Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Report: Chad Morris to interview with Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Football Update: Report: Chad Morris to interview with Auburn

Dec 3, 2012, 11:47 AM

Report: Chad Morris to interview with Auburn

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

######!***

Dec 3, 2012, 11:50 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MALZAHN GOT THE AUBURN JOB***

Dec 4, 2012, 4:20 PM

wasn't worried w/ NC State

can't say the same now

Dabo in the mix too?***

Dec 4, 2012, 11:57 AM

Tenn

Dec 4, 2012, 11:58 AM

Just thought it was funny.
http://www.chatsports.com/tennessee-volunteers/a/The-latest-Tennessee-coaching-rumors-Vols-pursuing-Clemson-coach-Dabo-Swinney-10-175-115#

Zero chance he gets this job

There's no way they'd take a gamble on him after having an off season like last.

He's not ready yet. A few more years in the cooker.

Then why even interview him?

Dec 3, 2012, 12:10 PM

I'm surprised, as I didn't think big-time football schools would think he was ready either, but they wouldn't be wasting time with an interview if there was no possibility.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He's an up-and-comer, consider it keeping an eye on him

Dec 3, 2012, 12:14 PM

I wouldn't be shocked to see him interview with a legit shot the next time the HC spot comes open. It makes a lot of sense to interview him and at least talk to him and get a good picture of where he stands right now.

Perhaps they'll bring him in as a HC in a few year after they inevitably fire whoever they end up picking this round.

They don't need a picture of where he stands right now if

Dec 3, 2012, 12:42 PM

they aren't considering him as a candidate right now. Again, I'd be surprised if he got it, but I think there is serious interest for the here and now.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Never bad to talk....

Dec 3, 2012, 1:02 PM

Even if someone is not ready..if they are obviously good at what they do, no harm in either party talking.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

maybe the SEARCH committee wants to get to know him

Dec 3, 2012, 1:31 PM

you never know who they will be helping next time.

not sure who the comm is - but usually it's people who help schools do this.

besides - why not interview him - ????

null

State schools have to do a certain number of interviews***

Dec 3, 2012, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Then why even interview him? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: State schools have to do a certain number of interviews***

Dec 3, 2012, 7:53 PM

so how many did we intview

I doubt he gets the Auburn job either, but....

Dec 3, 2012, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Zero chance he gets this job ]

if Auburn was to hire Gary Patterson, Morris would likely accept the TCU opening if offered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's a lot more realistic, I think

Dec 3, 2012, 12:27 PM

Much more of a possibility than Auburn. As much as I hate to think about it, he'd be a good fit there.

Uh...wtph. I understand NCSU, it was a state position

and they're required to interview people for the public state job...but not this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

auburn isn't a state school as well?***

Dec 3, 2012, 11:53 AM

I know for a fact North Carolina has that state law

Dec 3, 2012, 11:56 AM

(my wife is going through it right now with a job that is for her, but still has to take interviews), don't know if Alabama has that law. If it does, I'll feel slightly better, but this is Auburn we're talking about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Either way you slice it, Morris isn't exactly responding

Dec 3, 2012, 11:57 AM

with a "no thanks I'm happy here" to the interview requests he's getting.

Don't say I blame him, but don't think for a sec he doesn't jump when an offer comes in.

Ed Zachary***

Dec 3, 2012, 11:58 AM

Oh, and while I'm not in the multi-million dollar world of

Dec 3, 2012, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Either way you slice it, Morris isn't exactly responding ]

athletics, if I had an employee who was responding to this many interview requests and I knew about it, (and he was already at the top of his pay grade) he wouldn't be an employee for long, regardless of his skill set.

Yup, I agree. No way Dabo is fine with this.***

Dec 3, 2012, 12:04 PM

You probably would have to be lucky in your hiring if you're

Dec 3, 2012, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Oh, and while I'm not in the multi-million dollar world of ]

going to put restrictions on their chances for advancement. It's been known all along that he would one day leave for a HC job. In my opinion, it's a little early but doubling your income has it's incentives. Like someone else posted, I think he's testing the waters at this point. AU-burn is about to do just that. He'd be walking into an questionable unknown. Good for recruiting, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just realized it was you that proposed "practicing". Agree.***

Dec 3, 2012, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's more of a problem to have a coordinator that is

Dec 3, 2012, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Oh, and while I'm not in the multi-million dollar world of ]

NOT getting job interviews. You would have to be incredibly fortunate to have a highly successful coordinator that was happy to stay at your school as a coordinator. There would have to be special circumstances.

I'm sure Dabo understands, and hopefully he's putting some thought into who the next guy may be if and when Morris does leave. There's absolutely no way i would run him off just because he's taking some interviews.

He said he would be at Clemson as long as

Dec 3, 2012, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Either way you slice it, Morris isn't exactly responding ]

Tajh is there.

Re: Uh...wtph. I understand NCSU, it was a state position

Dec 3, 2012, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Uh...wtph. I understand NCSU, it was a state position ]

uhhh, state school. now maybe the rules are different in that state vs NC or something

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they should re-hire Terry Bowden***

Dec 3, 2012, 11:52 AM

Auburn is public too just like Clemson***

All In! (Auburn saying right?)***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I dont think Morris gets this Auburn job

Dec 3, 2012, 11:54 AM

I hope Dabo at least has a plan B. It seems like Morris is going to get a HC job offer very soon. Who does Dabo have in mind for a replacement? I hope we have time to go and land a good OC before all the musical chairs stop. I hope we arent left looking over everybody else's third and fourth choices.

apparently will promote coach Scott, and the clemson homers

Dec 3, 2012, 11:56 AM

/gurus think that is a great move.

Re: apparently will promote coach Scott, and the clemson homers

Dec 3, 2012, 12:22 PM

Agree. Billy Napier was more qualified than Jeff Scott!

do not promote Scott. Get an outsider like Dabo did w/BV***

Dec 3, 2012, 8:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While I dont think Morris gets this Auburn job

Dec 3, 2012, 11:56 AM [ in reply to While I dont think Morris gets this Auburn job ]

The past Clemson way has been wait until its to late. The last minute shopper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're an easy sell to an OC

Dec 3, 2012, 11:58 AM [ in reply to While I dont think Morris gets this Auburn job ]

just look at our roster

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Don't worry guys, he's just practicing.***

Dec 3, 2012, 11:55 AM

He might be,but if...

Dec 3, 2012, 2:30 PM

hes offered, he'd be crazy not to accept.

i got a feeling Auburn is finding it hard to fill

Dec 3, 2012, 11:55 AM

this position. This NCAA investigation is going to be ugly and they have a very nosy former coach that hangs around.

that would make the reason for interview Chad.

i don't think they'll get more than a slap on the wrist...

Dec 3, 2012, 12:59 PM

they've got deep pockets to pay off the NCAA

Chad needs to call Gus to hear what a mess Auburn is.

I hope Dabo is looking for a replacement/has one in mind. Chad has also expressed interest in the USF job, so it's clear he thinks he's ready or wants out.

Re: Football Update: Report: Chad Morris to interview with Auburn

Let him go!

Go back to the "pipe", mota craci.***

Dec 3, 2012, 11:59 AM

Don't worry, he'll be available in about 3 years....

Dec 3, 2012, 11:59 AM

Auburn does not like for coaches to hang around too long.

but some stay until they Dye.***

Dec 3, 2012, 12:07 PM

He and Lowder still call the shots at AU.***

Dec 3, 2012, 12:10 PM

That job is a death trap: rogue boosters and BOT, NCAA

Dec 3, 2012, 12:13 PM

currently sniffing around, fanbase that wants wins right away.

I wouldn't touch that job with a 10-foot pole...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This can't be helping our recruiting....

Dec 3, 2012, 12:37 PM

The folks coming in can't count on him to be there as they grow. If he is going to be this quick to leave, then we should be finding someone now to replace him, and bring them in to at a minimum work as Co-OC. Since Chad has gotten so much publicity on our backs and is such a hot commodity, he should be willing to drop a little in pay to get someone as a quick back fill.

If that is not the plan, we should at least have a contract buyout. I mean, he is the highest paid OC in the nation, I don;t think that is asking too much.

Unless they back up the money truck, you are crazy to go to

Dec 3, 2012, 12:42 PM

Auburn right now. I live about 45 minutes from Auburn, and this is a rabid fan base, incredibly high expectations, and very weird and shifty board of regents (see Tommy Tuberville and then Chizik hiring). I would ask myself, what is the path to success? Short answer, beat Nick Saban and Alabama every year and go to SEC championship game. No thank you.

i don't understand why they don't go after Petrino

Dec 3, 2012, 12:57 PM

he's a head case but would be a surefire way to start competing with Alabama again. I'd say he would be better suited to have better behavior after his last public embarrassment.

To be holier than thou and not offer him an opportunity is just stupid. Somebody is going to scoop him up and get themselves back in the NC picture. IF Dabo somehow left Clemson thats who i'd petition for. If he would coach in the ACC then i'd be all about it. But that won't happen b/c Barker wouldn't let it happen.

Hope Auburn doesn't get him b/c we would not pick up any of their recruits but i just thinks it's stupid not to.

Petrino did more than get a little on the side

Dec 3, 2012, 1:25 PM

He used state money to get his spare piece a nice comfy state job under false pretenses. Thats a pretty serious infraction and a real red flag on a resume. He might not be able to get a job at a state school for a while.

They will hire smart***

Dec 3, 2012, 12:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

When You Have a Big Buyout For the previous HC........

Dec 3, 2012, 1:04 PM

As we all know you may have to go the coordinator route

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

We should definitely have someone on speed dial.....

Dec 3, 2012, 2:08 PM

....Louisiana Tech's Tony Franklin perhaps?

Dec 3, 2012, 2:59 PM

What other business do you sign a 6 year contract to be paid the highest salary in your profession and as soon as a year is over you start interviewing with every job that comes available. The coaches world. What a sleezy unethical world they play in!

Quota

Dec 3, 2012, 4:14 PM

They probably need one more coach to foot the bill for the quota of coaches they need to interview. My hunch is they will go with either Patterson or Malzahn.

I think its funny, here we are with the opposite problem

Dec 3, 2012, 3:45 PM

most programs have. When other schools are trying to swipe your coaching staff then that is a GOOD sign. It means we have something they want and/or need. If you are successful in college football then you are going to deal with this problem EVERY SINGLE YEAR. We should get used to dealing with it...

If He Goes, So Be It ....

Dec 3, 2012, 5:00 PM

We have his playbook, we have been practicing his system for two years, just need a play-caller who can do as least as well as him ... Dabo himself might enjoy doing that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just my view---All In or All gone

Dec 3, 2012, 5:34 PM

I understand he might want to be a HC, I also know he lobbied for the contract he has with the Tigers, if he needs time to go out looking for a new job, Dabo & AD should take his keys and give him all the time he needs

Re: Just my view---All In or All gone

Dec 3, 2012, 6:06 PM

You do realize Dabo only has his learners permit, so if he takes the keys who the f is driving?

Dec 3, 2012, 8:06 PM

But they can't have Morris, because if that happens our offense will be like our defense, yeah that would be a freaking nightmare.

If he leaves?

Dec 3, 2012, 8:24 PM

Hire Sonny Dykes from LA Tech

Re: If he leaves?

Dec 4, 2012, 12:33 AM

I think he'll only consider HC position. But if the money is right, and Clemson is a he$$ of a program. Why not give it a shot.

Dec 4, 2012, 7:25 AM

I'm more concerned about Arkansas. Too close to Texas and they recruit there where morris has contacts. Any news about Arkansas already having a front-runner?

Giving up the run when it's working will get you fired too!***

Dec 4, 2012, 10:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Dec 4, 2012, 11:59 AM

SAh, more experience interviewing! Just kidding. Good luck to Chad. He will be a head coach soon. Appreciate what he hass done for Clemson. Would love to have him here.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic