Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd sixth in ESPN Heisman Watch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd sixth in ESPN Heisman Watch

Nov 20, 2012, 10:36 AM

Tajh Boyd sixth in ESPN Heisman Watch

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh gets an invite after we crush the coots!***

Nov 20, 2012, 10:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat the daylights out of the chickens and he'll

Nov 20, 2012, 11:05 AM

get that invite.

It is fair and true that the national perception is he is putting up monster numbers vs. crap defenses.

His numbers vs. Auburn, FSU, and Va Tech were solid but not Heisman-like.

Agreed he needs to step it up

Nov 20, 2012, 11:09 AM

but Manziel's numbers against Ole Miss were really bad, and his numbers against LSU make Connor Shaw look good.

Hey ESPN !!... Tajh cannot...

Nov 20, 2012, 11:08 AM

play for ALL the ACC teams, he just plays for Clemson. We cannot control what the rest of the ACC does. Give Tajh some love, he's doing what he needs to do at Clemson.

Go Tigers !!!

Typical ESPiN disclaimer for a lead.***

Nov 20, 2012, 11:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's far from 5th, though

Nov 20, 2012, 11:18 AM

Braxton Miller- 26
Tajh Boyd- 7

Funny how they don't make the same argument for Braxton

Nov 20, 2012, 11:21 AM

Miller who plays in an equally horrible Big 10. He has been on the list for over half the season and his numbers week to week haven't been eye popping.

Re: Funny how they don't make the same argument for Braxton

Nov 20, 2012, 11:50 AM

Miller owns wins over two teams higher ranked than Tajh's best.

Miller also doesn't have NEARLY the skill talent surrounding him Tajh does.

I disagree with that thought process

Nov 20, 2012, 12:09 PM

The Big 10 is as bad as the ACC. Just because Miller is on an undefeated team and he is the leader, doesn't make him a candidate automatically. I think he is terrific athlete but he is no more deserving than Boyd. He may have 2 wins that are higher, but they have struggled at times this year, something you can't say about our team and Boyd. Just my opinion here though and like anything on this board, it can be debated all day long.

Re: Football Player Update: Tajh Boyd sixth in ESPN Heisman Watch

Nov 20, 2012, 11:43 AM

Now ESPN places Boyd in the mix. Boyd's numbers are crazy good and they blame the conference. What happen to the total body of work. He is on a one loss team and still no respect. Then you place a two loss freshman into the number one spot. The polls and the the BCS are so bias year and I could only imagine what will happen in 2014 for the playoff system. The ACC will never get team in sniffing range of being considered with the current bias in the selection process. A seperate committee needs to formed ASAP to offset the polls. Texas A&M would have never bolted as high as they did if they were not in the darling SEC. Even when a team takes a L they are still talked up even on a ugly win over a lower team. This needs to stop and be evaluated to exposed the bias that is getting worse each year.

Boyd should be no lower than 2 in the heisman talk with the stats he has this year.

I will go out on a limb and say that Clemson will be S.Carolina by 24 points this weekend.

Nov 20, 2012, 11:45 AM

Now ESPN places Boyd in the mix. Boyd's numbers are crazy good and they blame the conference. What happen to the total body of work. He is on a one loss team and still no respect. Then you place a two loss freshman into the number one spot. The polls and the the BCS are so bias year and I could only imagine what will happen in 2014 for the playoff system. The ACC will never get team in sniffing range of being considered with the current bias in the selection process. A seperate committee needs to formed ASAP to offset the polls. Texas A&M would have never bolted as high as they did if they were not in the darling SEC. Even when a team takes a L they are still talked up even on a ugly win over a lower team. This needs to stop and be evaluated to exposed the bias that is getting worse each year.

Boyd should be no lower than 2 in the heisman talk with the stats he has this year.

I will go out on a limb and say that Clemson will be S.Carolina by 24 points this weekend. If he is then not moved into the third spot and invited to NY the Heisman should be Boycotted!!

Nov 20, 2012, 11:52 AM

Why shouldnt a team or player with two losses be ahead of a one loss team/player if two loss team/player has proven more.

Clemson's top win is over #47 Ball State. Why aren't you calling for Kenneth Dixon for Heisman?

Nov 20, 2012, 12:03 PM

In this for a two loss team to have only really good win and bolt as high as he has is silly as heck!! Look at the total body of work. Stats don't lie but human perception is flawed. Mine as your I would assume.

THIS QUITE FRANKLY IS.....

Nov 20, 2012, 1:12 PM

a bunch of bull crap.....Tajh isn't 1 of the top QBs in the country,oh no.....hes THE BEST!

And like Dabo said, I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

##21

The award is not the BEST player, best player on best team!

Nov 20, 2012, 2:22 PM

This award is the BIGGEST joke in football! The definition is for the best player in college football. There have been a few times it was gotten right. But, most of the time it is the star of the highest profile team with the least losses. They need to change the definition of the award! The same problems haunt modern media! It's a popularity contest! No media is objective anymore! Report the facts & only the facts, and give the Heisman to the best football player, not the biggest star on the highest profile team with the most wins!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also Manti Te'o is good..

Nov 20, 2012, 2:59 PM

but he isnt heisman worthy.im going to say it.he will get an invite due to the tragedy he has faced will be a nice feel good story for them to air on tv.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic