Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Venables thinks pieces are in place for a championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Venables thinks pieces are in place for a championship

Jul 18, 2012, 12:15 PM

Venables thinks pieces are in place for a championship

New defensive coordinator Brent Venables said Tuesday that he would never have taken the job at Clemson if he didn't think he could win a championship. He also said he believes a lot of the pieces are already in place. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His expectations are very high, and he believes they can be

Jul 18, 2012, 12:28 PM

met at Clemson. He's a guy with a proven track record, and when he feels so strongly that we can win a National Championship at Clemson, and have a top five program, well, it makes me want to believe it too. Are we truly on the cusp of "Glory Days" once again at Clemson?

Football can't get here fast enough at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I like that scowl on his face...I hope he puts some attitude

Jul 18, 2012, 12:36 PM

into our defense!!

That the look I lived with once a month for 30 years.

Jul 18, 2012, 2:04 PM

I was terrorized.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had that same face this morning in the bathroom

Jul 18, 2012, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I like that scowl on his face...I hope he puts some attitude ]

Sorry couldn't resist!

Re: I like that scowl on his face...I hope he puts some attitude

Jul 18, 2012, 7:00 PM [ in reply to I like that scowl on his face...I hope he puts some attitude ]

He is definitely one intense dude!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Lord, he got me hyped up and I'm just sitting at a desk

Jul 18, 2012, 12:43 PM

I can't wait to see what he brings to this team on the field.

Looks like a great hire so far

Jul 18, 2012, 1:18 PM

A lot of people are starting to believe. I am one of them. We've got more talent than almost our entire league every year. All we have to do is play consistently and fundamentally, and only VT or FSU can even challenge us.

We have more talent than VT, but they are similar to a Bill Snyder coached program. Most players exceed their expectations through fundamentals and consistency. FSU brings in more talent, but they are not well coached. If BV brings those basic qualities to our defense, we are national championships contenders. Let's do our business in the ACC first.

Look at how most defenses in the ACC can snuff out GT at this point yet Clemson was always a mess - sign to how poorly coached and disciplined we were.

Re: Looks like a great hire so far

Jul 18, 2012, 7:02 PM

You can hardly claim anyone was snuffing out the team that had the number 3 rushing offense in the country and a winning record. Some may have found ways to win but I don't remember anyone snuffing out their offense or even close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Venables thinks pieces are in place for a championship

Jul 18, 2012, 1:23 PM

LOVE IT!!!!

I'm sitting in my office and I'm ready to run through a friggin brick wall I'm so pumped. Can't want to see what he can do with the talent he has inherited. He talks the talk now lets see if his defense walks the walk.

Better hope the pieces are in place to avoid 70 points being

Jul 18, 2012, 1:56 PM

hung on our #####

I can tell you that

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this year.

null

Venables says no excuse for failure - I agree***

Jul 18, 2012, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lateek Townsend

Jul 18, 2012, 2:36 PM

This part of the interview was encouraging. We needed a head hunter and someone who will deliver the blow with authority. Can't wait to see #20 wreaking havoc in the backfield!

Re: Lateek Townsend

Jul 18, 2012, 2:51 PM

As someone who traveled to Miami in 1982 AND 2012 to the Orange Bowl, I'm really encouraged by BV's comments. Spot the ball!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is awesome! I think this defense will go to

Jul 18, 2012, 4:35 PM

war for him!

THIS.......IS.........CLEMSON!!!!!

Re: Front Page Story: Venables thinks pieces are in place for a championship

Jul 18, 2012, 6:54 PM

He says he doesn't want to just run players in and out of the game for the sake of having fresh players.......I understand that.....But wouldn't we like to have depth like we did in the days of old? You had no drop off from the ones to the twos and very little drop off from the ones to the threes. We always kept fresh legs in and wore people out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Pretty transparent that he isn't saying he won't...

Jul 18, 2012, 7:10 PM

...run guys on and off, he states we have a depth issue so he won't do it for the sake of just subbing.

Pretty clear he's putting pressure on the 2nd/3rd string to step up so he CAN sub guys.

Quite sure he'd like to have depth too, lol.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

He talks about "play makers"...we have several on D

Jul 18, 2012, 9:55 PM

Bashaud Breeland. Travis Planks. Stephone Anthony. I think the defense is going to surprise a lot of people

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic