Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Talented receiving group expects to stand tall in Watkins' absence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,498

Front Page Story: Talented receiving group expects to stand tall in Watkins' absence

Aug 7, 2012, 12:51 PM

Talented receiving group expects to stand tall in Watkins' absence

Rumors of the demise of the Clemson offense in the wake of the Sammy Watkins suspension have been greatly exaggerated. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reporter asked Nuke if he felt overlooked

Aug 7, 2012, 1:02 PM

Is he stupid or what. Did he miss all last season?

A leading question that Nuk handled well ...

Aug 7, 2012, 3:28 PM

Reporter was alluding to the fact that Hopkins had 1,000 yards receiving and still, most of the press went to Sammy.

A less humble and mature player than Nuk might have taken the opportunity to whine a bit.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean they didn't give up like TNet has? Pumpers.***

Aug 7, 2012, 1:05 PM

If you are Tajh Boyd, you have to be feeling pretty good

Aug 7, 2012, 1:37 PM

about your available options. Given if he has time to throw...that will be the key!!!

Re: If you are Tajh Boyd, you have to be feeling pretty good

Aug 7, 2012, 2:18 PM

ESPN ALL BUT SAID WE WERE DONE AGAINST AUBURN BECAUSE OF SAMMY....THINK THEY'RE IN FOR A RUDE AWAKENING...........GO TIGERS!!!

Offense didn't cost us any games last year and

Aug 7, 2012, 3:30 PM

probably won't cost us any games this year.

We simply must play better and more consistently on the other side of the ball ... the side that doesn't benefit from Sammy's presence or suffer from his absence.

Re: Offense didn't cost us any games last year and

Aug 7, 2012, 5:56 PM

This may not be relevant, but I thought our offense lost the game at Georgia Tech last year. Bellamy and Howard had big fumbles and Boyd threw an interception in the end zone. Georgia Tech blitzed the whole game and Boyd did not respond well, or Coach Morris did not make the right adjustments to slow the blitz. I wish the coaching staff would review the tape of that game over and over to learn how tom deal with the blitz. Carolina will be blitzing a lot this year under Ward, so we need plays to counteract this strategy.

Aug 7, 2012, 7:17 PM

The offense definitely dropped off last year when Sammy wasn't on the field (NC State & SCAR). Anyone who says it won't make a difference is crazy, let's just hope it doesn't make THE difference.

Even without Sammy I'd take this WR corps over most. However, having an ELITE WR corps can make up for the poor OL and Defensive play. Let's hope those 2 groups are ready to play and we will be FINE. GO TIGERS!!!

Aug 8, 2012, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Offense didn't cost us any games last year and ]

I agree that offensive screw-ups didn't help us against Ga Tech and of course, we are a less potent offensive force when Sammy is not on the field, but ultimately, our defense was simply incapable of slowing down the Tech offense and looked anemic against NCSU and SCAR.

We need to be able to control the other team's offense so our offensive guys don't have to play perfectly and feel the need to score a TD every time they touch the ball.

IMHO, feeling pressure to score everytime causes us to take chances that we might otherwise not take, resulting in wasted plays and turnovers.

Re: Front Page Story: Talented receiving group expects to stand tall in Watkins' absence

Aug 7, 2012, 2:14 PM

The difference between the ACC and the SEC: Georgia had a player, Branden Smith, who was arrested on a marijuana possession charge. Mark Richt did not penalize him at all. Sammy Watkins got a 2-game suspension from Dabo Swinney. I'm proud to be a Clemson fan.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Talented receiving group expects to stand tall in Watkins' absence

Aug 7, 2012, 2:17 PM

the problem is there are to many that think we should adopt the SEC model.....

Aug 7, 2012, 2:16 PM

should be required reading for Clemsonsportsjunkie.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,498
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic