Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,170

Football Player Update: Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd

Oct 23, 2012, 11:35 AM

Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he got hit in the head like Shaw did***

Oct 23, 2012, 11:41 AM

Re: Football Player Update: Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd

Oct 23, 2012, 11:43 AM

I think Chad Morris called a terrible game. 1st down was run off tackle. 2nd down QB keeper. 3rd and long deep pass.

Sure, Tahj wasnt that sharp but i dont think Coach Morris put us in good situations last Saturday...for whatever reason.

I barely recall any of the flanker screens & short over the middle stuff.

Oct 23, 2012, 11:52 AM

Do you think he felt obligated to make these calls due to the performance of the O-line Saturday? Sometimes you just gotta change it up and go with what is working.

Oct 23, 2012, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd ]

He called a lot of short over the middle but they were overthrown or dropped.

Oct 23, 2012, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd ]

I think he is game planing for our last regular season game. Just giving a lot of the same looks with totally different plays. You know with the type of coach Morris is. He's very very competitive. And I'm sure some of the things that Spurdick says pisses him off. And I would bet he has Big Red circles around that coot game. And Tajh didn't do much to help with the plans. The coots will be coming after Tajh MUCH harder than VT did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2012, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd ]

Exactly. However, I do not think that coach Morris was making those calls. Those are the types of plays he loathes. Look at his history. He loves flash and speed. I've been screaming since the 1st quarter of the VaTech game. It seemed we never cut the speed guys loose, and even tried running Sammy off tackle. Andre with 96 yards? It was an extremely conservative approach. 60 something plays? Not the Chad's style. Avery painful game to watch.

Oct 23, 2012, 11:57 AM

Our OLine looked like turnstiles on the first series. I bet Morris made some quick adjustments, because that was the last series they looked so bad.

2 sacks the first 3 plays. Never seen that before at CLEMSON.

Oct 23, 2012, 11:59 AM

who cares? We won!

Oct 23, 2012, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Dabo Swinney on Tajh Boyd ]

That first 3rd down was a very strange play call...I get that it was 3rd and 12 or whatever, but all four receivers ran long routes...not sure if someone misinterpreted the call from the sideline or that was the actual play call, but I don't recall us running four long routes like that before...really didn't give Boyd anyone to throw to in a "dumpoff" type situation..but like so many have said, we won the darn game

Oct 23, 2012, 8:04 PM

Not to mention, what happened to our tight ends?

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,170
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic