Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Brownell's Decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Brownell's Decision

Nov 29, 2012, 10:25 AM

Brownell's Decision

Brownell's Decision
Wednesday morning I found out Milton Jennings
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Brownell's Decision

Nov 29, 2012, 10:36 AM

Milton needs to be dismissed from the team. I don't care that he smokes pot. I do care that he was smoking late at night before the game the next day. What an a-hole.

The time of the incident should have no effect on the

Nov 29, 2012, 10:38 AM

decision. It would not have affected his performance by the next day at all. In season versus out of season is different, but the fact that there was a game the next night does not matter.

Are you serious? Of course it matters

Nov 29, 2012, 6:07 PM

Had Milt been caught in the off-season, Brownell may have been more lenient in regards to kicking him off the team or not. The fact that this happened in season and right before a game speaks volumes.

Get him outta here. I like Landro Nonko anyways

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pot doesn't give you a hangover***

Nov 29, 2012, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Brownell's Decision ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, and the funnier assumptions I've seen from

Nov 29, 2012, 11:32 AM

T-Netters is Milt is playing high, practicing high, just high as a kite all the time because he gets busted with herb. The guy may just wind down with a joint at night and play some video games, kind of like all you anti pot people out there do with your brewskies every night. (Insert "Well my brewskies ain't illegal!" Yeah, I know. It isn't pot that is the problem. It is the laws. One day the entire country will catch up this premise as they continue to swig their beer and smoke their cancer sticks.

Agree--- hes had his chances!***

Nov 29, 2012, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Brownell's Decision ]

Mickey, I don't want to debate pot laws with you either.

Nov 29, 2012, 11:01 AM

I heard your rant years ago during the Michael Phelps saga, lol. It was the funniest thing I've probably ever heard on any radio show. Stagger Lee sounded like he was arguing with a 90 year old man. "It is bad, I tell ya. It is BAAAAAD! There is a reason our govn't has made it illegal!" You were on fire that day. Thanks again for the chuckles.

Brownell's job depends on Jennings

Nov 29, 2012, 11:07 AM

he is not going to kick him off the team.

People make mistakes. He smoked weed, big deal. He didn't commit a violent act.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell's job depends on Jennings

Nov 29, 2012, 11:11 AM

Wrong. His job does not depend on Jennings. This is about control of the team. Those players need to know there are consequences for bad decisions. Brownell does not need to be acopy of Spurrier.

If his job actually depends on Jennings ...

Nov 29, 2012, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Brownell's job depends on Jennings ]

... he's as good as fired.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and he should be pissed at OP***

Nov 29, 2012, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It IS a big deal. Brownell has

Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Brownell's job depends on Jennings ]

counseled this guy numerous times. Jennings continues to act up and defies the coach. What is Brownell supposed to say - "Uh oh, you did it again, this time with dope. That's OK, son." Heck no!! Show some backbone, coach. To overlook this latest fiasco will be like the comedy show of Spurrier and Garcia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOT HIS FIRST INCIDENT

Nov 29, 2012, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Brownell's job depends on Jennings ]

Brownell MUST...must do the right thing for the good of the team, and for the long haul.

(IMO)-thats let Milton go!

I like Jennings. I have met him twice, both times with my

Nov 29, 2012, 11:12 AM

young daughter who loves basketball and both Clemson teams. Jennings was very outgoing and kind, seemed like a nice young man. But his behavior the past year is unacceptable and it is time for him to go. Three suspensions is too many and I think allowing him to stay sends the wrong message to his team and to the fans, especially the young ones. Sadly he must be held accountable or we begin to be SCar-like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

Agree***

Nov 29, 2012, 2:38 PM

Re: I like Jennings. I have met him twice, both times with my

Nov 29, 2012, 4:21 PM [ in reply to I like Jennings. I have met him twice, both times with my ]

I agree!! he has used up all his chances... time for him to go!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree and I was

Nov 29, 2012, 12:15 PM

surprised that this misfit was present with the team. Show some backbone and dismiss this kid. He is turning into Clemson's "Garcia."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally agree and I was

Nov 29, 2012, 3:31 PM

This is everyone's son. You know that he is a good person but, he sometimes make wrong choices. How do you want them dealt with. Think about it for a day, and see what your heart tells you. Its easy to make instant judgements and decision for someone else's kid. What do you think or honestly believe would be the best thing to do for this kid that you help bring into this world. Would you be so quick to throw them to the dogs, or again try and work through it again and hope it will be the best decision you ever made with/for "your kid".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 12:33 PM

Jennings is no longer a boy. He is a grown man. I do not know what Brownell's decision will be in this case, he may not know yet. Dabo's decision on Watkins tool a bit of time. Brownell's on Jennings may as well.
What I disagree about is making a decision on a young man's future to send a message! A disciplinary issue should be decided on what is best for the person involved. If dismissal is what is required to get the person to change then do it. Any discipline that shows the team that Brownell is serious about the infraction will send a message.
I do not think winning and losing games should have any bearing on the decision.
I will support any decision that Brownell makes. A coach should have support for their decisions until they are demonstrated to be wrong.

Busted when he disabled the smoke alarm in his apartment

Nov 29, 2012, 12:49 PM

...Give the kid a break.

The standards we hold these athletes to is overboard. Milt has given a lot to Clemson (as does any 4 year student athlete does) and Clemson should not turn its back on him. Especially when getting busted in his own home for possession of something that is legal in some states.

Hang in there, Milt!

I think this is when you have to respect the coach's

Nov 29, 2012, 12:51 PM

decision on the matter. Allow him to run the program. If you truly buy into the idea that the primary focus of the basketball program is educational then the answer becomes less cut and dry. You have to trust that he's doing what's best for Milton Jennings as an educator. This is a relational decision, not a "3 strikes you're out" decision.

What bothers me the most about this article is the part

Nov 29, 2012, 1:36 PM

about the police being notified when he disabled his smoke detector. Reminds me of a book I once read. It was called "1984".

Re: What bothers me the most about this article is the part

Nov 29, 2012, 4:20 PM

I do NOT AGREE!!! those smoke detectors are there for a reason( might save a life).. I sure hope that all of them are programed to do the same thing!!

Jennings

Nov 29, 2012, 2:33 PM

IMO**

its time for Clemson and Jennings to say,thanks..and MOVE ON-in other words~> time to let MJ go and move forward with the players you have.If nothing else,get ready for 2013 by having those bumps in 2012.

2ndly......
Sapp needs to come off the bench (IMO)like to see Harrison get more PT along with Filer and Roper.

Strike three, Jennings is out! He's not what this young...

Nov 29, 2012, 3:05 PM

team needs to have influencing them.

Nov 29, 2012, 3:14 PM

Regardless except for a few exceptions, kids must be given more than a few breaks. They all are not alike. Weed is actually excepted in many states, but not in SC. Milt needs and should have ONE MORE chance. I am very glad that God is a lot more understanding than you Micky. I know the two cases are different, but cases needing intervention. Isn't it great that God is perfect with a much broader understanding that our youth will always need help for many reason. No body knows that better than you Micky. Needing help and forgiveness at any level or any reason is all the same in Gods eyes. In sickness or healthy or just plain very bad judgements. Milt deserves this one more chance from us all. Smoking weed isn't near as bad as some of things our kids at Clemson have done. And they went on to be great for Clemson without further incidents. Don't add up the small things he has done to make this one much larger than it really is. It was weed micky, a naturally grown substance like corn, peas's and beans. Beans constipates us. Weed helps us to relax and doesn't make us act like a drunk will. Free Milt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 3:28 PM

I thought Clemson was better the USC? Your Coaches and Athletes are upstanding men and USC's are thugs...

Hmm, see the whole glass houses and stones thing comes to mind here.

Free Milton Jennings !

Nov 29, 2012, 11:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgcTvoWjZJU

Hypocrites criticizing Milton Jennings smoking a doobie in the privacy of his own apartment while swilling the Jack Daniels and smoking the cigs complaining what's wrong with 'dim Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luke 6:37

Nov 29, 2012, 11:18 PM

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic