Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Nation's No. 1 DT says Tigers need playmakers on defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Nation's No. 1 DT says Tigers need playmakers on defense

Sep 24, 2012, 10:01 PM

Nation's No. 1 DT says Tigers need playmakers on defense

Montravius Adams of Vienna (Ga.) Dooly County made the trek to Tallahassee and Doak Campbell Stadium to take in the matchup of top ten teams. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on over big fella.***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen. Be a part of a new great Clemson defense

Sep 24, 2012, 10:44 PM

You would be my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least one of them. All of the Clemson Tigers athletes are my heros.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if the shoe fits....***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WELL FREAKING COMMIT BUDDY. U ALL IN?***

Sep 26, 2012, 1:27 AM

Re: Front Page Story: Nation's No. 1 DT says Tigers need playmakers on defense

Sep 24, 2012, 10:06 PM

Well, come on young man. This Tiger team is headed for big things. Get in on the ground floor , and make your mark. Or, go to Bama, LSU, etc. and redshirt.

so obvious to a 17 yr old but yet some of our fans think its

Sep 24, 2012, 10:07 PM

a scheme problem...wow

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes sir!!! I would say we need ya pretty bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can he play this Saturday?

I'm serious.

HaHaHaHaHa....Grasping for straws, are we? Heck, I even

Sep 24, 2012, 10:17 PM

suggested earlier that we may want to consider calling in the 82nd Airborne Division, The Army Rangers, Marines, Navy Seals, etc. We could even give them special names: Chiller, Killer, Thriller, Gorilla...whatever makes them happy! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Physically?

Sep 24, 2012, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Can he play this Saturday? ]

yes

That sounds really good

Sep 24, 2012, 10:09 PM

and him starting as soon as he gets there, will hopefully be the factor. Kid is a beast

Re: That sounds really good

Sep 24, 2012, 10:12 PM

Man, that would be quite a D line with Adams, RN, and scott pagano lined up.

Don't foget Daniel, Watkins and Reader that is some good

Sep 24, 2012, 10:17 PM

depth and Lawson and Aiken. Lawson woulda seen some big PT if he'd made it in.

We need Adams & Nkemdiche

Sep 24, 2012, 10:13 PM

and about 3-4 more with their abilities. Plus, we need them to just be ready like a senior would next year.

Truth is, we lost the FSU game 2-4 years ago with a lack (quality & quantity) of Defensive players.

I hope we don't lose who we have committed so far and Adams comes in too! Lord knows we need the help!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, this ain't my Vinegar Pie recipe, but I think it will

Sep 24, 2012, 10:24 PM

work.

How to make a Dominating Defense

1 #1 ranked Defensive End( #1 Player will work too)
1 #1 Ranked Defensive Tackle ( Some would say #1 Player)
1 Top Five Defensive End( who can fly)
1 Top Ten Defensive Tackle(who is full grown)
1 OLB( Who May be a better Running Back) with blazing speed
1 Top 5 Athlete ( who will be a killer safety)

Add in two seasoned 5* Linebackers and one 5* DB, a couple of veteran Dlinemen and Two second year stud hoss DT's

and Finish off with a lock down corner, wherever you have to get it. Even if you have to go back and steal one from you neighbor across the line in Virginia...

Mix well with a certified DC and let it gel for a couple of weeks and you will have one fine product.

Spud

** By the way, for those of you who got my Vinegar Pie recipe, how did it turn out. I have only eaten about four of them so far this year.....

Re: Well, this ain't my Vinegar Pie recipe, but I think it will

Sep 25, 2012, 11:02 AM

I like the recipe, but I think it will take longer than a couple weeks. Seriously, though, Clemson's recruiting has been very good, but just slightly below the nationally elite programs. We've gotten some really good kids, but looking at a couple that went elsewhere who would have put us over the top.

That's why the recruitment of Big Mon Adams makes such a difference. Having players like him come into the program will help the program move to the next step.

Sep 24, 2012, 10:25 PM

This sounds like great news to me... He is starting to realize that Clemson needs a lot of help on the defensive line. I still believe that he is going to Clemson no matter how the season goes.

Sep 24, 2012, 10:45 PM

Why cant Clemson recruit any good DTs we only have one coming in this class.

Pagano is pretty good if he comes***

Sep 24, 2012, 10:48 PM

At Clemson, Top Rated "D" Players Will Actually Have A ....

Sep 24, 2012, 11:09 PM

real shot at starting out of the gate. If one of these prospects were to go to one of those "alternative" achools ie Alabama, LSU, FSU etc.... they might have to sit a few years ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never give first year players on Defense a chance

Sep 25, 2012, 7:38 AM

but with this crowd we may have instant impact right off the bat....

Montravius is as, if not more important, than Robert Nkemdiche.

William Perry was invaluable from the day he arrived ...

Sep 25, 2012, 12:24 PM

As a true freshman, he was key to our 1981 season and we don't get to the Orange Bowl or win the MNC without him.

Is Montravius another William Perry?

Who knows?

But, he has the chance to be ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what about......

Sep 25, 2012, 6:30 PM

Chester McGlocton and Brenston Buckner

Re: William Perry was invaluable from the day he arrived ...

Sep 26, 2012, 5:58 AM [ in reply to William Perry was invaluable from the day he arrived ... ]

You are so right. Without Perry blowing up RBs and QBs as a true Fresh, our D would have been just better than average. Because of Perry's play, the LBs run wild.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2012, 8:07 AM

I believe this young man is not only a great football prospect, but he is of great character, as well. He will fit in nicely with our players and coaches, and at Clemson he can make an immediate impact. We have a boat load of skill players, but we need the OL and DL (and some other defensive help) to make us one of the top programs. This young man can be a significant piece of that puzzle.

Sep 25, 2012, 8:58 AM

If Montravious comes this will be one hell of a recruiting class on the defensive side of the ball. Just gotta hope they can learn from Venables.

I seriously believe all of those players could give our

Sep 25, 2012, 9:35 AM

defense the same jump that Tajh,Nuke,and Sammy gave our offense.

I seriously believe all of those players could give our

Sep 25, 2012, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Nation's No. 1 DT says Tigers need playmakers on defense ]

defense the same jump that Tajh,Nuke,and Sammy gave our offense.

Re: I seriously believe all of those players could give our

Sep 25, 2012, 7:52 PM

Absolutely, they can, and then when things start rolling it's all downhill, and as the saying goes, "the rich get richer", just like Alabama and some of the other top programs.

Sep 25, 2012, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Nation's No. 1 DT says Tigers need playmakers on defense ]

I do agree, and I do have confidence in Brent Venables. He has fielded some very good defensive units in his career. He didn't inherit a gold mine of wonderful, experienced talent when he too this job.

Sep 25, 2012, 9:47 AM

No #### sherlock!

Sep 25, 2012, 12:47 PM

The guy is a pure beast at his tackle position. Say that FSU has the same type of talent as they have now. Adams and Robert would have gave us at least 5+ more times with the ball for our Offense. A DE and a Tackle like those two on the same D-Line gives the ball to the Offense for more chances to score. I'm actually proud of the way we hung with FSU for 3 quarters the way we did. I am in no way ashamed of the way our D hung in there with almost no depth at all to brag about. For those that adds ashamed to any statement they have made about our Tigers, they should feel ashamed of what they have said. Great teams can't be built in just a few seasons. And the very few that have become over night successes had great players with bad coaching. A few years ago before Dabo took over, we only had a few great player with very bad coaching. It is getting better with Dabo leading the way. Very good things are just a very short time ahead for Clemson. For those of you that were ashamed of our team last Saturday night, I hope you have found another wagon to jump into before the pieces ( which are very few) come together. We really don't need you weighing down our wagon with your negative embarrassing statements. Your statements are embarrassing for the School, the fans, and the team that gave the best they had to give to the better team. I'm proud of the Tiger team that went toe to toe with the better team in their house. Gooooo Tigerssssss. And get out embarrassed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2012, 1:15 AM

Is it really embarasssing to point out legitimate shortcomings? Does it really do our team a favor to not raise legitimate questions regarding our suspect strength program? Does it really help a player to gloss over a lack of motivation and committment? Does it help any individual to endorse mediocrity, and not demand his best? If you are playing at a top division 1 program and you can't bear being told the truth, should you really be there? "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."---President Harry Truman.

Sep 26, 2012, 5:50 AM

If you can't deal with the time it does take for the jello to Gel, get the frick out the kitchen.

MESSAGE TO ADAMS!

Sep 25, 2012, 6:28 PM

lol

get your butt to CLEMSON....they need U bad!
and try and get in in Jan.-PLEAASEEE

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic