Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Watkins Suspended for First Two Games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Watkins Suspended for First Two Games

Aug 3, 2012, 7:34 PM

Watkins Suspended for First Two Games

Clemson sophomore receiver Sammy Watkins has been suspended for the first two games of the 2012 season by Head Coach Dabo Swinney. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First class, Dabo and Sammy!***

Aug 3, 2012, 7:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Watkins Suspended for First Two Games

Aug 3, 2012, 7:37 PM

More info:

http://carolinasportsthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/08/sammy-watkins-officially-suspended.html

Aug 3, 2012, 7:37 PM

Respect to Dabo for doing the right thing and respect to Sammy for stepping up, being a man and accepting his punishment.

i wish dabo would have waited till..

Aug 3, 2012, 7:40 PM

a few days before the game to announce.no need to tip our hand this early

I'm proud to be a tiger today. And it is better to come out

Aug 3, 2012, 7:46 PM

with it now. Doing right before the first game makes it even more of a distraction. Now we can just focus on football.

He made a commitment to resolve this issue when...

Aug 3, 2012, 7:50 PM [ in reply to i wish dabo would have waited till.. ]

the team got back together. I believe he needed to wait until the legal stuff was finished. Anyway, he is a man of his word. What more could we ask for or what less do we deserve? After all, we alone, are Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i wish dabo would have waited till..

Aug 3, 2012, 7:50 PM [ in reply to i wish dabo would have waited till.. ]

At least the focus goes back to the game instead of what will happen to Sammy. I think this is a much better move.

Now his backup knows what is expected of him instead of just wondering where he stands.

Agree***

Aug 3, 2012, 7:45 PM

Aug 3, 2012, 7:49 PM

I know a lot of people were hoping for less than that, but it is just and I stand behind our coach. Sammy will learn from this and I would not want to be on Furman's team come Sept. 15th. GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody please go tell Bart Wright to ...

Aug 3, 2012, 7:52 PM

... go "do something to" himself now. "Do Something to" is a four letter word that rhymes with an aquatic, avian animal for those that aren't following along.

Sorry, Crump & Bmeist if that was too leading, I try to keep to the rules, but that guys article earlier this week or last week or whenever it was kind of got under my skin.

I heard Bart is just mad because Sandusky took all the boys***

Aug 4, 2012, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The important fact is that Coach Swinney did not commit

Aug 3, 2012, 7:54 PM

the offense...a team member did. Fortunately, Sammy has admitted his errors and has worked diligently not only to tread the correct path but to assure the staff that the problems will not recur. Coaching staffs across this country are going to have to toughen up enforcement of discipline, while the school administrations are going to have to demand integrity and strict adherance to NCAA rules and regulations from their coaching staffs. Then the NCAA must cease the wrist-slapping of the offending schools and staffs. Simply put, the infractions will only worsen unless the entire chain of command has the guts to put teeth into enforcement. Therefore, I fully support Coach Swinney's decision and trust that Sammy and the entire team have learned a valuable lesson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope we sure are NOT SCar! SamWow for Heisman!***

Aug 3, 2012, 8:42 PM

Next year?***

Aug 3, 2012, 8:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As an Alum....Good call for CU! ...as a fan......Booooo!

Aug 3, 2012, 10:15 PM

I know that you can't have it both ways. I just gained more respect for Dabo....tough call. The selfish Tiger fan in me hoped that it would only be a "half game". Now lets watch Nuk, MB and the rest of the gang shred that Auburn secondary!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Aug 3, 2012, 10:27 PM

I didn't expect anything much different from Dabo, who is a real coach on the field and off the field, and I didn't expect anything different in the way of accepting his punishment from Sammy Watkins. He is a class act player, but he also is a very young guy who will make mistakes from time to time. He has learned a valuable lesson that will serve him well the rest of his life, and the team has learned that nobody is bigger than this team. All will be better for the lesson learned. Very proud to be a Clemson Tiger right now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic