. to more play/action, more running and a few long passes (they worked) to NEGATE THEIR FAST EDGE RUSHERS! Chad had a lot of success using his mantra "we play to our standards not to our opponents" until the usuc game. I am hoping and expecting, he will change to more ball control after reviewing film. Remember the almost 8 minutes till end of game against NC State. GO TIGERS PLAY MORE SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL WIN!

The poor defense was on the field for 29 mins. in 2nd half!

Dec 8, 2012, 12:22 PM

Way too long for almost any defense! And those 2 bogus pass inteferences on 4th & 3rd and long really hurt!

then he should have been able to beat the coots' DL.

Dec 8, 2012, 12:30 PM

That was the most disappointing aspect of the SCar game for me. Where was the jet sweep (other than on short yardage situations in which Boyd kept it)? Where were chips over the top of #7 to the TE? Why did we only run the one toss play to #22?

Running up the middle was not going to work unless it was from the jet sweep formation and Tajh was keeping for short yardage. The wildcat, which DID work some last season against the coot and Chad went away from it then, was NOT working in this game. Why keep using it?

I am not a sophisticated Xs & Os guy, but common sense would seem to dictate trying to run "east and west" a lot (like we DID in the FSU game) and trying to wear down the coot DL. Granted, all of that is hard to do when you only get the ball for 19 snaps in the 2nd half, but still...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNREAL

Dec 8, 2012, 1:52 PM

the bottom line is WE DIDNT GET ENOUGH ATBATS IN THE SECOND HALF, WE PLAYED POORLY, BEAT OURSELVES BY DROPPING BALLS, etc....and we still had the ball on the 50 down 3 late in the game. MY GOD WE LOST, GET OVER IT ALREADY , all this bitchin and moaning and lets get rid of our coach blah blah blah just makes it worse. PICK YOUR HEADS UP AND BE POSITIVE OR ####

Hard to win if your oppo has ball 2/3 of the game...

Dec 8, 2012, 12:47 PM

Yeah, play calling was a huge problem in the SCar game. There didn't seem to be much effort to really mix things up say with some really quick no-huddles or screens or whatever to scramble their reads as best you can at a minimum.

Whatever the plan is, if you can't touch the ball nearly as much as LSU, you can pretty much count on murder ball. Les Miles is no different from Spurrier and he has the talent on both sides of the ball to keep a hold of it for a long time.

After all, most of a biggest losses have come with huge possession offsets. WVU had the ball over 13 minutes more for example.

Re: Chad Morris messed up the offense (therefore defense) 2nd

Dec 8, 2012, 1:43 PM

Great analysis. Totally agreed. Morris needs to learn from this, and I think he will.

Re: Chad Morris messed up the offense (therefore defense) 2nd

Dec 8, 2012, 1:53 PM

also, even though boyd lost weight, he isnt exactly a scrambler by nature....I do wish we would have seen more screen game, but that is dictated mostly by where the corners are and its a presnap thing boyd decides, not a play call

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,404
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic