Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,524

Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech prediction

Oct 5, 2012, 12:17 PM

Clemson vs. Georgia Tech prediction

Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson bring his option attack to Clemson on the heels of a two-game losing streak. However, the Jackets have won five-of-six against the Tigers. Which streak will end? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech prediction

Oct 5, 2012, 12:19 PM

this wont be coplse us 51 them 20

^^Keyboarding under the Influence^^***

Oct 5, 2012, 12:54 PM

null

Message was edited by: facman®

If they fumble the ball 4 or 5 times we might hold them to

Oct 5, 2012, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech prediction ]

Here’s some meaningless analysis

Oct 5, 2012, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech prediction ]

Don't complain about how you can't get these 30 seconds back, because this is meaningless analysis, except that it shows how much these guys keep up with the Tigers and that they can’t spend that much time on the opponent until game week. Kinda like the team.

About three times out of five, each prognosticator has underestimated CU’s scoring total for the game, and the overestimates were all in the Auburn and Furman games.

In terms of points scored, Mickey is only 9 points off CU’s total point output for the season and the others are less. Pigskin Prophet is only one point off.

These guys underestimate the point total of the opponents a little more often, but not much.

The huge difference is in opponents’ points scored. If you add up total points scored by opponents, the prognosticators are, to a man, well under the actual cumulative opponents’ score total. David Hood is 13 points under the opponent’s point total for the season and everyone else is farther off. In some cases, it’s a lot more. Prophet is 18 points under. Mickey is 25 points under. Dan is 35 points under. Swann’s total so far is 52 points under the actual opponent’s point total for the season. Remember, my point isn’t that they make glaringly bad picks, just that they are much closer on their estimations of Clemson’s point total. And I’m talking cumulative. They are pretty close on individual games.

I’m not taking a swipe at these guys, at all. Just pointing out the interesting difference between the guess and the actual in terms of opponents cumulative point total. Also, though, I wonder if the underestimations of opponent productivity stem from not being familiar with the opponents or with an OVER-estimation of our defense’s ability.

Like I said, meaningless analysis...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take the overestimation on our defense this year in my

Oct 5, 2012, 4:25 PM

picks as the issue I've had. In fact that is the reason that i am the only one to pick against us this week. I've been waiting on the defense to show up and they haven't.

This week, I decided to go with that knowledge and I worry we can't/won't get the off the field.

I appreciate your work to get those numbers. I always enjoy looking at the statistical breakdown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's not meaningless but it's coplse.***

Oct 5, 2012, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Here’s some meaningless analysis ]

Copsle only counts in heosf shzew and hnadf grneadszx.***

Oct 5, 2012, 10:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh sure..........easy for YOU to say!!,,,,,lol....:~)***

Oct 5, 2012, 10:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone look how good those uni's look***

Oct 5, 2012, 12:20 PM

HEY EVERYONE...COME SEE HOW GOOD WE LOOK***

Oct 5, 2012, 1:16 PM

Clemson

Re: HEY EVERYONE...COME SEE HOW GOOD WE LOOK***

Oct 5, 2012, 2:48 PM

Logan Thomas is soooooooooo tall

get up by 3 TDs in 1st QT means they have to .....

Oct 5, 2012, 10:33 PM

play from behind. That offense is not meant to play catch up. That's the key, get up on them early. Hopkins and Watkins getting a couple TDs a piece early would be nice :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well done! Great prediction!***

Oct 6, 2012, 7:05 PM

WOW, nice pick!***

Oct 7, 2012, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,524
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic