Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Dabo on the possibility of Boyd leaving early for NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,091

Football Player Update: Dabo on the possibility of Boyd leaving early for NFL

Nov 14, 2012, 5:28 PM

Dabo on the possibility of Boyd leaving early for NFL

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"My thoughts are all on NC State" Good answer, Dabo***

Nov 14, 2012, 5:45 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Just saying

Nov 14, 2012, 6:04 PM

I sureeeee hope Boyd doesn't leave,but..

if he did, ya gotta hope they're getting Kelly ready
to play.And though I haven't seen him on the college
level,he can't be any worse than our num #2 guy.

Go play in the street.***

Nov 15, 2012, 1:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I had counted on him leaving but if he stays, it may

Nov 14, 2012, 6:07 PM

mean more than bringing two big recruits like RN.

Tajh? Really? He seems like 4(5)-yr guy to me all the way.

Nov 14, 2012, 8:32 PM

I fully expect to see him back next year.

Boyd's not leaving early

Nov 14, 2012, 6:33 PM

he doesn't have the height to get a top 3 round draft grade in his junior year, so he'll be back. I'm not saying he's not talented enough for the NFL, but he isn't their prototypical type guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boyd's not leaving early

Nov 15, 2012, 7:47 PM

O lins and our D should be much better next year. Tajh will be at Clemson with them. Next year will be his year to get everyone on his watch list. He is very far from stupid, and that is why he will be leading our Clemson Tigers next year. I would bet on that, and I'm NOT a man who gambles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Dabo on the possibility of Boyd leaving early for NFL

Nov 14, 2012, 7:05 PM

I wonder what he thought Dabo would say? Tahj's comments were right by the ###### of what you would want your QB to say, and Dabo's were exactly what a Great Head coach should be expected to say. The end of the season draft outlook will be the major factor for Tahj, as it should, and he also, IMO, will weigh heavily what this team can be. I think he wants to be a part of a very special legacy at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Dabo on the possibility of Boyd leaving early for NFL

Nov 14, 2012, 7:07 PM

Don't know why ###### was censored.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2012, 7:08 PM

S C R I P T. What is wrong with that word?

If Boyd goes, say goodbye to Nuk, too. There is no way

Nov 14, 2012, 7:11 PM

he is hanging around another year to have our current back ups throw to him and kill his stats. Nuk knows he has a special QB firing the ball to him. That is not meant to be a criticism of our back ups, but neither are Boyd and won't be next year, either.

He's not leaving, nor ready for the nfl, fsu d gave him

Nov 14, 2012, 8:22 PM

Trouble in the second half.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's not leaving, nor ready for the nfl, fsu d gave him

Nov 14, 2012, 8:46 PM

As much as I hate to say it. I don;t think Nuk's draft status will improve much next year. He's had about as good a year as he is going to have......

He will probably be second round.

Dabo says a million isn't that much....that's cause he has several million. It is true taxes, new car and a house will eat most of it......but all that stuff would be paid for. You don't have to buy a 100k car and a million dollar house

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Yeah they don't HAVE to, but they all do anyway.***

Nov 14, 2012, 8:49 PM

youre right....but when the tax man comes around

Nov 15, 2012, 1:55 AM [ in reply to Re: He's not leaving, nor ready for the nfl, fsu d gave him ]

If you cant pay him, youll be back on mamas couch. There are very few first or second round NFL players that dont buy a huge house and a few sweet cars with that first check. Dabo's got a very good point.

In last 6 years, ZERO sub-6'2" junior QBs have been drafted.

Nov 15, 2012, 1:20 AM

There are a few rare sub-6'2" QBs that make it in the NFL, but (right or wrong) the NFL rarely DRAFTS sub-6'2" QBs.

Over the last 6 years and 74 QBs drafted, only 4 QBs under 6’2" were drafted to play QB, and NONE of them were juniors. (Though 2 more senior QBs were drafted to play WR because they were too "short".) Those 4 QBs had outstanding careers:
* 6'1" Colt McCoy, the all-time-winningest college QB (3rd round).
* 6’ Heisman winner, Troy Smith (5th round).
* 6'1" Tyrod Taylor (6th round).
* 5’11” Russell Wilson (5th round).

I could see Boyd going as a late-round pick after his SENIOR season, if he has another good year.

QBs often shrink an inch when the NFL measures them so in a we'll find out later if Boyd is really 6'1".

He'll be back!

Nov 15, 2012, 6:26 AM

NM

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,091
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic