Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Fuller ready to announce
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Fuller ready to announce

Jul 27, 2012, 10:48 AM

Fuller ready to announce

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guys.... call me negative... but I got a bad feeling.

Jul 27, 2012, 10:50 AM

Granted I always would rather be surprised than disappointed.

Fine, Negative

Jul 27, 2012, 10:51 AM

You just be that way

Clemson

touche

Jul 27, 2012, 10:52 AM

lol

The fact that the announcement is being delivered by a VT

Jul 27, 2012, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Guys.... call me negative... but I got a bad feeling. ]

website makes me inclined to beleive it will be the Hokies too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Someone has to hear about it first

Jul 27, 2012, 11:00 AM

And they probably have been talking to him more regularly. Keep an open mind

Clemson

No, he announced it on his tweeter... the hokies site...

Jul 27, 2012, 11:08 AM [ in reply to The fact that the announcement is being delivered by a VT ]

posted the news after it was public knowledge, they didn't break the story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

oooooooohhhhh

Jul 27, 2012, 10:51 AM

ihopeit'sus, ihopeit'sus, oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Clemson

Just saying...

Jul 27, 2012, 10:57 AM

and I'm not saying Clemson won't get Fuller,but..
if he commits to Va tech, do we step it up w/ Mackensie
Alexander? What about Carter?

Announcing early makes it "feel" like it would be

Jul 27, 2012, 11:01 AM

VT. If I'm in his shoes, then I put the decision to go against my family off for awhile.

But who knows. We have done absolutely everything possible in this situation. I think he wants to come to Clemson.

Things to think about with this......

Jul 27, 2012, 11:01 AM

1. Its from a Hokies twitter page so that may be a strike against Clemson. On the other hand he is the top prospect they are recruiting this year so of course they want to report everything about it.

2. The last school Fuller visited was CLEMSON not VT. We are the freshest on his mind. Interesting thing is he has not been back to VT that we know of. This factor could be huge for Clemson.

3. His decision will probably affect whether Carter gets an offer or not. If Fuller goes to VT I think Carter will get an offer.

Re: Things to think about with this......

Jul 27, 2012, 2:45 PM

i agree. all his family wants him to go to VT. i understand that. but i think he really wants to get away from there and come here. his mom said she dont care where he goes but she would rather him go to VT. and she would be happy for him either way. you know a mother that has all of her sons going to play college football and possibly NFL is one very happy mom.

he knows we a better team and more friendly. we are family down here. i really do believe he will come to Clemson.

Fuller insists....

Jul 27, 2012, 11:02 AM

he does not feel any pressure and that the family connection to Virginia Tech won't necessarily play a role in his decision. A couple of his direct quotes are;

"You've got to choose a school based on how you're going to do and how you're going to fit in there."

"It's not about your family or anything else."

I'd love to have him but the Virginia Tech influence in his family may be too much to overcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If there's such thing as a slam dunk recruit, he's it for VT

Jul 27, 2012, 11:07 AM

at least you would think...

It speaks so highly of Clemson University and our staff that we have a 50/50 chance essentially with this guy.

I truly believe he wants Clemson.

Alot of people felt that way bout Tony Steward and FSU too

Jul 27, 2012, 11:10 AM

and we all know how that turned out ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he wants Clemson but family wants VT.........

Jul 27, 2012, 11:14 AM [ in reply to If there's such thing as a slam dunk recruit, he's it for VT ]

Hopefully he will be his own man and make the best decision for him.

His mother has made it abundantly clear....

Jul 27, 2012, 11:18 AM

that she wants him to play at Virginia Tech. Of course, Steward's mom really pressured him to attend FSU and thankfully he went with his heart and chose Clemson.

Re: His mother has made it abundantly clear....

Jul 27, 2012, 3:45 PM

Steward showed that he is a Man of his own and chose what he wanted. Now will Fuller be a man and do the same. Maybe VT is what he wants deep down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I feel like there's a lot tugging him towards VT, but

Jul 27, 2012, 12:51 PM [ in reply to If there's such thing as a slam dunk recruit, he's it for VT ]

something about him really likes Clemson a lot, too. I don't guess he's torn about it anymore if he's ready to commit. I guess I'd call it a 50/50 battle.

Re: Recruit Update: Fuller ready to announce

Jul 27, 2012, 11:17 AM

Three things:

1- This guy wants to come to Clemson. Because he knows he can be part of something special.

2- He wants to play for the team he has pulled for his entire life and play with family. (What could be more special than that family tradition?)

3- He does not want to disappoint family. Even if he says they have no pressure on him, he knows they would be disappointed if he chooses CU over VT.

So, does he have a backbone of steel and go against his family and come to Clemson. Or does he cave into his own pressure and go to VT. Either way this kid truly has a tough decision and he is going to be a part of something special at either school. I just hope that it is Clemson! GO TIGERS!

Any coincidence that he makes his announcement so soon

Jul 27, 2012, 11:20 AM

after Hargreaves announced for FL. Maybe he's coming to us to play with his H.S. teammate.

Yep, I was wondering with Hargreaves outta the picture***

Jul 27, 2012, 11:25 AM

That's what I'm thinking***

Jul 27, 2012, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Any coincidence that he makes his announcement so soon ]

Jul 27, 2012, 11:20 AM

Call me crazy but the day after hargreaves commits to uf, fuller decides to pull the trigger...

Sounds to me like he's heading our way. For instance, alvin kamara becomes uninterested the day tyshon dye commits. Hargreaves out of the picture and fuller prob feels more secure ab a clemson commitment now.

GO TIGERS

I may be ignorant,...

Jul 27, 2012, 12:18 PM

...but did it have to be one or the other (Fuller OR Hargreaves). I guess I just don't understand how Hargreaves' decision should affect Fuller. Competition maybe?? I had hoped we'd land both. We can always use good DBs. With only Fuller left of the two, I really hope he comes to the light and chooses Clemson. Either way, though, from Fuller's perspective, I don't think there is a bad decision that he can make.

They say defense wins championships, but I'd really like to see one or two good o-linemen at this point and another good DT (eh hmmm, Adams) if we can fit all of them. If not, the coaches know what they're doing.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Come on Fuller follow your heart not your family!

Jul 27, 2012, 11:28 AM

Besides neither of his brothers will be there when he enrolls anyway. They'll be in the NFL and we'll be curb stomping VT in the Valley this year. That should way in on his thoughts

Jul 27, 2012, 11:39 AM

Could he be announcing Sunday because Clemson class is filling up and if you want to get in sooner is better than later. I don't think VT is as tight on their numbers but not positive.

Jul 27, 2012, 11:59 AM

The fact that Corey graduates after the upcoming season and Kyle likely enters the Draft early as a highly regarded CB diminishes the "family" factor that VT fans and recruiting analysts have been harping on for months. Yes, he has strong ties to Blacksburg and the university, but he won't ever get the opportunity to actually hit the field with one of his brothers.

His Mom fell in love with Dabo & staff, his closest friend's already on board, and Ken recognizes that Clemson's on the verge of utterly dominanting the ACC. This defense is going to be very special for the next 3-4 years and beyond, and I believe he wants to be a part of it.

Paint him Orange and Purple.

Ditto***

Jul 27, 2012, 12:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Jul 27, 2012, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Fuller ready to announce ]

I do not think that Clemson is on the verge of dominating the ACC .... the reasons let me count them FSU, VaTech, NCState, and did I mention GaTech?
I think we are positioned to compete for the division title every year but I doubt that we will get to the ACC title game every year. FSU has lot of talent, and we are not able to consistently beat GaTech, i am nervous about going to Wake this year and you are talking about dominating! :) We could not even dominate Maryland last year and they only won 2 games.

Jul 29, 2012, 12:00 AM

FSU hasn't beat Clemson in Death Valley since like '01.

We curb stomped VaTech twice last year and we're recruiting much better then they are. Not to mention we play them twice like every decade.

NCState seems to be on the rise but prior to last year we had beat them like 7 years in a row.

You do have a point with GaTech though.

Come to Clemson Kendall !!***

Jul 27, 2012, 12:49 PM

Agree. Come to Clemson - be part of lights-out DEFENSE!***

Jul 27, 2012, 2:04 PM

Have a bad feeling But...................

Jul 27, 2012, 2:03 PM

he might realize we are filling up and wants to get on board before it is too late

Also find it interesting so close after the VH3 announcement***

Jul 27, 2012, 2:04 PM

Re: Also find it interesting so close after the VH3 announcement***

Jul 27, 2012, 3:26 PM

I feel good about Kendal. Dont know if anyone follows him and Hargreaves III on twitter but I would swear they were going to play in college together if Hargreaves did not just commit to Florida. They make comments to each other that make it seem that way. I think Fullers trip to Clemson sealed the deal. He can go to VT where he will most likely have no family. Or come to Clemson and play with his best friend for at least 3 years.

Lets Get It

Re: Also find it interesting so close after the VH3 announcement***

Jul 28, 2012, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Also find it interesting so close after the VH3 announcement*** ]

I think its primarily due to the fact that football camp is just about to start for players. Many have stated they wanted to make a decision prior to their senior season.

He won't be making a wise choice.

Jul 27, 2012, 3:48 PM

Nothing to see here.

can we get mrs. pagano to talk to mrs. fuller?

Jul 27, 2012, 3:49 PM

we'll have our db in dv in no time!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be surprised if he went to Clemson, but stranger...

Jul 28, 2012, 6:35 PM

Stranger things have happened. Legacies are hard to recruit against.

Still, it would be nice to stick it to VT again.

38-10 .......just sayin....

Jul 29, 2012, 11:31 AM

maybe he should switch to WV***

Jul 29, 2012, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic