Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Swofford says historic meeting with Clemson BOT was an "educational opportunity"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Swofford says historic meeting with Clemson BOT was an "educational opportunity"

Jul 22, 2012, 2:53 PM

Swofford says historic meeting with Clemson BOT was an "educational opportunity"

ACC Commissioner John Swofford said Sunday that his recent meeting with Clemson's entire Board of Trustees was a first for him during his tenure as commissioner, and that he fielded questions for two hours. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Swofford says historic meeting with Clemson BOT was an "educational opportunity"

Jul 22, 2012, 2:55 PM

hopefully that means he got "schooled"

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Swofford says historic meeting with Clemson BOT was an "educational opportunity"

Jul 22, 2012, 3:06 PM

He was grilled for two hour. I don't understand why the ACC doesn't give copies of the TV contract to all the schools.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's translate this article . . .

Jul 22, 2012, 2:59 PM

Barker gave the BOT the Swoffie-Aid and they drank it to the dregs!

That ignores the fact that Swaffie was summoned and...

Jul 22, 2012, 3:07 PM

complied. It also ignore that he was questioned for two hours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2012, 2:59 PM

So what is up ... something is up !

Humm Loveafest with ACC ?

This never would of happened if everything was peachy ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. This dude is full of crap. It ain't all rainbows

Jul 23, 2012, 11:23 AM

and butterflies. There's a reason you've never had to do something like this in your 15 years, you idiot. I hope we gave him some lube before we threatened him with leaving.

Swoffie's experienced.***

Jul 23, 2012, 6:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a nice change of pace to have the conversation

Jul 22, 2012, 3:03 PM

Clemson-centric at the moment. We all know words mean nothing in these sorts of things, but I think Clemson was just asserting itself as a prominent member of the league in terms of revenue and football.

Re: It is a nice change of pace to have the conversation

Jul 22, 2012, 3:20 PM

I hope that some where in this meeting it was brought up how absolutely wrong it was to equally share bowl winnings with the schools that has no intentions to ever field a team that could possibly play in a BCS bowl and a BCS NC game. Sharing of that money with those schools puts the schools that do put forth the money it takes to be a championship contender at a financial disadvantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You said it! That part of the contract kills me....

Jul 22, 2012, 4:15 PM

While other schools should get some $$$, I believe, at minimum, the schools that go to bowl games should get their own money. I know that is asking too much (or is it???).

Second option (which is a WAY better option than what we have now): Reward the schools based off ACC finish with the the schools finishing at the top getting a higher percentage of total pot, instead equal share.

1/5th - 1st place Team (Clemson, same thing...)
1/8th
1/9th
1/10th
1/11th
1/12th
1/13th
1/14th
1/15th
1/16th
1/17th
1/20th - Last place team (or, Duke...same thing)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You said it! That part of the contract kills me....

Jul 22, 2012, 4:40 PM

i hope you figured out the math on that

:)

I figure it might be touch off....

Jul 22, 2012, 4:51 PM

If there is an overage, give it us. I've I over shot it, take it away from Duke & BC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. I like your second option. Give them incentive.***

Jul 23, 2012, 11:25 AM [ in reply to You said it! That part of the contract kills me.... ]

Re: You said it! That part of the contract kills me....

Jul 23, 2012, 5:23 PM [ in reply to You said it! That part of the contract kills me.... ]

But then you have to do the same thing with Basketball, and then the order would be nearly reversed.

There is only one school, Duke, that has no chance to play

Jul 22, 2012, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: It is a nice change of pace to have the conversation ]

in BCS bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swoffie is confident about holding on to Clemson because

Jul 22, 2012, 3:08 PM

it's unlikely Clemson would ever leave to join a Big 12 halfway across the country. The only way he would lose Clemson is if the SEC came calling. And the liklihood of a SEC invite is practically zero. Consequently, he is holding on to clemson tightly, by the cojones.

Jul 22, 2012, 3:22 PM

I hope he was bent over for the entire 2 hours.

It's that you Sandusky?***

Jul 22, 2012, 4:11 PM

What amazes me most......

Jul 22, 2012, 4:00 PM

is the fact this is historical. Why isn't this a common practice? Shouldn't Swofford visit all ACC schools on a regular basis?

I wonder if anyone invited him to the cook out?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thinking the same thing

Jul 22, 2012, 4:23 PM

How many trips to UNC do you think he's taken over the years (even if it wasn't to meet their BOT...something he said he's never done).

Good on Barker, Terry Don & the BOT to get him here.

Maybe we can get Ron Cherry, the AJC and Korncoot in next so we can give them the Biddness too!!!

I think he does meet with Presidents and ADs on a regular

Jul 22, 2012, 5:06 PM [ in reply to What amazes me most...... ]

just not BOTs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2012, 4:31 PM

Did the meeting go like this?

Jul 22, 2012, 4:38 PM

lmao

Jul 22, 2012, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swofford says historic meeting with Clemson BOT was an "educational opportunity" ]

please warn me next time.

i need to have a clear path to go and puke

^^^Comfortable with googling 'Male underwear parties' ^^^***

Jul 22, 2012, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Swofford says historic meeting with Clemson BOT was an "educational opportunity" ]

Clemson

I thought it was

Jul 22, 2012, 6:18 PM

an Ambercrombie and Fitch ad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With a search like that, I would imagine he will be overrun

Jul 22, 2012, 6:19 PM [ in reply to ^^^Comfortable with googling 'Male underwear parties' ^^^*** ]

with SCAR banner ads from here on out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still say, no matter the public statements, this is good

Jul 22, 2012, 6:05 PM

for Clemson. Just the fact that there was such a meeting speaks volumes, and Swofford came away with a clear understanding that Clemson is serious about football and expects the ACC to be also; and the BOT is educating themselves in case they need to make a decision. I think signals were sent, and signals were received. And I have never been in the leave-ACC camp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, Don't want him to see it coming***

Jul 22, 2012, 6:07 PM

nm

Fire Leggett!***

Jul 22, 2012, 7:32 PM

Re: Fire Leggett!***

Jul 22, 2012, 7:36 PM

And this has what to do with Swofford's meeting with the BoT? What an ####.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"educational opportunity" pompous arrogant AND condescending

Jul 22, 2012, 8:19 PM

You get sommoned to account for your failings and shortcomings; and your response is that the BOT needed an "education". Listen swoffie, THE Clemson Board does not need an education. Your failings are obvious to EVERyONE. While I did not want to leave the ACC we all want to leave you. Take your tv contract, mandatory 9 conference games, Syracuse, and your sorted UNC past and save us the trouble of a no confidence vote and step down NOW!

63-17

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic