Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Latest Coaches Poll Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Latest Coaches Poll Rankings

Nov 18, 2012, 12:10 PM

Latest Coaches Poll Rankings

Check out the latest poll after Clemson defeated NC State 62-48 Saturday in Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BCS is a JOKE

Nov 18, 2012, 12:40 PM

The BCS is a corrupt joke. Texas A&M beats Alabama only to drop down 2 spots while Alabama plays no better quality opponent but moves up 2 spots to second in the nation. If I was a recruit I would much rather play for a program that is all but guaranteed to be in the running for the national championship regardless of if they lose or not. That explains in part why Alabama and Oregon does so well in recruiting while everyone gets to fight over the remaining scraps. Good riddance to this pathetic system.

All the polls are a joke if you ask me. I think the SEC's

Nov 18, 2012, 12:53 PM

"stature" is directly attributable to their deal with ESPN. Funny how ESPN paid them so much money to become Slive's mouthpiece. Yes there are good teams in the SEC, but there are good teams all around the country. Look at yesterday- no SEC teams played anybody worth a darn- conference games included. "Walkover Weekend" Mike Patrick called it, but smart scheduling by the SEC office. In any case, the mythology of SEC supremacy that is harped by ESPN affects the voters, just like ESPN's anointment of Heisman winners usually predicts the actual winner. It makes me sick.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: BCS is a JOKE

Nov 18, 2012, 1:05 PM [ in reply to BCS is a JOKE ]

SECPN will get every nickel of worth out of the corruptness that it possibly can while it last. Sports news all over the U.S. should be witting about it daily. But they would rather pull on the ##### of Bama, LSU, Oregon, ND and all other name brands that they can suck on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BCS is a JOKE

Nov 18, 2012, 1:16 PM [ in reply to BCS is a JOKE ]

And Oregon lost by a smaller margin, in OT, to a better-ranked team at the time, than 'bama did. You'd think the coaches would recognize that.

A&M, Sanford and LSU with 2 losses? WHAT A JOKE!***

Nov 18, 2012, 12:53 PM

I don't have a major issue with the Coaches Poll, but..

Nov 18, 2012, 1:00 PM

The AP poll is ridiculous at this point.

The coaches poll the only major arguments I would have is that I think it should be 6) Kansas State, 7) Florida, 8) Clemson, 9) A&M, 10) LSU - but really only LSU is the one significantly off IMO. However, if we beat South Carolina and FSU beats Florida, we should jump to 5th and FSU should jump to 4th IMO (once the SEC championship is done). If those two things happen and we DON'T jump all of the 2-loss teams I have a major problem with the rankings. For now lets win and let the polls take care of themselves

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Latest Coaches Poll Rankings

Nov 18, 2012, 1:21 PM

It's like they are punishing our coaches for not absolutely destroying our conference teams. They want Dabo to risk injury to his players to prove a point. Or they want to see our players injured in case they have to pit Clemson against one of their darlings. And they have moved bama completely out of our path. They didn't want to pisses saban off by keeping him in the path of an acc/Clemson with our high scoring offence that saban hate's. An offence just like ours has already knocked bama off. That is the exact reason they didn't match bama up in the championship game last year. The sec would have fell if they had, and they know it. Our types of offense only leaves offenses like bama and LSU a couple of defensive mistakes.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AP poll is meaningless. We stayed 9th in the Coaches

Nov 18, 2012, 1:32 PM

ahead of Stanford, and only lost 4 votes. That was a win for us, and hopefully the Harris will be a similar story.

Nov 18, 2012, 1:42 PM

Well, I have two comments. The Coaches poll shown does not list Ohio State which is a joke, and fortunately for Clemson, we only have one more game, which we will win, and hopefully not drop in the polls more than one place. CRONYISM AT IT'S WORST!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State is on probation and not eligible to be ranked in

Nov 18, 2012, 1:44 PM

the Coaches or Harris Polls. Joke is on them.

ALL i Hear is the reason we do not move up is SOS.

Nov 18, 2012, 1:59 PM

Has ANYBODY looked at ALA?????
OR WATCHED Florida play??

I really believe our offense would shred either of those teams.

UF could very easily be a .500 team, but the polls don't

Nov 18, 2012, 2:18 PM

reflect that. Alabama had two difficult games this year, and they barely won one and lost the other. I can't say whether they are good or not. They'll probably get the free pass against ND just like the freebies UF and LSU got against TOSU. There really should be a an asterisk next to any championship won by beating a big 10 team in the last 10 years.

Nov 18, 2012, 2:26 PM

We win this next two gains and we might just win ourselves right out of the top 15 in the AP poll.

We beat the snot out of Ball St who barely lost to 2 Top 25

Nov 18, 2012, 3:17 PM

teams (Kent St & Northern Illinois).

Nov 18, 2012, 4:02 PM

Who cares about the polls, win the coot game and the Tigers will rise !

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic