Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bud Foster!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Bud Foster!

Nov 9, 2012, 7:29 AM

Pfffffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttt!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It didnt pan out last night for him

Nov 9, 2012, 7:31 AM

but he coached a very good game versus FSU. Excellent coach!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It didnt pan out last night for him

Nov 9, 2012, 7:45 AM

Um, not in the last two minutes, he didn't coach a good game. With the lead and two minutes remaining and the game in your house, you should be able to keep a team from going 70 yards for the winning TD. He rushed 2 and got burned. He brought heat and got burned. Why not just play a legitimate prevent and protect the end zone?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is not why they lost

Nov 9, 2012, 7:51 AM

They lost because they didnt go for it to put the game away when they had the chance. The loss was squarely an offensive failure. Kicking a fieldgoal to go up by two was stupid. Anybody could see that gives FSU too much time and they would only need a fieldgoal to win. They were not gonna lose that. Too much riding on it.

But they elected to take the points and it proved a bad decision. It wasnt his failure. Overall Foster had a good plan.

Dude. A TD makes it 26-20. What the ###### are

Nov 9, 2012, 7:57 AM

you talking about? FSU won the game 28-22. Wouldn't have mattered since Logan "He's-So-Tall" Thomas can't deliver when he has to. When you have the lead with two minutes to play and the strength of your team (supposedly) is on the field to seal the deal in front of the home crowd, you should win the game.

Ok, since u r obviously asleep , let me explain something to

Nov 9, 2012, 8:02 AM

you. VT could have gotten a first down when it was fourth and like 1 yard. It wasnt scoring a TD that would have mattered. But if they go for it, make the first down, they run out the clock at the point and can score a td or the field goal and FSu has no time remianing. Tehy elceted to kick the field goal with over two min left instead. It was the wrong call. VT has no season left, they r done. When you have a top ten team at home on the ropes, you finish it. You dont plan for luck to save you or a great defensive effort. You finish it right then and there. They could have an didnt.

Thats why it wasnt Bud Fosters fault.

Geeez. some people are so lost.

Look, Sport, nobody in their right mind risks going for

Nov 9, 2012, 8:07 AM

it on 4th down when a FG puts you in the lead with two minutes remaining. If you were (LMAO) head coach at Clemson and turned it over on downs in that situation, I would come to your house and kick your ####. Kicking the FG was absolutely the right thing to do. If they had blown it by going for it on 4th down and not making it, Beamer would have been the laughing stock of the college football world today.

And you think Bud Foster bears no blame for the loss? Really? And you say I'm asleep?

Wrong again

Nov 9, 2012, 8:10 AM

Anyone watching that game with any sense would have been saying to themselves. FSU only needs a field goal with over two min left. I would have bet on the top ten team to do that. VT make the wrong call, they should have ended it when they had the chance. They didnt and they lost. VT had nothing to lose, so you definately go for it in that senario. Was a boneheaded decision.

Re: That is not why they lost

Nov 9, 2012, 7:58 AM [ in reply to That is not why they lost ]

You are exactly right. I couldn't believe they didn't aggressively go for a TD when they had the chance. Scoring a TD would have put much more pressure on FS. ugh!

And if they had turned it over on downs?

Nov 9, 2012, 8:01 AM

You would be the first one to say those idiots should have kicked the field goal to take the lead.

NO. Clearly going for it was the right call because

Nov 9, 2012, 8:06 AM

they lost anyway. But still, the point remains. This was VT game of the year, this was their bowl. You dont maess around with it, you end it right then and there. They didnt and it was the wrong call.

That is why they lost.

I guess Beamer's crytal ball was in the shop last night.

Nov 9, 2012, 8:15 AM

According to you, he should been able to see the future. In that situation, I'm not going to lose the game by turning it over on downs when I can take the lead and put my defense on the field to seal the win at home.

Oh i get it alright

Nov 9, 2012, 8:17 AM

you just dont want to be wrong. And you are. Next time youll know better.

LOL! You got me, bud.

Nov 9, 2012, 8:19 AM

That is you, Bud Foster, right? Glad you'll never be making that decision for Clemson. smh

I can assure you that I really dont care what

Nov 9, 2012, 8:25 AM

you think. I shouldnt have even tried to explain it to you. Clearly you think you are right. So go be right. Its thinking like you are expressing that people give away big games.

But who cares. Ive wasted enough time trying to explain to you. I have other things to do

Re: And if they had turned it over on downs?

Nov 9, 2012, 8:33 AM [ in reply to And if they had turned it over on downs? ]

No, I'm not talking about on 4th down. I'm saying they got real conservative, running up the middle, once they got that first down. It seemed to me they were content with a FG and didn't sense the urgency to get it in the end zone. I agree that they had to kick the FG on 4th down. I just don't think they had the right play calls to get it in the endzone. Too conservative...

Re: And if they had turned it over on downs?

Nov 9, 2012, 8:37 AM

We agree on that. My OP actually had nothing to do with their last offensive series. theoriginaltiger hijacked the thread.

If we were talking from the start about how VT should have played their last offensive series, I agree with you completely. Play action would have been the way to go.

Because FSU didn't need to get to the end zone to win

Nov 9, 2012, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Re: It didnt pan out last night for him ]

They only needed about 35 yards and a field goal. Prevent was not an option.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have been rushing three, playing man coverage

Nov 9, 2012, 8:11 AM

with help from two safties. Whichever LB was not picking up a receiver could bring pressure. His secondary was playing way back, he either brought no rush or he brought the farm and he got his butt handed to him big time.

BTW, they needed at least 45 yards. They started on their own 30. They needed to get inside the 40 to have a good shot at it.

Message was edited by: David78®

Nobody in their right mind wouldve went for it on 4th &1 or

Nov 9, 2012, 8:15 AM

played man coverage

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic