Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boyd will submit paperwork and consider NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Boyd will submit paperwork and consider NFL

Nov 28, 2012, 5:21 PM

Boyd will submit paperwork and consider NFL

Clemson All-American QB Tajh Boyd says he will submit his paperwork to NFL and consider leaving early to the NFL. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of luck to him. Hope he makes millions.***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best of luck to him. Hope he makes millions.***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:27 PM

Word is that his potential agent is recommending him staying at Clemson for one more year. We shall see!

He hasn't left for the NFL yet, he is just testing the….

Nov 28, 2012, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Best of luck to him. Hope he makes millions.*** ]

waters. Which he should be doing anyway, so if he does come back he knows what he needs to work on for his senior year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ exactly right^^^

Nov 29, 2012, 2:23 AM

he's doing the right thing. the option to submit his paperwork is available so use it. it will help him better his game,and hopefully, further his career.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd to NFL and possibly Morris to NC State Equals

Nov 29, 2012, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Best of luck to him. Hope he makes millions.*** ]

Not a very bright 2013 for Offense?

Or stay one more year with a matured line (you won't get hit

Nov 28, 2012, 5:27 PM

as often [unless if you keep running so much]) and your star receivers returning and be a legitimate Heisman contender?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Championships, Records, another year to prepare and mature,

Nov 28, 2012, 5:40 PM

I'd stay.

Re: Championships, Records, another year to prepare and mature,

Nov 28, 2012, 7:55 PM

No you wouldn't. You would take the money if it was offered. I'd love him to come back. But. If he was my son and they offered him big bucks. I'd say go.

Fame over fortune?

Nov 29, 2012, 4:48 AM

Tajh could make more money by waiting a year.

A draft projection could help make the decision. This year vs next year.

He didn't state that he was leaving, he just submitted...

Nov 28, 2012, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Or stay one more year with a matured line (you won't get hit ]

the paper work to get an assessment from NFL scouts. A lot of junior do that and don't leave. If he wasn't testing the NFL waters, then he wouldn't being doing what he needs to do to be the best player he can be.

Re: Or stay one more year with a matured line (you won't get hit

Nov 28, 2012, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Or stay one more year with a matured line (you won't get hit ]

What's Boyd family situation? Poor as Christmas Turkey or middle class?

He should stay another year. ALL QB's benefit from 4 years of college. His height will hurt him

Let him go, wish him the very best. Chad Kelly will be

Nov 28, 2012, 5:28 PM

Better in my own opinion, but still props to Boyd!!

You drinkin' again?***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:30 PM

Own less, do more.

No he is just that stupid***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:53 PM

Plus He has a Rap Song?***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Let him go, wish him the very best. Chad Kelly will be ]

Re: Does next year's team belong to Chad Kelley???***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:34 PM

Tajh is easily one of our greatest QB's and your just going

Nov 28, 2012, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Let him go, wish him the very best. Chad Kelly will be ]

to say let him go? If Chad Kelly lives up to half his hype he'll be pretty good also, but Tajh as a senior is just scary for defenses

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: If Tajh and Hopkins return Clemson plays for national

Nov 28, 2012, 5:40 PM

title next year. Top four with no problem. book it .

that is if we get a decent defense..

Nov 28, 2012, 5:41 PM

between now and then

No need to pay attention to the Defense. These knuckleheads

Nov 28, 2012, 5:43 PM

are convinced just more and more offense will do the trick.

Yeah one of the best against the dukes and wake forest

Nov 28, 2012, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Tajh is easily one of our greatest QB's and your just going ]

In this world..... He has never done well in the big game. Let him go

Tell 'em coot

Nov 28, 2012, 6:27 PM

You are always good for a laugh.

so you forgot about..

Nov 29, 2012, 1:32 AM [ in reply to Yeah one of the best against the dukes and wake forest ]

Auburn (twice), both VT games in 2011, FSU 2011 and did a decent job agaisnt them this year

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Let him go, wish him the very best. Chad Kelly will be

Nov 28, 2012, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Let him go, wish him the very best. Chad Kelly will be ]

How could you possibly say that when you have never seen Kelly play a single down of real college FB. We hope he will be as good as Tajh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let him go, wish him the very best. Chad Kelly will be

Nov 28, 2012, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Let him go, wish him the very best. Chad Kelly will be ]

The same Chad Kelly that was puking in the street Monday night? I'd rather not have Steven Garcia Jr at QB

CFL?

Nov 28, 2012, 5:32 PM

Did that say Cfl or did I miss read something? I think he is a very good qb but he better start hitting a gym that Joey Batson isn't affiliated with!

Drop the Batson stuff, Boyd lost weight and got faster….

Nov 28, 2012, 5:51 PM

this season he avoided many would be tackles, that would have been tackles last season.

Well, he is definitley not listening to Dabo who said if you

Nov 28, 2012, 5:35 PM

aren't a guaranteed first rounder, as an underclassmen, don't mess with it. It sounds like they are leaving all rounds on the table. Either way, good luck to him.. If he is back, he is back, if he isn't, he isn't. I think his departure will have a direct impact on what Nuk decides.

All he is doing is testing the waters, he hasn't declared...

Nov 28, 2012, 5:52 PM

for the NFL draft. I guess everything is a slippery slope for some people.

Just meant, by what was written in the article, the round he

Nov 28, 2012, 6:03 PM

could go in is not a concern. Hope he comes back because I think what he does will have heavy influence on what Nuk decides. Nuk is not coming back to having a new QB throwing to him next year, and not a guy like Tahj that he has great chemistry developed with. Just my opinion.

Dabo is wrong about that

Nov 28, 2012, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Well, he is definitley not listening to Dabo who said if you ]

There is a significant amount of money to be made in second round.

Nuk is likely a second rounder this year......and I do not think he can improve his draft status next year......he has played well this year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Right now 5th round grade at best.

Nov 28, 2012, 5:46 PM

Nm

Re: Right now 5th round grade at best.

Nov 28, 2012, 5:48 PM

You cannot blame him for checking out all his options.

Re: Has Boyd been told the job belongs to Chad Kelley next

Nov 28, 2012, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Right now 5th round grade at best. ]

season??????????????

Re: Has Boyd been told the job belongs to Chad Kelley next

Nov 28, 2012, 7:58 PM

NO.

Re: Right now 5th round grade at best.

Nov 28, 2012, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Right now 5th round grade at best. ]

Sounds very definitive. You know this because?

Cole Stoudt may have something to say about that.***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:52 PM

Re: Cole Stoudt may have something to say about that.***

Nov 28, 2012, 5:55 PM

something but not a lot.

I'm kinda out of the loop on the back up situation. Is it

Nov 28, 2012, 6:00 PM

fair to assume Cole will never be our starting QB, barring injury? I think Walt or somebody yesterday when speaking of the future of Clemson QB's mentioned Chad and some other guy I wasn't even familiar with....no Cole.

Terrible assessment. 3rd round at worst, likely 2nd.***

Nov 29, 2012, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Right now 5th round grade at best. ]

It seems like only yesterday...

Nov 28, 2012, 5:49 PM

That lots of fans were saying how it didn't look he was going to make the transition and there were a few moments that made it look like that was a correct assessment.

Now, he's clearly the leader of the team, owns all sorts of records and has made us all even prouder to be Tigers.

Stay and we'll all do the Happy Dance. Go and we'll all be pulling for you.

Re: If Tajh stays he will own every record that matter

in Clemson history. Great great player.

Re: Re: Right now 5th round grade at best.

Go look at draft Projection's for one and the eye ball test.

draft projections mean nothing.... and so does YOUR eye, too***

Nov 29, 2012, 3:19 PM

He's pissed off.

Nov 28, 2012, 7:39 AM

After three years, half the Clemson fans still can't spell his first name correctly.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Love ya Tajh, but you're not NFL material yet bro.........

Nov 28, 2012, 7:32 PM

have fun riding the pine........if making that money one year earlier is worth it to you, by all means. Abandon the team the way you did Saturday night with your little superman BS.

Re: Love ya Tajh, but you're not NFL material yet bro.........

Nov 28, 2012, 7:47 PM

He's not abandoning anybody and he didn't Saturday night. It's really hard to throw touchdown passes when you are flat on your back or running for your life all night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2012, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Love ya Tajh, but you're not NFL material yet bro......... ]

Your an idiot my friend. Bet you wouldn't say that to his face. He would kick that a$$ for ya

Nov 28, 2012, 10:07 PM

best of luck to Tajh!...i really wish he would stay for another season but with him being a redshirt jr im guessing he will have his degree locked up and who are we to tell him not to take the money?

Nov 28, 2012, 10:31 PM

Fans wanting him to stay.. If he was my son and had his degree.. what is the point of you staying? You fulfilled your 4 years.. got your degree and if you can get drafted.. GO HAVE FUN kid..

"your an idiot"...lmao, my favorite.***

Nov 29, 2012, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Love ya Tajh, but you're not NFL material yet bro......... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

don't loose it man***

Nov 29, 2012, 2:47 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd will submit paperwork and consider NFL

Nov 28, 2012, 11:24 PM

This is a fairly weak draft for quarterbacks, particularly compared to last year's bonanza. Even if Boyd doesn't have the traditional height for the NFL, he's a heck of a talent and it may not matter if he can top this season's productivity next year.
I believe Dabo's central point, and it worked for CJ, is that the money difference between the first round and the second is more than sufficient reason to stay in school another year. Although the NFL has cut back on the monster contracts for the top 3 picks, there is still significant room for guaranteed cash up top. For instance, RGIII contract is worth about 7 times that of Russell Wilson. Unless he has an 8-touchdown game against Georgia in the *Peach* Bowl, the best thing for him is to not hire an agent and wait until all the other underclassman quarterbacks have decided one way or another. Maybe if he comes back we can call Jacksonville, Oakland and Kansas City's race to the bottom in 2013 "Dodge For Tajh."
Whatever the case, I hope he keeps his wits about him for the bowl game. And for Pete's sake that he doesn't get drafted by New England or Dallas, I want to be able to cheer for him on Sundays.

Boyd should stay. Think his teammates, coaches, and Morris'

Nov 29, 2012, 1:28 AM

system is a huge part of his success. Let's be realistic. Remember what he and the offense looked like in 2010? He's developed, but he is surrounded by alot of talent now too.

In last 6 years, ZERO sub-6'2" junior QBs have been drafted.

Nov 29, 2012, 2:16 AM

There are a few rare sub-6'2" QBs that make it in the NFL, but (right or wrong) the NFL rarely DRAFTS them.

Over the last 6 years and 74 QBs drafted, only 4 QBs under 6’2" were drafted to play QB, and NONE of them were juniors. (Though 2 more senior QBs were drafted to play WR because they were too "short".) Those 4 QBs had outstanding careers:
* 6'1" Colt McCoy, then the all-time-winningest college QB (3rd round).
* 6’ Heisman winner, Troy Smith (5th round).
* 6'1" Tyrod Taylor (6th round).
* 5’11” Russell Wilson (5th round).

I could see Boyd going as a late-round pick after his SENIOR season, if he has a great senior year.

QBs often shrink an inch when the NFL measures them so in a few years we'll find out if Boyd is really 6'1".

This is the kind of cold, hard, analysis that Boyd needs to

Nov 29, 2012, 10:38 AM

hear from the coaches.

People in the know, other than agents, need to sit down with him and go over these kinds of details. They also need to help him review the needs of each pro team, and see what their needs are and then evaluate those needs based on what might be available. The NFL draft advisory board should be able to help him with that. I always thought Coach Bowden did a good job when going over this with his players. I hope Dabo does just was well!

That said if the info points to a clear shot at being a second round pick, then I would say go for it. I love Tajh, and want him back. But that is based on my want for Clemson to do good. If he can get a second round pick I think that is about the best he can hope for. And with that round selection I think he can still get some signing bonus money. Not big money, but enough to set yourself up with a modest monthly stipen that will supplement any other career for the rest of his life.

Given that, I think that is the best he can hope for. Even if we win a national championship and he gets a heisman, I dont see him getting into the 1st round. For the reason mentioned above. But eitherway I wish him nothing but the best. Also, I would offer this advice. Stay away from the Carolina Panthers. We are a train wreck. And even though we have Newton as our QB, it is only a matter of time before he goes down with an injury, and Tajh will be put behind a line that is awful!

Go Tigers

Barkley is BARELY taller than Tajh, and less talented, too.***

Nov 29, 2012, 3:20 PM [ in reply to In last 6 years, ZERO sub-6'2" junior QBs have been drafted. ]

Two words! NOT READY

Nov 29, 2012, 7:10 AM

nm

Makes me wonder if he thinks Chad, Nuk, etc won't be here******

Nov 29, 2012, 7:45 AM

He's not going anywhere.

Nov 29, 2012, 8:46 AM

Ballgame. Sorry coots.

I hope this doesnt happen but can you imagine

Nov 29, 2012, 12:01 PM

Losing Chad for another HC job, and losing Boyd and Nuk to the NFL, and losing Brandon Ford and AE to graduation?? Yikes. That's why I never understood everybody pointing to next year as the year. THIS was the year we had to make hay. Lose too much after this season.

I hope Boyd, Nuk, and Chad come back for one last great season, but I certainly understand if they dont. The money is too much to pass up.

"Wait till next year" has become our mantra***

Nov 29, 2012, 12:03 PM

"Wait till next year" has become our mantra***

Nov 29, 2012, 2:45 PM

It certainly has, as well as the rest of the country with a decent football program... I am sure the fans and players at A&M are already licking their chops about next year, as are Notre Dame, LSU, Bama, etc etc.. That mantra is valid, 2013 here we come!!

Go Tigers!!

I think he'll stay

Nov 29, 2012, 12:34 PM

Leave to tge NFL and start slow, or comeback next year with a matured team that will have a better shot at the title (or at least a BCS bowl) than we have had in ge past 20 years, an all american, a frontrunner for the Heisman.. And so much more, PLUS a much more promising NFL career after graduating.

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic