Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Player Update: T.J. Sapp to Transfer from Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Basketball Player Update: T.J. Sapp to Transfer from Clemson

Dec 3, 2012, 6:52 PM

T.J. Sapp to Transfer from Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Player Update: T.J. Sapp to Transfer from Clemson

Dec 3, 2012, 7:00 PM

Where is he going?

very strange to see a starter transfer/quit

Dec 3, 2012, 7:00 PM

what the heck?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: very strange to see a starter transfer/quit

Dec 3, 2012, 7:08 PM

I assume this is somehow tied to NCAA scholarship limits and making more room. Unfortunately its gonna have to happen with a few more players over the next year, year and a half. But, I still don't understand stepping out during midseason - he effectively will be sitting out two seasons now if he chooses to continue playing ball somewhere else. He has been splitting time with Harrison and Harrison has been outperforming him, but he was still getting the start which should count for something. It is perplexing but I certainly wish him the best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

It has nothing to do with that..

Dec 3, 2012, 7:19 PM

...if you have watched any basketball (or paid attention to what is going on in the program) played by Clemson the past two weeks you'd notice quickly why TJ is transferring.

He will go somewhere and play a lot of minutes at a solid program very soon.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: It has nothing to do with that..

Dec 3, 2012, 7:26 PM

yes, I've watched more than most. But, it still doesn't explain leaving abruptly unless he got his feelings hurt and doesn't want to finish the season. But feel free to be feel all superior.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Not really....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:30 PM

As a mid-year transfer, wouldn't he get to play the second half of the 2013-14 season where he transfers?

Best of luck TJ!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not really....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:32 PM

I didn't realize you could do a midseason transfer like that and only sit out a calendar year. Would make all the sense in the world to go ahead and make the move in that case. Thanks.

He's simply not going to play a lot here

Dec 3, 2012, 10:49 PM

Coleman back next year, and a great shooter in Rooks in this recruiting class. This parting is amicable and frees up another scholarship for a big man next year. We really need 2 post players in the spring

He started but only played 7 minutes yesterday. He was

Dec 3, 2012, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: very strange to see a starter transfer/quit ]

getting transitioned to the bench. I'm a little surprised that he decided to do this at the beginning of the season, but I'm guessing he probably had words with Brownell after only getting 7 minutes yesterday. There was almost certainly some kind of confrontation that led to this sudden announcement.

Brownell just said on his radio show that

Dec 3, 2012, 7:28 PM

Sapp wanted 30+minutes/game and that was impossible with the 5-man frontcourt rotation system he plays. He said they had a sit down talk yesterday and decided this would be best for everyone.

Re: He started but only played 7 minutes yesterday. He was

Dec 4, 2012, 8:46 AM [ in reply to He started but only played 7 minutes yesterday. He was ]

> getting transitioned to the bench. I'm a little
> surprised that he decided to do this at the beginning
> of the season, but I'm guessing he probably had words
> with Brownell after only getting 7 minutes yesterday.
> There was almost certainly some kind of
> f confrontation that led to this sudden announcement.

This has been in the works since the season started, he and Brownell did not have words. He has been thinking about this since the end of last year.

that starting spot does not mean much right now

Dec 3, 2012, 7:47 PM [ in reply to very strange to see a starter transfer/quit ]

with the so many young PG's splitting the minutes. He only played for 7 vs the #####

exactly

Dec 3, 2012, 7:52 PM

we have 5 gaurds that could make a good case for being a starter and that's without coleman right now

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

He's not a starter...***

Dec 4, 2012, 5:21 PM [ in reply to very strange to see a starter transfer/quit ]

Adonis Filer is why, he has came in and benn a stud***

Dec 3, 2012, 7:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention Coleman back and Rooks added next year***

Dec 3, 2012, 10:51 PM

Sapp

Dec 4, 2012, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Adonis Filer is why, he has came in and benn a stud*** ]

don't wanna sound like I'm trashing him,Sapp.
But hes competing against better players in Roper,
Harrison and Filer.I wish Sapp the best.

hate to say it, but I saw this coming.

Dec 3, 2012, 7:13 PM

Except I thought it would happen at the end of the year

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

I can't wait...

Dec 4, 2012, 9:27 AM

to see Harrison getting more PT.

can't really blame the guy

Dec 3, 2012, 7:19 PM

Filer and Hall are clearly our future and Sapp would just be coming off the bench his whole career if he stayed

Good Player, Nice Guy....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:28 PM

But he wants to play (a lot)... Can see his reasoning ... Bet CofC or UNC-A would love to have him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bet SC would like to have him. They don't have one.***

Dec 3, 2012, 7:42 PM

I'm guessing he goes home to Florida

Dec 3, 2012, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Good Player, Nice Guy.... ]

plenty of mid major Florida schools like Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Central Florida, Jacksonville, etc that will have him closer to home and offer plenty of PT. Good luck to him, he just got beat out for minutes here

He got yanked pretty quickly....

Dec 3, 2012, 7:32 PM

in the game yesterday after an ill-advised three very early and we didn't see much of him after that.
Backcourt is crowded with Hall, Filer, Roper and Harrison, with Coleman coming back next year. Sapp seemed to be the odd man out. Hope things work out for him.

Re: Harrison may not be back next year.***

Dec 3, 2012, 7:43 PM

Dec 3, 2012, 8:26 PM

Thats pretty definite isn't it? And planned for. Harrison just filling in while Devin Coleman rehabs his injury? Goes away for 2-year mission then returns with 2 years of eligibility left?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2012, 8:44 AM

I thought I heard his missionary service is being delayed a year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It is, he was planning on being gone right now***

Dec 4, 2012, 9:45 AM

Re: It is, he was planning on being gone right now***

Dec 4, 2012, 12:35 PM

Yes ... this is the year it's being delayed. He goes for 2 years starting next year I think.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He got yanked pretty quickly....yep noticed that

Dec 3, 2012, 7:47 PM [ in reply to He got yanked pretty quickly.... ]

he wants minutes but is struggling with the 3 pt shot. wish he would stay but he probably sees the writing on the wall

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice young man. Wish him the best***

Dec 4, 2012, 8:32 AM

The Dude abides

Good guy, good player

Dec 4, 2012, 9:47 AM

but saw the writing on the wall when he started getting out performed by freshmen. Don't blame him for looking elsewhere at all.

Re: Basketball Player Update: T.J. Sapp to Transfer from Clemson

Dec 4, 2012, 2:05 PM

Probably the best decision for him. I would think he would be eligible at the beginning of 2014. We have a player on the girls' team that becomes eligible in January. Seems like a good kid. I don't think we are in to running kids off. I believe he realized what the competition was going to be like for playing time,was given a frank assessment of how much he could expect to play and decided to transfer to somewhere where he can get more time. His skills appear to be best suited for a mid-level program. Hope he will be happy wherever he goes. don't know if he wrote his own statement but if he did, it was one of the classier ones I've seen. Good Luck to you, TJ.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic