Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boyd says bowl is chance for redemption
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Boyd says bowl is chance for redemption

Dec 7, 2012, 6:52 PM

Boyd says bowl is chance for redemption

Quarterback Tajh Boyd said he knows, however, that the New Year’s Eve contest against one of the nation’s top programs offers the program the chance to show that the Tigers’ record simply isn’t a product of a weak schedule. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo may not have had a chance to watch the tape but

Dec 7, 2012, 7:06 PM

I sure do hope that Venables and Morris have had a chance. We need all of the preparation we can get.

Dabo must not show this tape to Boyd

Dec 7, 2012, 7:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmV9DGUAqo8

Re:you can get another win

Dec 7, 2012, 7:19 PM

you can't redeem for a So Car loss. That chance is gone till '13

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have noticed our players have to learn over and over

Dec 7, 2012, 8:35 PM

lessons that they should have already known or been taught by the head coach. Example: Freeman says that last year they were just glad to be there (in the bowl) and this year they know they have to play. And now we are looking for redemption for the Scar loss. How bout you get ready for every game. Our mental toughness matches our physical toughness.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, are you trying to spark

Dec 8, 2012, 8:21 AM

The S&C debate? You'll get gutted like a 3lb. catfish on this site if you do. Am I the only person that spotted the physical difference of the linemen in the SEC Championship compared to any ACC (especially us) team? What about those Bama backfield bruisers? Wanna know why the Bama's, LSU's, Georgia's never rebuild, they reload? THEY FREAKIN' HAVE A DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM.

Re: Wow, are you trying to spark

Dec 8, 2012, 11:41 AM

You are absoluitely right, but reality carries little weight here. Our own HC doesn't seem so realize that Carolina manhandled us. I'm really not looking forward to us going up against LSU

Re: ??? Motivation

Dec 7, 2012, 8:31 PM

With all the locker room material the gameflops were handing out I just can't understand why the team was not jacked up. I have noticed this several times this season that we seemed too tight during the game. Maybe Boyd should have tried to pump them up a little, but starting last year if a team has challenged my manhood like the ##### then you can bet I'm going to be sky high. I believe in Dabo and support

Dec 7, 2012, 8:37 PM

Sounds like a BS excuse to me. Tajh looked pretty inspired when he was high fiving the crowd.

They might have had the motivation sucked out of them

Dec 7, 2012, 9:38 PM

by getting beat physically and also not being able to get the gamecocks off the field. The two of those can be demoralizing, and being pumped pre-game can only take you so far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2012, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: ??? Motivation ]

When Tajh did his "superman" Cam Newton pose, I knew we were in trouble. He should have saved that for maybe a 4th trip into the end zone.

Gentlemen, get a grip!

Dec 7, 2012, 8:46 PM

The ONLY way we win this bowl game, is for our DEFENSE to step up and say NO! Tajh can't win it with Tajh Ball if he doesn't HAVE THE BALL! That's why we lost to USC... it had nothing to do with our offense. It was because our DEFENSE couldn't stop the ##### offense and let our offense do what it DOES!

If BV can motivateh these guys and put them in to positions where they can make plays, we win. If not, we lose. Simple as that. Tajh will be Tajh and that is absolute. But not if he can't get the dang BALL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

he had the ball

Dec 7, 2012, 10:16 PM

and he and the O didn't do anything with it when they had it after the first quarter.

Maybe that's why Dabo raised the white flag with 3 minutes

Dec 7, 2012, 10:33 PM

to go and punted the ball back to So Car when we were down by 10. He had no confidence that the offense could have converted on 4th down, thereby giving the coots the ball back deep in our territory. It looked to me that Dabo took the cowards way out, trying to keep the score down. That was pitiful.

Re: Gentlemen, get a grip!

Dec 7, 2012, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Gentlemen, get a grip! ]

Almost dead wrong. If we had continued running the ball, we would have neutralized Clowney and run some clock, thereby giving our defense some rest. Probably even opened up some pass opportunities. Our fast paced pass first offense in the 2nd half only served to give the ball back to usuc quickly. And why....lots of pressure on our receivers and lots of pressure from Clowney. Our defense would have been much better in the 2nd half if the offense had some decent time of possession.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention...

Dec 8, 2012, 8:08 AM

where was the freakin' jet sweep? Where was all of those lightning bolt screens? And why did we not run Hot Rod at Clowney more than twice? Where was that beautiful motion pitch-pitch man to Ellington mis-direction off tackle. IMO the coolest running play we have.

I like that one too..or two to speak Tigernetican.***

Dec 8, 2012, 8:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2012, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Gentlemen, get a grip! ]

I'm not blaming the defense after all the 3 and out's I watched in the last game. The offense could have helped the defense out and kept them off the field. If it wasn't our offense, then why did we only score 17 points? Answer that!!

The D hasn't been in position all year

Aug 14, 2013, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Gentlemen, get a grip! ]

I have no hope that they would all the sudden be in postion for the bowl game.

Hate to say it...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

You've got a point

Dec 8, 2012, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Gentlemen, get a grip! ]

We allowed SCar to have the ball NINETEEN minutes longer. That's almost 1/3 of the whole game. Wow!!!!!!

Still, we were 5-12 on 3rd converts. If we had gotten the ball more, but not converted, I'm not so clear how we would have won.

Dec 8, 2012, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Gentlemen, get a grip! ]

Sorry, but in fact our offensive line was overpowered, to the point of embarrasement.

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd says bowl is chance for redemption

Dec 8, 2012, 8:29 AM

Agree with the poster that said you can't redeem the loss to S. Carolina. That ship has sailed for another year. Even more disturbing was th surrender with punting on 4th down behind by 10. The equivalent of "no more". Very ashamed and embarrassed by that decision.

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd says bowl is chance for redemption

Dec 8, 2012, 9:46 AM

Hmmm Dabo states we have nothing to redeem and then goes back to our 10 wins (even though many were over the likes of Furman, Duke, and a 5th string Md QB) which is I guess supposed to be proof we have nothing to redeem. How about we came into the South Carolina game on a 12 game home winning streak which started after our last loss to the Coots. We were at home, riding high and looking forward to avenging a 3 game historic losing streak to our rivals. We then dashed our chances for a BCS and now have another year of "less than" compared to our Gamecock friends. Also...the fact that the game plan was flawed in the second half (left the run gameplan) should be another reason to at least desire redemption; his coaching team let us down with their strategy in the second half. But...as others have said, win or lose, this game won't give us TOTAL redemption...only beating the Coots will do that. But it sure as heck will go along way towards partial redemption to show we are not a soft team in a soft conference. We lose this game in a manner that points to us being "soft" and Dabo's approach will again need redemption of our "manhood" that wins over Duke or whomever next year won't provide.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"so you're telling me there's a chance..."

Dec 8, 2012, 10:24 AM

seriously, I give us 20 and say we 'might' win the first quarter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: "so you're telling me there's a chance..."

Dec 8, 2012, 11:50 AM

The ship has sailed. Lousey S&C program and lousey player development. End of story.

What makes Dabo think we've improved since last year?

Dec 10, 2012, 12:03 PM

Clemson's O seems about the same, maybe a bit worse. Clemson's D seems worse. Last year (not this year) we were ACC champs (albeit only because FSU was without it's starting QB and several other key starters). Clemson's record is improved but only because the schedule was so ridiculously weak. This season Clemson beat (I think) just one team with a winning record. (7-5 NCSU.) The rest of the schedule was pathetic-- except for FSU & SCAR, which dominated Clemson.

If beating LSU shows that we've improved, does losing to LSU further show that Clemson is only capapble of beating up on overratd ACC also-rans but not capable beating good teams? After all, Dabo is 0-6 against non-con Top 25 Final Poll. He has really never beaten a good non-con team and has lost to EVERY good non-con team like TCU, USF, SCAR, WVU, et al.

The program still lacks the mental and physical toughness (especially in the trenches) same as the Bowden era. Our guys get manhandled year after year but Dabo refuses to hire a new S&C coach. The ACC has been weaker over the last few years (according to the Sagarin rankings) so Clemson LOOKS like it has improved relative to a deteriorating conference, but it's not much different than the Bowden era, and definitely not big-boy football like the nation's premier programs.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic