Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The term "Perfect Storm" may apply for Tramel Terry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,561

The term "Perfect Storm" may apply for Tramel Terry

Dec 3, 2012, 9:31 AM

1) Conference realignment chatter affecting who Clemson will or will not play next year. No such pot stirring in the SEC.

2) Terry was blown away by the intense "competitiveness" of the SEC Championship game. He commented that it was like watching the national championship. Too many people across the southeast have been brainwashed into believing this about the SEC.

3) Williams choosing to go somewhere besides Georgia.

Undo any one of those factors and we're probably in it with him to the end.

I think we beat Georgia to start next season with him or without him. Would still love to have him for the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

brainwashed?

Dec 3, 2012, 9:37 AM

they played before a packed stadium in essentially a national semi final game....our title game was maybe 60% full with part of the upper deck covered by a tarp and played for an OB game against a MAC team. Which atmosphere would kids rather play in?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't specifically talking about SEC vs ACC on that point

Dec 3, 2012, 9:42 AM

I was talking about the growing perception among SEC fans that there is no football worth watching anywhere in the country outside their conference. I know they're good. They're just not THAT good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but what they can say is....

Dec 3, 2012, 9:44 AM

...if you want to be the best come play with the best....test yourself against the best...come play in the most passionate fanbase in the country...come play where the dome is sold out and people are paying $1000 a ticket to get in as opposed to giving tickets away for free in Charlotte. It's a tremendous difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While those factors weighed in Terry's decision, Morris

Dec 3, 2012, 9:39 AM

flirting with NC State and speculation he will be gone this year or after next season doesn't help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I might be in the minority here but the kid got blown away

Dec 3, 2012, 9:42 AM

by a big stage that the ACC simply can't provide at this point in a championship game especially with the only two good teams in the conf in the same division. More and more kids are going to want to play in that game with a shot at the national title. There's a real perception that the SEC is the big leagues and we are the minor league. They play for national titles....we play for bowl wins.

Yeah, that should have been point 4.

Dec 3, 2012, 9:43 AM [ in reply to While those factors weighed in Terry's decision, Morris ]

Unless Dabo establishes an identity stronger than that of his coordinators that will continue to be a problem.

not his role here as his staff is currently constructed

Dec 3, 2012, 9:45 AM

he's in a CEO/recruiter role and the coaching is being left to the coordinators.

Always perfect storm with Georgia

Dec 3, 2012, 9:44 AM [ in reply to While those factors weighed in Terry's decision, Morris ]

It hate to admit it but we rely win these battles with the Dogs. You could fill this board with RB prospects that we have lost to them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, that is not going to change. As long as we are

Dec 3, 2012, 9:46 AM [ in reply to While those factors weighed in Terry's decision, Morris ]

winning, our coordinators will be targets for head coaching gigs. That is a good thing, not a bad thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed..you want your asst to be wanted***

Dec 3, 2012, 9:47 AM

i agree that this outside storm is hurting Clemson...

Dec 3, 2012, 10:25 AM

...in the 90's when FSU was in the ACC, but still relevant on the national scene, they were still playing and winning big games out of conference. (UF, Miami, ND)... they were able to overcome the ACC association. now, the SEC brand is at an all-time time, while the ACC is pretty low. Clemson has a "SEC-type" program, but that is hard to demonsrate for recruits against ACC teams like Maryland, Duke and NC State. Whereas, UGA, SC, Auburn can bring in recruits for any SEC conference game that will have a much higher intensity.

IMO, Dabo's recruiting pitch of being part of Clemson that will be a top program will soon start losing its appeal as he gets into of year 6 and 7 of his tenure. So something needs to happen soon, or recruiting may start to slide. And you have to believe that schools that Clemson recruits competes w/ for recruits (UGA, SC, Auburn) will be telling recruits that the ACC is the B-League.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's really no argument against the league being B league

Dec 3, 2012, 11:05 AM

either...you can't say we aren't when they are playing for national titles.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,561
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic