Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Competition on the OL beginning to heat up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Competition on the OL beginning to heat up

Aug 10, 2012, 2:23 PM

Competition on the OL beginning to heat up

Chad Morris says Ryan Norton is scary, while Tyler Shatley bore the evidence of a physical practice on Thursday, and Morris says that the competition for spots on the offensive line is beginning to heat up. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Freeman's last comment...

Aug 10, 2012, 2:35 PM

"...when you have five seniors it's a little hard to teach everybody something new” is kind of what I've been expecting from season two of Caldwell and Morris' line, and why I'm encouraged that we'll be stronger up front this season than what we've seen for a while around here. The future bodes very well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, and that includes toughness as well

Aug 10, 2012, 2:49 PM

in spite of some clear execution errors, it appears Morris is pleased with the toughness of this group so far. Guessing right now the 7 who are pretty solid are Freeman, Thomas, Shatley, Davis, Norton, Gore and Anthony. I really like what I hear about Norton, and think Shatley will also bring that toughness. Have no problem moving Dalton outside as if Norton is one of those 5 best, put him on the field

I like what I see from battle as well

Aug 10, 2012, 2:58 PM

he's just very raw but quality snaps against Furman and Ball state should help him

Timothy is part of the 7 not Gore as he is behing Timothy***

Aug 10, 2012, 3:23 PM [ in reply to I agree, and that includes toughness as well ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope so, as that would mean he plays against Auburn

Aug 10, 2012, 3:27 PM

was speaking of those on the field today. The OL is not a place you sub a lot, so if we can get 7, hopefully 8, we can count on, and stay healthy, we'll be in good shape

Re: I hope so, as that would mean he plays against Auburn

Aug 10, 2012, 3:30 PM

Once gore gets things down mentally...I think youll see his stock sore...because hes already a physical tough player,but I dont think hes been at the OT spot even a year yet...not sure if he was moved in camp last year or during the season....Hes gonna be a good one here thats for sure

Im officially

Aug 10, 2012, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Freeman's last comment... ]

no longer concerned one bit about the OL...I believe we are going to open a lot of eyes with our OL and DTs nxt year...cb depth concernes me so does DE...I hope corey crawford gets his act together

Check out the Scouting Profile for Ryan Norton

Aug 10, 2012, 3:28 PM

This is one of his quotes:

“I like it when you can get down and dirty and bust somebody’s nose open,” Norton said. “I don’t like to just block a guy, I want to put him in the ground. I want to make it so he doesn’t want to get back up when he faces me.”

Re: Check out the Scouting Profile for Ryan Norton

Aug 10, 2012, 3:31 PM

heck yea...wheres that from?

Re: Check out the Scouting Profile for Ryan Norton

Aug 10, 2012, 3:32 PM

Under the "RECRUIT PROFILE" on the roster.

Ryan Norton- I remember several people here railing

Aug 10, 2012, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Check out the Scouting Profile for Ryan Norton ]

about him getting an offer. they said it was a waste of a scholie. wonder where they are hiding now? will they own up to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"wonder where they are hiding now?"

Aug 10, 2012, 3:39 PM

on FGF

Re: "wonder where they are hiding now?"

Aug 10, 2012, 3:41 PM

coots wouldve taken him all day but in typical coot fashion as soon as we get a kid they want...they all of a sudden claim they dont need or want him

Aug 10, 2012, 8:28 PM

it was pretty well known that we wanted norton. of all the young OL clemson has he is really the only one i would want. maybe thomas but not as a tackle. if yalls OL looked that good today i would worry about your DL. thats not just a rival flame either. if your DL isnt beating a below average OL then its going to be a long year on both lines of scrimmage.

Aug 10, 2012, 10:30 PM

Do what you do better than anything you ever do coot. S U C K it coot!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stars mean little, especially at OL

Aug 10, 2012, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Ryan Norton- I remember several people here railing ]

OL is about attitude and development. If the coaches like who they get, the rivals can take their ratings and go play with the SEC boys.

Re: Stars mean little, especially at OL

Aug 10, 2012, 4:01 PM

BUT, BUT, BUT, I sure would rather have 5 5* O/L recruits than 5 2* recruits....I understand that development is the most important thing with O/L but we will continue to be very bad on that as long as we have batson as our S & C guy!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At OL I think you can throw stars out the window

Aug 10, 2012, 4:11 PM

The measurables that recruiting sites use are more accurate for skill players than for offensive linemen. 4 and 5 star busts are far more common at OL than probably any other position. One of our best lineman last year was a freaking walk-on! I won't mention names, but he was better than almost every 4 star OL we've signed in the past 5-6 years.

Stars mean little if nothing on the O-Line

Aug 10, 2012, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Stars mean little, especially at OL ]

I was raised a Purdue football fan, and Purdue put together some solid offensive lines. There best 2 linemen, where Matt Light (Tom Brady's left tackle for the last 10 years) who started as a tight end, and Nick Hardwick, who was a walk on, who was a wrestler and not a football player in high school. When they lined up a destroyed the D-Linemen, they didn't have to tell them how many stars they had.

Re: Ryan Norton- I remember several people here railing

Aug 10, 2012, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Ryan Norton- I remember several people here railing ]

Know IT ALLs never own up to their know it all wrongs. They are full of more B/S than any other posters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have thought background be greener / warmer in picture***

Aug 10, 2012, 3:05 PM

?

Aug 10, 2012, 3:47 PM

wth

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picture of Caldwell and OL is clearly from spring ball.

Aug 10, 2012, 7:57 PM

Grass looks like it had a hard winter and trees in background are still bare.

With the rain the last few weeks in Clemson everything is green, green, green.

I think that is the poster's point.

And as it should....the talent is there. What we lack is

Aug 10, 2012, 4:02 PM

experience and 2 more guys....glad to see Caldwell has these guys playing with fire in their belly again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I had fire in my belly, but it was from Moe's***

Aug 10, 2012, 4:06 PM

Do other football programs have people scouting these...

Aug 10, 2012, 4:15 PM

articles? It seems to mee that it would be an advantage to an opponent of ours. I mean letting them know that Joe Gore at right tackle is having a hard time with learning the position does bode well.

I was thinking the same...

Aug 10, 2012, 6:19 PM

But I'm sure the info is out there. I'm too lazy to check, so don't quote me on this, but I'd bet if we searched we could find similar info on other major college football programs.

I don't think it really matters

Aug 10, 2012, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Do other football programs have people scouting these... ]

if he's gonna get beat, he's gonna get beat. knowing whether or not gore is struggling doesn't make a difference on what the other team does.

they know we lack experience, so they're gonna do what they're gonna do. it's up to our guys to just step up, do their jobs, and be physical.

If these linemen will lineup and just hit someone in......

Aug 10, 2012, 9:22 PM

the mouth it will allow for a larger margin of error technique wise.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic