Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Goose Creek athlete gets Clemson offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Goose Creek athlete gets Clemson offer

Oct 11, 2012, 11:52 AM

Goose Creek athlete gets Clemson offer

Kalan Ritchie was very close to committing to the Gamecocks and ending his recruitment until he heard from Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T.J. Burrell...

Oct 11, 2012, 12:01 PM

get on both of these guys for us is please sir.

We already have one TE committed for 2014

Oct 11, 2012, 12:03 PM

and are after Jeb Blazevich (sp) very hard. Are we going to have 3 TEs in one recruiting class?

hth

Oct 11, 2012, 12:05 PM

"“I would probably have to go in as a tight end, but I told Coach Elliott that I would want to play defensive end and he told the coach [defensive ends coach Marion Hobby], and the coach said that I would be able to play it,” Ritchie said. “That is why I like Clemson and they are in the lead, because I really want to play defensive end.”
South Carolina, on the other hand, is recruiting him primarily as a tight end."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

he'd be behind some serious talent at DE

Oct 11, 2012, 12:08 PM

but if our coaches think he can do it that's fine with me. At 6'6 there are a lot of places you could put him.

Re:Then go ahead and tweet him and tell him there is no

Oct 11, 2012, 12:15 PM

use in even considering it..

Re: he'd be behind some serious talent at DE

Oct 11, 2012, 1:33 PM [ in reply to he'd be behind some serious talent at DE ]

But at only 218lbs, he would have to eat the kitchen every day for a hold season to put 50lbs on him to play DE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's only a junior in high school.***

Oct 11, 2012, 2:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vic Beasely is only 225***

Oct 11, 2012, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: he'd be behind some serious talent at DE ]

Re: he'd be behind some serious talent at DE

Oct 11, 2012, 3:10 PM [ in reply to he'd be behind some serious talent at DE ]

no one from that class is signed, yet. There is quite alot of mumbling and grumbling. We had better have someone committed at that spot. Who knows, he may turn into a beast.

Re: Re: he'd be behind some serious talent at DE

Oct 11, 2012, 2:10 PM

He has 2 years to fill that 6'6 frame. Shouldn't be much of a problem.

Re: Front Page Story: Goose Creek athlete gets Clemson offer

Oct 11, 2012, 2:11 PM

I guess he knows where Death Valley is!!!

Oct 11, 2012, 5:28 PM

Depth creates competition, which brings out the best in athletes. Hypothetically, if everyone committed was locked in right now we would have Nkemdiche, Daniel, Lawson, Rodgers, Crawford, Beasley, Barnes, and Watkins (unless he moves inside.) This creates a great opportunity for the two best guys to step up. Do you think South Carolina recruits defensive ends and says "Nahh we have Taylor and Clowney and two good backups we don't really need you." They take them anyway because injuries happen and depth is crucial if a team wants to make a run at a conference or national title. I say go for him and if he signs put him at whichever position he's best at.

Also, don't worry about 218 lbs. He's like 16-17 years old and still in high school. He will put on 30 pounds before he ever steps foot on a college campus. And a 6'6" he's going to be a tall, lanky guy like another guy I've heard of... his name is Devin Taylor and he was listed at 6'7" 220 lbs as a senior in high school and he's about a biscuit under 270 now.

Oct 11, 2012, 5:30 PM

I just referenced South Carolina because they have two great defensive ends, one of which will probably be the top player taken in the 2014 draft (Clowney) and the other will be off the board in the 1st-2nd round next spring.

Oct 11, 2012, 6:24 PM

Great example Kendall, I thought the same thing..6'6 is the key..You never know what this kid might turn into in 2 years.

Oct 12, 2012, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Goose Creek athlete gets Clemson offer ]

Clowney I would believe to be a first rounder on any teams first round pick. Clowney won't stay on the board past 10. IMO Clowney is the best DE in todays college FB, hands down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2012, 3:13 PM

Clowney is terrible in the run game.. that's why he was on the sideline in the LSU game.. he might be a beast pass rusher but he needs to learn how to read the run

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2012, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Goose Creek athlete gets Clemson offer ]

The major problem with your theory that we should just add as many d linemen as possible is we only have 85 scholarships and we are wasting one that could be used in a different area. I know I would rather go after a cornerback that could be a 1st or 2nd stringer rather than a 3rd or 4th string d lineman.

I am not having a go at you I just think once you have your 2 deep covered you move on to other more pressing areas and if nothing is available you then come back to adding 3rd or 4th stringers for depth.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic