Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review

Nov 26, 2012, 11:01 AM

South Carolina Review

South Carolina Review
Losing sucks. Losing to South Carolina really sucks. Losing to South Carolina four years in row is something I didn't think would happen in my lifetime. Like all of the other losses, this one hurts. Its supposed to hurt. Losing to your arch rival should never feel

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuff said....BADDDDDD TIME to have our

Nov 26, 2012, 11:13 AM

### game.....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

"He picked a bad day to have a bad day" - J. Fox ***

Nov 27, 2012, 3:39 PM

nm

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review

Nov 26, 2012, 11:16 AM

Plyler pulls no punches. He could have said worse.

See copy and paste paragraph.

"I have said since August that the secondary is my biggest concern and watching the game Saturday night confirmed this notion. Clemson's defensive backs were awful once again. They play with poor technique which has not improved since August."

Defense never got any better. No pressure on opposing qtrbacks either.
Yes defense has been a big disappointment but so has BV. Neither did their job.

Nov 26, 2012, 11:19 AM

I have spoken with a DB who played for Harbison when he was at Clemson for the first time back in the mid-90's. He while he loves the man, that he needs to go.

Nov 26, 2012, 11:23 AM

should be "he said that he needs to go".

Nov 26, 2012, 11:26 AM

We have had trouble stopping teams on third down for years. Seems like the last few years, stopping third and long is near impossible for us. We can't convert on third and 1 and we can't stop third and ten plus. Very frustrating.

There you have it.***

Nov 26, 2012, 12:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 26, 2012, 12:11 PM

I don't know if any of you noticed but on those 3rd and longs and 4th and long we only rushed 3. You have got to bring the heat and make him get rid of the ball quickly before his receivers can find the sticks. This is on the coordinator and not our secondary. You can't expect guys to cover receivers for 6 seconds with no pressure on the QB.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2012, 12:23 PM

The top two goals in Spring Practice:
1. O-Line needs to learn to run block
2. D-backs need to learn how to tackle.

Good but edit #2 to tackle/cover/catch.hopefully not too

Nov 26, 2012, 1:58 PM

Much to take in all At once

OL run blocking looked OK to me as we gashed them in the

Nov 26, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: South Carolina Review ]

first quarter and a little later but we got away from the run even when we were still leading. Our pass blocking is what needs working on though because on passing downs Boyd had no time to throw even when they just brought 4 and a lot of that was Clown man but there were others getting back there too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

worst part was the play calling, IMO. I can live with being

Nov 26, 2012, 6:39 PM

beaten by a better athlete. I do NOT like the calls the adults made on the offensive side of the ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: worst part was the play calling, IMO. I can live with being

Nov 26, 2012, 7:48 PM

Terrible play calling from the highest paid OC in the entire country. Unbelievable...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree. It was bush league.***

Nov 27, 2012, 3:40 PM [ in reply to worst part was the play calling, IMO. I can live with being ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I guess Paul Johnson really was the answer...

Nov 27, 2012, 3:43 PM

..if you're retarded.

Chad Morris needs

Nov 26, 2012, 7:49 PM

a few more years to fine tune his system for the college game, period! He is a fantastic OC but needs the play design and calling to evolve in order to be consistently effective. For much of this year I thought he was ready for a head coaching spot but it's obvious that he needs a little more time to focus on nothing but Offensive Coordinating before he can take over the reigns somewhere. In our tough games, we are incredibly predictable with the play calling and other good programs can snuff that out QUICKLY!! If we struggled in 3-4 games this year to get the offense going (with the incredible amount of talent we have on O) then it would be VERY difficult to compete with a whole new set of players...two more years and The Chad should be primed and probably out the door into a HC spot (if not our own HC) but it's premature at this point.

Re: Waterboy

Nov 27, 2012, 1:29 PM

Remember The Fonz's part as coach in Waterboy? Scared of his counterpart....Spurrier. Two years in a row we don't utilize Sammy. 4 touches Sat nite?? Kiddin' right? Zero runs???? 4 touches????

Nov 26, 2012, 10:05 PM

Mediocrity describes football in the ACC under the reign of North Carolina apologist John Swafford....And it shall remain so. The Elite of the ACC, Clemson and Florida State hosted the mid-elite of the SEC on Saturday. Both were embarrassed at home.

It is because of mediocre competition in the ACC football arena these two stalwarts hve failed. Iron sharpens iron. There is NO iron in the ACC to challenge the football prowess of ANY team in the conference! And, when you play mediocrity, you become mediocre.

It is a known fact that the best recruits want to play for and against the best competition. Doing so hones their skills and prepares them for the next level. The ACC does not offer this higher level of competition and that is why the most sought after recruits go elsewhere

It is time for Clemson to get out of the ACC. It is time for Florida State to get out of the ACC. For these two storied programs to move forward they must face good competition weekly, and this will not happen in the WEAK ACC!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC

Nov 27, 2012, 1:30 PM

Well said.

"The play calling on offense was a mess" <-------THIS

Nov 27, 2012, 3:38 PM

This was the real key to the entire disaster. We had no game plan. We did not run the up-tempo offense. Quite honestly it was the worst game I have ever seen Morris call. Do not get it at all. The TOP was a factor of the offense could not keep themselves on the field as much as it was the defensive debacles. Just do not understand it at all.

Nov 27, 2012, 9:19 PM

You said you saw five things that stood out and looked like the difference in the game.
Well,Mickey you left out a sixth,and this one more than anything,imo, made the difference.
Steve Spurrier outcoached us.He made Dabo looke like an ex real estate salesman turned cheerleader.Morris was made to look like the former high school coach he was,and Brent,well he was a rookie D.C.who did the best with what he had to work with.And that wasn't much.
Losing may suck,but when your coaching staff is sucking wind,and has no clue as to how to come up for air,I have to wonder how many more of these type of losses we will endure before this program can really compete on a national level.

Can't agree with this review at all

Nov 27, 2012, 9:47 PM

There is plenty of blame to go around on both sides of the ball that's for sure, but our troubles (which have gone on all year) begins and ends with our defensive line. Their lack of pressure killed us time and time again. While our secondary might not be all americans, you can only hold coverages for so long.

IMO not getting pressure killed us all night and kept our defense on the field, which kept our offense off and didn't allow it to find a rythm. Very surprised to see an article written without any mention of them.

Ok, Ok We Sucked, Lets Move On

Nov 27, 2012, 10:08 PM

I understand that Bowl Predictions have us playing either LSU or Georgia in the Chick fil a ... here is where we can kick some #### ! (actually, more people will watch this then the annual S. Carolina bragging rights game).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Left One Major Part Out

Nov 28, 2012, 10:12 AM

We played SOFT! Nothing is more unacceptable than playing soft for a Clemson football team, hard for fans like me to accept this. You want a examples that show it:
1 - Brewer has a free hit from Thompson's blind side on a blitz and he PUSHES him down - he missed an opportunity to make a statement and put doubt in their QB but it did not happen
2 - Pulling receivers out of bounds on sidelines after they catch the ball happened numerous times after giving huge cushions for them to catch the ball.
3 - Allowing DJ to stand over our RB and flex with NO consequence. We just ignore it.
4 - Clowney has called us out before and after the game for not being tough as the SEC - how is this possible and us not react??

Agree with all your other issues but to me NOTHING is more important than to play with PRIDE - honor past players, your school, your fans and set the tone or SIT YOUR #### ON THE BENCH.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic