Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Q&A with Mr. College Football - Part I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Q&A with Mr. College Football - Part I

Jul 6, 2012, 3:33 PM

Q&A with Mr. College Football - Part I

Part one of TigerNet's interview with Tony Barnhart of the Atlanta Journal Constitution on everything from the new playoff in college football to the ACC/Orange Bowl Alliance to conference realignment to Clemson’s scheduling. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Q&A with Mr. College Football - Part I

Jul 6, 2012, 5:22 PM

Love TB's final comments about Dabo - right in line with my perception.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Front Page Story: Q&A with Mr. College Football - Part I

Jul 7, 2012, 10:09 AM

I whole heartedly believe that Dabo IS the right coach for and at Clemson. Name one coach that has coached at Clemson that has done a better job in such a short time. The answer is there hasn't been one to compare with Dabo. Name one coach in the past 20 plus years at Clemson that would replace a coach as fast as Dabo. None of those either. Within the next Three years, Dabo will have Clemson either in a play off spot, or standing right there breathing down the neck of those four teams. IMPO, Dabo is the right coach to move Clemson forward to one of the top Five spots in the country. I do believe that Dabo is the right man for the job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overall good questions & reasonable responses from

Jul 6, 2012, 6:02 PM

Barnhart.Did NOT the question about "hot seat" but I DID like Tony's evaluation of Dabo & what he is building.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the ppl that don't care about other ACC teams results

Jul 6, 2012, 7:30 PM

won't like this guy. of course they also don't understand that a stronger conference will bring in more money. Just as long as Clemson is still on top of course.

Boring PC answers***

Jul 6, 2012, 9:19 PM

Agree. Very disappointing. Hope Part II is better.***

Jul 7, 2012, 6:41 PM

How does this hillbilly have a job?***

Jul 6, 2012, 10:35 PM

Screw that Leghumper

Jul 6, 2012, 10:37 PM

homer. Mr college football my a@@

+1. Phony Blowhard and his "SEC,SEC,SEC,...."; his bias

Jul 7, 2012, 10:27 AM

would really be evident if GA were able to run their soft schedule this year. Meanwhile, he's satisfied clinging onto Bama and LSU's tail for a sniff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Dabo building a program in some way that Bowden wasn't?

Jul 7, 2012, 12:04 AM

Maybe I'm making an incorrect inference, but Barnhart's wording seems to imply that Dabo is building a program, unlike other coaches (presumably Tommy Bowden, et al). Is Dabo doing anything new to build a program?

Barnhart says:
1) He is bringing in very good players. But so did Tommy Bowden, right? JD, CJ, Sapp, Bowers, et al.
2) He is building the infrastructure and support to make this a good program for a long time. Not only on the football side, but in academics and with the faculty. But so did Tommy Bowden, right? Tommy did a lot more than Dabo to drive the upgrade of facilities, right? I'm not aware of anything new that Dabo is doing on the academic & faculty side. Is there something?

I agree that Dabo is NOT on the hotseat, but that's because he won the Atlantic twice and the ACC in 2011. But Barnhart makes it sound like Dabo is not on the hotseat because Dabo has taken the unusual approach of building a program.

Somehow it seems that Mr Football is expecting more...

Jul 7, 2012, 12:19 AM

from Dabo than we got from TB. I know ### well we are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Somehow it seems that Mr Football is expecting more...

Jul 7, 2012, 10:17 AM

We expected more from TB but, TB was more interested in more money, and to h&ll with better FB. I wish that Clemson would have left TB at Tulane where he actually belonged. He was a bad hire that cost Clemson another Ten years of being maybe average.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right? Right?.... WRONG!!!***

Jul 7, 2012, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Is Dabo building a program in some way that Bowden wasn't? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you provide specific examples, like I did?***

Jul 7, 2012, 1:25 PM

Re: Can you provide specific examples, like I did?***

Jul 9, 2012, 10:48 AM

ACC Champs!!!!!!!!

Re: Is Dabo building a program in some way that Bowden wasn't?

Jul 7, 2012, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Is Dabo building a program in some way that Bowden wasn't? ]

1) He is bringing in very good players. But so did Tommy Bowden, right? JD, CJ, Sapp, Bowers, et al.
Tommy never brought in the depth of good players that Dabo has. Those were all very good players but without a supporting cast. And remember who recruited CJ.
2) He is building the infrastructure and support to make this a good program for a long time. Not only on the football side, but in academics and with the faculty. But so did Tommy Bowden, right? Tommy did a lot more than Dabo to drive the upgrade of facilities, right? I'm not aware of anything new that Dabo is doing on the academic & faculty side. Is there something?
Not sure about the faculty side, but Dabo's teams have excelled in the classroom.
http://www.myorangeupdate.com/2012/06/clemson-athletes-set-record-in-classroom/

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 7, 2012, 6:29 PM

Regarding recruiting...
Following are the Rivals.com's class rankings for the last 3 full years of coaching, in reverse-chronological order.
Dabo: #14, #8, #19
TB: #12, #16, #16
It may be oversimplifying, but I don't see much difference, and Bowden had Clemson's recruiting on an upward trajectory. Both coaches seem relatively weak on interior O-line recruiting, and both coaches have suffered the consequences. Otherwise, both have recruited well for skill players & DL. Both have had mixed bags on the defensive back 7.

Regarding academics...
According to the article you cited:
"Clemson’s football program had a 2.61 team GPA, just below the all-time record of 2.63 set in the spring of 2008." So Bowden actually set the academic record in his last year, and Dabo is just below that.
http://www.myorangeupdate.com/2012/06/clemson-athletes-set-record-in-classroom/

Just can't be happy, can ya Razz?***

Jul 10, 2012, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2012, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Is Dabo building a program in some way that Bowden wasn't? ]

Clemson has never had the level of talent that it is assembling under the tutelage of Dabo.
They have had great players but never as many on the same cycle as they have now, yes I'm including the Ford years.
Depth at each position is finally getting addressed although some are still iffy.
The Clemson team being amassed is is certainly going to give a lot of joy to the diehard Clemson fans.
Shoot I love them when they lose, it's just easier when they win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Jul 7, 2012, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Is Dabo building a program in some way that Bowden wasn't? ]

Yeah he is playing in ACC championships and winning them, did TB?

You obviously didn't read my original post before commenting***

Jul 7, 2012, 6:52 PM

Jul 9, 2012, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Is Dabo building a program in some way that Bowden wasn't? ]

Concerning Facilities:

Indoor Football Practice Facility. Ready soon. Steel should start going up any time now. Hey you can go in and watch from the Public Lobby Platform.

Mr Football? according to whom? That's a joke***

Jul 7, 2012, 6:34 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic