Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson vs FSU Prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson vs FSU Prediction

Sep 21, 2012, 11:01 AM

Clemson vs FSU Prediction

Clemson has a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball, but the defense has been a question mark. Can that defense find its way on the road against a team on a mission, with tons of playmakers? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Realism?! Booo!***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson vs FSU Prediction

Sep 21, 2012, 11:07 AM

Oh ye of little faith... tisk tisk

Even TigerNet doesn't pick us to win***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:10 AM

Re: Even TigerNet doesn't pick us to win***

Sep 21, 2012, 9:13 PM

That makes it all the sweeter when we do. I don't know what will show up on Sat. PM, but this should be a great game, and say what you will, we have come a long way in a short time to be where we are. I like our chances, I like our players and I like our coaches. And, I certainly like our character over any opponent we will face, and that is as important as anything, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no mention of FSU running the option with Manuel

Sep 21, 2012, 11:10 AM

That will be the difference in the 4th quarter when they need to drain the clock and slow the game down.

FSU 48 CU 24***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:14 AM

FSU won't drop 48 on us.***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:16 AM

never say never. Who would've thought WV would

Sep 21, 2012, 11:17 AM

drop 70 on us. Most of tigernet was predicting we cream them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which we should have. If that "fumble" in the endzone had

Sep 21, 2012, 11:18 AM

never happened it would have been a different game. Our boys quit after that play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Well shame on them for quitting in an 11 pt game.***

Sep 21, 2012, 4:13 PM

Re: never say never. Who would've thought WV would

Sep 21, 2012, 1:57 PM [ in reply to never say never. Who would've thought WV would ]

Well if we are going to dwell on last season then FSU would be a lock.Clemson has the same offense and FSU has the same defense.Tiger by 7

Re: never say never. Who would've thought WV would

Sep 21, 2012, 9:26 PM

You are right on with your post! The prediction that FSU would be the cream of the crop has been the rule for the past 8 years, but we, somehow, miraculously, have won 6 of the last 9 games. The same thing about the prediction with the coots, who for the last eon, have been National Champions prior to the season starts. I don't know how we will perform, but we are making huge strides, and we are doing it the right way. Hats off to our team and to our coaching staff! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU 34. Clemson 21

Sep 21, 2012, 11:18 AM [ in reply to FSU won't drop 48 on us.*** ]

I dont see us stopping their option and keeping their receivers in check. I think we can score some points but mainly in the 3rd and 4th wih FSU up 24 to 7 to start the third quarter off.

Re: CU 34 NOLES 21***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:26 AM [ in reply to FSU 48 CU 24*** ]

Re: CU 34 NOLES 21***

Sep 21, 2012, 9:39 PM

Some will pooh, pooh, this post, but a Clemson win certainly is possible. FSU has played nobody , and, granted, we only played a weak AU team, who didn't seem so weak at the time. We certainly are capable of whipping their butts, just like we did last year, when they had those same "great, 5 star, outstanding athletes they have had for the last 9 years, and the same Auburn type talent that is "secheat class talent" that no team could possibly compete against, but somehow, we did spank that butt, too. I don't know if we will win, but I wouldn't trade places with fsu for all the tea in China. Go Tigers!!!

FSU 45 CU 28. 2 good offenses. 1 good defense - not ours. :(***

Sep 21, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to FSU 48 CU 24*** ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're gonna see something from BV that we haven't seen

Sep 21, 2012, 11:22 AM

yet.

He's been baiting FSU for three games.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

BV risked a 19-16 Auburn lead in Q4 to bait FSU??? Good one!***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:51 AM

didn't say that

Sep 21, 2012, 11:57 AM

He did some things against AU that he hasn't done since. Just wait.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You said baiting for 3 games. That would include Auburn.

Sep 21, 2012, 12:14 PM

While I don't think BV baited FSU in the Auburn game, I think he played it vanilla against the cupcakes and I do think that (with 3 more weeks of practice since Auburn, and BV's experience against FSU) we could see a more aggressive, run-oriented, multiple-blitz-heavy D this weekend than we've seen in the last 3 games. It's one of my hopeful reasons for the upset.

Dan Scott got cheated the first week. Him and El tied!!!***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:26 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given our recent history with big games....

Sep 21, 2012, 11:38 AM

I feel more comfortable being picked to win by almost no one than I do being picked to win by almost everyone. We do have a tendency to choke on the big games when we're picked to win, and seem to do better when we are the distinct underdogs. Thankfully, I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd put my money on my Tigers because I think they have what it takes to pull off the upset.

GO TIGERS!!!!

What happened? Did BV start the 'nutcuttin' early? Grow a

Sep 21, 2012, 11:42 AM

pair. Clemson by at least 10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That "Actual" guy has been dead on the last 3 weeks.***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:53 AM

Nope. Clemson 35 FSU 27***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:56 AM

GO TIGERS

Very close. Catman gets one late. 38-27. Go Tigs. +1.***

Sep 21, 2012, 11:58 AM

I was just thinking the same- 35-27***

Sep 21, 2012, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Nope. Clemson 35 FSU 27*** ]

Sep 21, 2012, 11:58 AM

The FSU punter has actually been very good. Maybe not a huge foot, but great accuracy and directional punting. He got 2 punts inside the 5 yard line last week.

Sep 21, 2012, 12:34 PM

I agree. David, where did this unimpressive punter nonsense get started among our reporters and radio hosts? Here are his punts from my earlier post on Plyler's article:

Murray State
28 yards, fair catch at Murray St 13
39 yards, returned for 2 to Murray St 43
36 yards, downed at Murray St 8

Savannah State
46 yards, fair catch at Savannah St 7

Wake Forest
38 yards, downed at Wake 5
39 yards, downed at Wake 5
41 yards, fair catch at Wake 14
50 yards, touch back

He has an average of 39.625 yards for his punts, which is fairly low, but you can't really punt any farther than that when you're putting them at the 5, 5, 7, 8, 13, and 14. He's got an average starting field position after punt at the 14 yard line. Take out the punt from their own 20 and the average is the 10 yard line. Only one of his punts near the end zone went for a touchback; the rest were stopped within the 20. You've got to give credit where it's due. He's not something our team needs to ignore.

Good, fair analysis. Underdogs, but I'd like to see...

Sep 21, 2012, 12:46 PM

1) Clemson play its A-game on O, D, & ST.
2) The offense break a TD and go up early to freak-out the formerly-invincible defense and quiet the crowd.
3) The D load the box to stop the run, bring multiple, disguised, varying blitzes to fluster Manuel and plant him early so that he starts to think too much.
4) Clemson break a big ST play, trick play, and/or a few turnovers.

Clemson is an underdog for good reasons but upsets happen. Ask Stanford & USC.

Go Tigers!

Agree 100%

Sep 21, 2012, 2:41 PM

This is what we need to happen to win. We've got to come out and want it more. That's something that talent can't make up for.

Sep 21, 2012, 12:52 PM

I don't like how espn always counts us out of everything... I know we have a past where we've messed up but we are a great team this year with some very dangerous players... We deserve way more credit then we are given , when we beat Fsu Saturday night they will still have bull crap to say but Clemsons coming to win as a huge fan I hope we win them all And make everyone that has doubted us so we can laugh in there face GO TIGERS I believe in you and always have...

CLEMSON 27, fsu 3

Sep 21, 2012, 2:18 PM

You can Print That, Tweet That!

Clemson 37 Criminoles 21

Sep 21, 2012, 2:38 PM

Our run game opens up the door for the passing game. We leave the talented Nole defense winded and dominated the end of the game.

Gooooooo Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING, MISTERS HOOD,

Sep 21, 2012, 3:15 PM

PLYLER AND PROPHET, Y'ALL FAIL. DON'T YOU COME 'ROUND HERE AFTER THE TIGERS SHOW EVERYBODY WHO'S BOSS IN THE ACC. DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT ACC STANDS FOR? ANOTHER CLEMSON CHAMPIONSHIP, THAT'S WHAT. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

THAT IS ALL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

FSU 38 CU 17***

Sep 21, 2012, 3:37 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

David, you are fired!***

Sep 21, 2012, 3:42 PM

Re: David, you are fired!***

Sep 21, 2012, 4:17 PM

Great comment. I agree. What a dumb ###!!!!!!!!

Sep 21, 2012, 4:04 PM

Poor business decision on your score bonehead. No one knows what the score will be. If Sammy Watkins scores on the first drive, You will be able to hear a pin drop in the stadium. And I predict that Watkins and Taj are going to put on an aerial show that will be shown over and over on ESPN for all you doubters.

^^^This^^^***

Sep 21, 2012, 4:08 PM

It's talent, not scheme or effort.

Sep 21, 2012, 5:33 PM

Our D-line is not made up of playmakers with tons of talent. No one on the line comands a double team against Furman! Makes it real easy to pick up a blitz.
This is why those recruits on the d-line are needed so bad.

Not "all in"! ;-)***

Sep 21, 2012, 5:38 PM

Sep 24, 2012, 2:29 PM

i think you guys kinda missed on special teams. if the def has not showed up by now, i doubt that they will. from off to def, clemson has to be the most unbalanced team in the country. i think the secondary is the weakest link.

go away shamecock***

Sep 24, 2012, 2:35 PM

the best thing about the game was....

Sep 24, 2012, 2:34 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/photo.do?album=5791562878308671425&photo=5791562884191281874

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic