2 chatters in TigerActive Chat   Go!  
Front Page » TigerNet Forums » Archives » Tiger Board Archive

Topic: Tigers make a mistake not recruiting Quinshad Davis harder?
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 16, 2012 10:43 AM by: SOLOS®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7   Pages: 1  

Tigers make a mistake not recruiting Quinshad Davis harder?

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:29 AM

• WR Quinshad Davis finished with school single-game freshman records of 16 catches and 178 yards. The previous records were nine catches (Octavus Barnes vs. Texas, 1994 Sun Bowl) and 171 yards (Hakeem Nicks at Notre Dame, 2006). The 16 match the ACC record for all players, tied most recently by Wake Forest's Michael Campanero. Davis is one of six ACC players with 16 receptions in a game. Davis has now established a new season high for catches in each of the last three games and a new high for yards in each of the last two weeks.

• Davis also established a new school record for receptions in a season by a freshman with 52. GiovaniBernard held the record previously with 45 catches in 2011.

• Davis now ranks tied for fifth in ACC history for catches by a freshman and seventh in receiving yards by a freshman.

Out of curiosity, who would he bump from the roster?

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:35 AM

Nuk?

Sammy?

If he wouldn't be starting, we didn't miss. He's a solid talent, but don't kid yourself....he wouldn't be starting here.

Re: Tigers make a mistake not recruiting Quinshad Davis harder?

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:36 AM

He had an offer but didn't want to commit early.

When he came back near the end he was told that we were full at WR...no room in the inn.

D.J. Reader got that scholarship.***

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:38 AM

Reader? He's a LOUSY revceiver! Boy, we messed up!***

[2]
Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:39 AM

If I remember correctly,

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:39 AM

He begged for an offer from Clemson. We only took one LY and that was set aside for Hopper who had commited early. It was a numbers thing, and not a personal thing. Kid is lights out though. I watched him a lot on TV LY, cause for some reason they showed 3 or 4 of their games. Probably will wish we had him in '14- '15. But who knows. Hopper is supposed to be a speedster with awesome hands.

Phil Steele shorthand?***

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:43 AM

CLEMSON is getting to be like some of the basketball

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 10:41 AM

schools. They choose whom they want at WR, not the other way around. Glad to see he is doing good at UNC.

Replies: 7   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: 2017 Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I'm selling my 1 2017 Season Ticket in the Lower Deck, West End-zone. Asking $1200 or best reasonabl...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
2549 people have read this post