Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: HS coach says Pagano has "grown-man'' size and a mean streak
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: HS coach says Pagano has "grown-man'' size and a mean streak

Jul 25, 2012, 2:44 PM

HS coach says Pagano has "grown-man'' size and a mean streak

Arnold Martinez, the head coach at Honolulu (HI) Moanalua High School, called the Tigers' newest commit a “gym rat” and said that his work ethic has allowed him to have the kind of strength and athletic ability not normally seen on high school football fields. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am going to go out on a limb

Jul 25, 2012, 2:48 PM

He plays as a true freshman at Clemson.

Re: I am going to go out on a limb

Jul 25, 2012, 3:34 PM

Agree. Great clips about his junior year...only stronger and faster this year. His pursuit speed in unreal for a bigger guy. And, unlike other schools in US mainland. the Hawaiian islands have a lot of strength on those high school lines...yet this doesn't seem to slow him down. Get get Tigers!

Oops...Great get Tigers...well it is 3:35 AM here in China

Jul 25, 2012, 3:36 PM

nm

Tnet - what a great way to stay connected !***

Jul 25, 2012, 8:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS GUY WIL BEAT BAMAS DL MAN THAT BENCED 600 LBS

Jul 26, 2012, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I am going to go out on a limb ]

MAN CHILD SOB!!!!!!!! The poor Varsity O lineman in HS facing this guy every friday night LOL

Re: THIS GUY WIL BEAT BAMAS DL MAN THAT BENCED 600 LBS

Aug 1, 2012, 8:51 AM

I absolutely agree, he's a BEAST.

Also bench numbers are always overrated. To really find out someone's total strength need to have outstanding bench, squat and deadlift numbers.

I'm a powerlifter so bench IMO is always overrated.

Re: I am going to go out on a limb

Jul 26, 2012, 2:18 AM [ in reply to I am going to go out on a limb ]

I agree. His coach says he's a gym rat, so he should love our facilities. Looking forward to seeing him play.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: HS coach says Pagano has "grown-man'' size and a mean streak

Jul 25, 2012, 2:53 PM

That's what I'm talking about.

Re: Front Page Story: HS coach says Pagano has "grown-man'' size and a mean streak

Jul 25, 2012, 2:57 PM

Maybe another Michael Dean Perry...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2012, 3:12 PM

Or at least an equal to a Michael Dean Perry. But no matter how you refine it. I'm thinking he will be a brought up for many years to come. But with all the hype that comes along with him. Why only:) a 4*****.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2012, 8:31 PM

Speculation on my part, but I doubt Hawaii gets as much attention as the 48 contiguous states. I see this young man as a very needed asset and quite a great addition to our program. His film shows a guy with an obsession to get to the ball and to make plays. Kudos to our staff for showing him our program and our University. The future is very bright, IMO.

More and more excited about this guy...

Jul 25, 2012, 3:14 PM

He seems like a true stud and just what we need in the middle. He may be underrated just becasue he is from Hawaii and hasn't gotten as much exposure as someone from the Southeast but I think he is going to come in and make a huge name for himself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2012, 3:15 PM

that's what she said!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy just looks ands sounds like a badass.***

Jul 25, 2012, 3:18 PM

Re: This guy just looks ands sounds like a badass.***

Jul 25, 2012, 3:28 PM

I don't see a lot of backs running to the side He and RN are standing on!

Re: This guy just looks ands sounds like a badass.***

Jul 25, 2012, 3:32 PM

Looks like a player from Steel Town USA only from Hawaii!

Jul 25, 2012, 3:31 PM

I'm excited about how well the OL should develop by going against guys like this in practice.

Jul 25, 2012, 4:15 PM

When we were in Hawaii a couple years ago, on the island tour we went by this HS. The guide said that school had won the state championship 5 years in a row. All the polynesian players in the NFL were out of this school, and the previous year every senior got a scholarship for football.

Jul 25, 2012, 6:52 PM

The Wiki on Moanalua mentions zero football championships for this high school. They do have state championships in their history in basketball, bowling, competitive chearleading, girls??? wrestling, etc.

The idea that every senior of a team gets a a football scholarship............. unlikely.

All senior starters getting scholarship offers to D1, D2 and NAIA schools...... maybe... Grayson will probably be close to hitting that target this upcoming year.

Jul 25, 2012, 7:15 PM

Hawaii HS football must be really loaded. Only mention of Scott on the football section of his HS web site is that he was one of six players on that team to be honorable mention for the all state team. http://www.moanaluaathletics.com/fall%20sports%20results%202011-12.htm

There was a piece on him last night on the Local HI News

Jul 25, 2012, 8:29 PM

He is definitely big time here. I don't care what the website says. I can't tell you that they haven't won the state title 5 years straight. And, they usually have 1 to 2 D1 prospects a year. Most go to UH, and if the are good enough, they go to USC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like how we can get a recruit from so far away

Jul 25, 2012, 8:42 PM

we get people from China and HI commenting on Tnet

Re: I like how we can get a recruit from so far away

Jul 26, 2012, 5:18 PM

I like the "Defend Hawaii" shirt. Assault rifles are so politically incorrect.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic