Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: 25 Coaches to replace Joker Phillips at UK
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Football Update: 25 Coaches to replace Joker Phillips at UK

Nov 5, 2012, 10:52 AM

25 Coaches to replace Joker Phillips at UK

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: 25 Coaches to replace Joker Phillips at UK

Nov 5, 2012, 10:54 AM

Not a good idea to go somewhere you can't win for your first head coaching job, Morris too smart for that.

Kentucky? Can't see Morris ever being interested. Who wants

Nov 5, 2012, 10:55 AM

to be Caliparri's little brother?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd be a fool to go to UK

Nov 5, 2012, 10:55 AM

other than desire to immediately be a head coach, there is no reason to jump to UK. They care more about Midnight Madness than the football game the next day.

He could hold out for much better jobs.

He's probably content to earn $1.3 M and learn from Coach

Nov 5, 2012, 11:00 AM

Swinney about running a program the right way until he has enough of a track record and experience to warrant an offer from a school where the odds are great that he can have success.

He's got such a great job right now, that he can afford to be very picky in what HC job he takes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While we all know Morris will leave Clemson one day....

Nov 5, 2012, 10:57 AM

when he does, it won't be for Kentucky. There is a good reason why they;ve had five different coaches in the last 20 years and Morris knows it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He might be the next coach at Clemson...who knows

Nov 5, 2012, 11:04 AM

but you're right...there's no way at all he goes to Kentucky

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tennessee and Iowa will likely be looking for new coaches..

Nov 5, 2012, 11:12 AM

after this season and while both of those jobs would be appealing, I don't think either of those two schools would consider hiring a coach with no previous head coaching experience at the collegiate level. There will also be other head coaching vacancies at seasons end (Boston College, Cal, Purdue and Kansas just to name a few) but I don't think any of those job would be of any real interest to Coach Morris. He has the luxury of being picky and patient.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other potential schools in the next few years...

Nov 5, 2012, 11:28 AM

When (not if) Morris takes his swing, I imagine it will be a school that has good support, has been competitive in the (relatively) recent past, but for whatever reason just hasn't been able to get back to that level. I can think of quite a few in the Pac12: UCLA, Arizona, AZ St., Washington.
Or in addition to Iowa in the Big 10: Illinois, Michigan St. That sort of program.

Schools like Kentucky are where coaching careers go to die...can't imagine him being interested in that.

Auburn says hello...no way they can keep Chiz after this yr***

Nov 5, 2012, 12:09 PM [ in reply to Tennessee and Iowa will likely be looking for new coaches.. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know Chiz is on the hot seat....

Nov 5, 2012, 1:05 PM

and in spite of one of the worst Auburn seasons in recent memory, I really don't see Auburn firing him just yet.

Chiz recently signed a new contract (in June of 2011 I believe) as a reward for winning the BCS Championship.
The buyout, which started at a whopping $10 million, will still be nearly $8 million after this season.

Also, in what amounts to a major rebuilding year with two new coordinators on both sides of the ball, I think he gets a bit of a pass although the reports of players complaining internally about a lack of leadership certainly aren't helping him.

there's no way he takes the worst job in the SEC***

Nov 5, 2012, 11:00 AM

Re: there's no way he takes the worst job in the SEC***

Nov 5, 2012, 12:14 PM

Its hard to believe that the sec even keeps UK in the conference period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont think it will take 25 coaches to replace Joker***

Nov 5, 2012, 11:06 AM

exactly what I was thinking....maybe if it were a

Nov 5, 2012, 11:16 AM

Mark Mangino type, or Freidgen (sp.?)....

#1, Chad is going nowhere for at least two more years.

Nov 5, 2012, 11:21 AM

#2, when he does leave it won't be for the likes of KY.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Football Update: 25 Coaches to replace Joker Phillips at UK

Nov 5, 2012, 11:33 AM

Joker Phillips name was listed in the UK v. Mizzou mmedia notes as: JOKE Phillips!
Keep your hands off of our OC!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad can do better than Kentucky. Venebles

Nov 5, 2012, 11:33 AM

more likely than Chad a this point because I think Chad can land a better job, closer to Texas. Venebles could improve his stock with another year or two at Clemson, especially if we land some of the recruits we have on the board.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CM may leave after this year, but it will NOT be to uk

Nov 5, 2012, 11:38 AM

He'll have better offers than that out there. Arky, Awbarn, UT are all strong possibilities.

Re: CM may leave after this year, but it will NOT be to uk

Nov 5, 2012, 12:17 PM

I don't think that Dooley is heading any where just yet. He has only been there for Three years, and has a good looking offense. Dooley job is safe this year at UT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody in Tennessee says he is gone

Nov 5, 2012, 12:44 PM

I think they are a bit quick to the trigger especially after changing defenses this year, but all of the UT homers are saying he is gone. Many of them think Gruden has already agreed to take the job.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CM may leave after this year, but it will NOT be to uk

Nov 5, 2012, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: CM may leave after this year, but it will NOT be to uk ]

if that is your opinion, you might want to head over to the message boards at www.volnation.com

they are singing a different tune over there.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic