Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Oct 12, 2012, 9:02 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Hey Mickey,
Like you I was raised in Columbia but I bleed orange in purple. I know everyone is talking about the Defense, bu

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Oct 12, 2012, 9:23 AM

The reason we took a knee at BC was because the Tigers already had covered the spread. Against Georgia Tech, that score put the Tigers over the spread.
In my opinion I think Dabo (and most coaches) are aware of the points spread and don't want to tick off a fans that had wagered on the game if they can help it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Oct 12, 2012, 9:44 AM

you'd like my wife's uncle. he had the theory that Bear Bryant did that for years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2012, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag ]

Wow, that is a very interesting theory. Never thought about that!

And I have to disagree with the guy about the all white uniforms. They are one of the better looking combos. If we had to wear purple, I prefer the Purple top with white pants.

Oct 12, 2012, 10:31 AM

I agree with you, the all white uniforms are sharp. Please no purple! I like that we have been sticking with a more traditional scheme this season and last: Orange/White at home, White/White away, Solid Orange for big games. I think it makes the solid orange combo that much more special. In the 81' season they stuck with O/W and W/W all season, then broke out the orange britches for the Nebraska/Orange Bowl game... everyone saw how that turned out.

Oct 12, 2012, 11:02 AM

I disagree, the all white is too bland. Either orange or purple pants on the road would look good imo. Also, as far as keeping what we had 31 years ago, have you upgraded your TV or cell phone since 1981? Just sayin.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rivalry/jerk explanation FAR more likely than point spread.***

Oct 12, 2012, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag ]

Oct 12, 2012, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag ]

I think that the reason we scored against GT is because they continued to try to be aggressive on defense. I mentioned this to the guy beside me during the game.

those emails read like first graders wrote them***

Oct 12, 2012, 11:03 AM

Yeah that makes reading the

Oct 12, 2012, 2:28 PM

post extra tough considering Mickey writes like a 3rd grader. The man never proofreads.

Uniforms are fine as is...

Oct 12, 2012, 11:27 AM

I like what Dabs has done with the orange/white at home, white/white on road. All orange should be for special games and when the team has done something deserving to wear them. I am okay with an occasional purple thrown in on a RARE occasion, but am not a big fan of it. Please do not revert to satin or metallic helmets...or use a purple Paw. We are not Oregon/Maryland and do not need stunts like that. GO TIGERS!

Re: Uniforms are fine as is...

Oct 12, 2012, 11:44 AM

check out LSU and Alabama -same uniforms forever. We need to keep traditions..........

Cut-blocking rule-change here...

Oct 12, 2012, 1:15 PM

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Latest+News/2012/February/Playing+Rules+Oversight+Panel+approves+rules+changes+in+football,+other+sports#.T0ewIgx7e7g.twitter

The rules panel also approved new wording in the football rules book regarding blocking below the waist. Offensive players in the tackle box at the snap who are not in motion are allowed to block below the waist legally without restriction. All other players are restricted from blocking below the waist with a few exceptions (for example, straight-ahead blocks).

Wow Mickey

Oct 12, 2012, 4:59 PM

Some of the least substantial and thoughtful 'replies' I have ever read...but it's Friday. I understand

Re: Wow Mickey

Oct 14, 2012, 8:41 AM

I agree with the lack of proof reading or even allowing one other person to read through before posting. Any volunteers out there for Mickey? Send him a note to assist if not in Tigernet budget.

I take it as an insult to our fan base and poor representation of a graduate of Clemson University when other fans read our sites and see typos/poor grammar from someone that works for a reputable website.

As for the mailbag I have mentioned this in past. If mailbag responder (Mickey) is not going to give a thoughtful or meaningful response to a fan who takes time to write a note either don't respond or don't have a mailbag.

Maybe if folks didn't ask about color preference, rules, etc***

Oct 15, 2012, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Wow Mickey ]

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic