Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris: Tigers need to put Sharpies away and focus on football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Morris: Tigers need to put Sharpies away and focus on football

Oct 22, 2012, 12:20 PM

Morris: Tigers need to put Sharpies away and focus on football

Chad Morris says it is time for the members of the Tiger offense to put their Sharpies away, quit signing autographs and focus on football again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Morris: Tigers need to put Sharpies away and focus on football

Oct 22, 2012, 1:09 PM

**Why do we never have depth at OL!!!!! Doesn't make sense**

Re: Front Page Story: Morris: Tigers need to put Sharpies away and focus on football

Oct 22, 2012, 2:26 PM

It does if you don't have a defense and you have to play the ones to win the game, then you get no experience with the twos/threes. Then the next season, you are still trying to develop one.....again and nothing changes in the line. You are always developing the ones. Maybe next year, if not ths year, we will improve on defense and the offense will get better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 1st half Sat was one of Morris' worst games

Oct 22, 2012, 1:46 PM

His "cutesy" factor was too much on display. When we were attacking the LOS, we were getting huge chunks of yards. But he was calling too many plays that ran away from the LOS and/or took too long to develop. Shoot, the 2nd play of the game, after we lost 10 yards on the 1st was a wildcat with no QB on the field. It doesn't take too much to guess that on 2nd and 20 what we are going to do when we take pass of the table.

I'll give him credit though. The 2nd half of the game was a completely different style and well called. Most everything was heading right at the LOS.

Re: The 1st half Sat was one of Morris' worst games - AGREED

Oct 22, 2012, 3:37 PM

First and foremost, Chad is the most underpaid coach on the staff.... period. Without him, we are a Tommy Bowden type team.

However, you are 100% right about Saturday. Why TB gets more carries than AE is beyond me. When your QB is off, let AE bail him out more. He is a high quality RB that can carry this team if he just gets a crease to run through. If you don't get him behind the LOS, he is a very dangerous runner. The cute playcalls drive me nuts at times. We have major offensive weapons so use them.

Offensive line was beyond pathetic. It worries me as they look to have regressed, especially Giff.

Although our defense never allows me to feel comfortable in a game, they did play better this week in some ways. Still very poor fundamentals group and VT is a horrible offensive team but clearly, some strides were made. Shuey is limited athletically but is just a tough, driven football player. We need more Shuey's on this team.

WFU should not provide a major challenge and if our OL can't drive these guys off the ball, can you imagine what USuC's DL will do to them??? I'm ready to see some holes open and not watch our entire OL standing up looking at the defensive players laying on our RB after every play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most underpaid? You're kidding right?***

Oct 22, 2012, 3:59 PM

MOst underpaid...huh?***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1st half Sat was one of Morris' worst games - AGREED ]

Highest paid assistant coach in NCAA is underpaid?***

Oct 22, 2012, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1st half Sat was one of Morris' worst games - AGREED ]

Lol at the "cutesy" factor. Sure is fun and exciting to

Oct 22, 2012, 3:50 PM [ in reply to The 1st half Sat was one of Morris' worst games ]

watch. Man isn't making over $1.2 million for "boring".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol at the "cutesy" factor. Sure is fun and exciting to

Oct 22, 2012, 8:12 PM

We are winning, that is all that matters. If we were boring and winning like we are that would be great too.

Oct 22, 2012, 8:51 PM

Well things could be worse.....I mean....we could have set the record for the first school in a CENTURY, to have an opposing team score more than 40 points on them while having less than 200 yards of offense. Just sayin....

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic