Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Around 6000 tickets remain for season opener against Aub
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Around 6000 tickets remain for season opener against Aub

Jul 5, 2012, 9:52 AM

Aorund six thousand tickets remain for season opener against Auburn

The Clemson ticket office said Thursday at around six thousand tickets remain for the season opener against Auburn in the Georgia Dome, with only one thousand of those being in the lower level. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did people purchasing from Auburn know where their seats

Jul 5, 2012, 10:10 AM

would be?

I started to buy 4 on the Clemson site a couple of weeks ago but stopped when I saw that they couldn't tell me where my seats would actually be....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here

Jul 5, 2012, 10:16 AM

I want lower level, but don't want to get stuck in the far corner having paid the same as someone sitting on the 40.

They should be able to tell you what tickets you're buying.

Why not?

Jul 5, 2012, 10:51 AM

My seats at the Alabama/Clemson game in the Georgia Dome were the last row in the upper deck in the corner, and they weren't bad seats. I've had worse seats in Clemson's lower deck than I have in the Dome's upper.

It's a great stadium, and there isn't a bad seat in the house.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did people purchasing from Auburn know where their seats

Jul 5, 2012, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Did people purchasing from Auburn know where their seats ]

No one knows where their seats will be. You only know if they are lower deck, club level, or upper deck. If you do a little research, you will see that students will be able to purchase lower level seats in the end zone. So lower level Iptay and general admission will be between the goal lines. It didn't really matter to me as long as it was lower level, not really a bad seat in the Georgia Dome.

The lower level seats in the coners suck....

Jul 5, 2012, 10:22 AM

and the problem is exacerbated as you get closer to field level. The sight lines are terrible especially toward the opposite end of the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The lower level seats in the coners suck....

Jul 5, 2012, 10:57 AM

Lower level seats in the corners suck in most stadiums. My point was that I have been to about 10 games in the Georgia Dome. I have sat in both upper and lower level seats and have not been disappointed. Based on my experiences, I am willing to take the chance on getting decent seats. Otherwise, I would be looking to pay a premium on EBay, tiger net, or Craigslist.

Since we were allocated 31K tickets - I'm sure the Georgia

Jul 5, 2012, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Did people purchasing from Auburn know where their seats ]

Dome folks told us which tickets we had, right?

I'm just curious if this is just our ticket people being slack in how they handled ticket orders...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think its our ticket people being slack

Jul 5, 2012, 10:33 AM

I will say that they would have had to map the whole Georgia Dome into their system as well as the available ticket allotment breakdown, which is time consuming and they might not have the resources to do so with all the preparation for other Clemson events on-campus. Either way, they are going to take a time hit on processing.

Doubt they did. Just GO SUPPORT THE TIGERS! Auburn

Jul 5, 2012, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Did people purchasing from Auburn know where their seats ]

obviously is - they've sold out. Now Auburn is gonna come after ours!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have my block of 10. Go Tigers!!!***

Jul 5, 2012, 11:48 AM

Re: Front Page Story: Auburn vs Clemson fan bases

Jul 5, 2012, 10:10 AM

Auburn claims to have 200000 living alumns while Clemson claims 113,000. If the non alum fans and general interest folks follow in similar proportions it stands to reason they would sell out more quickly than us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Auburn vs Clemson fan bases

Jul 5, 2012, 10:29 AM

By comparison, Clemson is a small school and it is amazing what we accomplish with our small alumni base. I talked with a young lady a few weeks ago who recently graduated from Texas. I asked her what the enrollment was at TU and she said, counting the graduate students, 50,000. Alumni means money. We are at a big disadvantage in the respect. Most of you will disagree, but without IPTAY, Clemson would be in bad shape athletically. If you are an alum ... donate. IPTAY takes donations from everyone and all the money is put to good use. So don't complain because you do have a way to make things better.

And buy those remaining Auburn tickets!

Did Clemson do a poor job marketing the game?

Jul 5, 2012, 10:30 AM

I heard tickets were on-sale on tigernet. Did they send out email campaigns and press releases when they went on sale? I am just surprised with 50,000 plus season ticket holders that they did not snag up most if not all of the tickets like they did for the Clemson-Alabama game.

Re: Did Clemson do a poor job marketing the game?

Jul 5, 2012, 10:32 AM

Honestly, if I had snagged up a couple tickets to the Clemson/Alabama game, sat and tailgated through miserable heat in downtown atlanta and then watched that game and had a 4 hour drive back, I might would think twice as well....

Jul 5, 2012, 10:35 AM

yep that was disappointing as well. really bad start to the season. I always think playing good teams early motivates players. didnt do much for us that time thoufghh

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Tommy Bowden. I did say when leaving Atlanta

Jul 5, 2012, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Did Clemson do a poor job marketing the game? ]

last year that I wasn't coming back! I bought two tickets to the aweburn game---lol GO TIGERS!!

you guys know it's "snapped up," not "snagged up," right?***

Jul 5, 2012, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Clemson do a poor job marketing the game? ]

Jul 5, 2012, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Did Clemson do a poor job marketing the game? ]

I am pretty sure anyone that has an email address on file with Iptay or the ticket office received an email about tickets about a month ago. I think there were some Iptay members that are a little gun shy about buying away tickets from Iptay due to past bowl and ACCCG experiences. Some thought they could get better tickets through other avenues not realizing that the two schools had most of the tickets.

so has IPTAY taken care of their own? Would they have better

Jul 5, 2012, 11:51 AM

results if they did a better job of taking care of their donors?

Only 5,996 left now.***

Jul 5, 2012, 10:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

COME ON Clemson fans!! Don't let Auburn people get any

Jul 5, 2012, 11:07 AM

of OUR tickets!! We're gonna be there to support our TIGERS!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there

Jul 5, 2012, 1:26 PM

going to be a separate student distribution once fall semester starts?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call 1-800-CLEMSON to find out.***

Jul 5, 2012, 5:40 PM

I ordered my 4 Lower Levels......GO TIGERS!***

Jul 5, 2012, 1:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Seriously!!!

Jul 5, 2012, 7:47 PM

I just bought mine and started my new iptay membership. Ive been going to bowl games, home games, away games, or whatever since i was small. You dont go to stubhub to save a few bucks, you buy from who supports your school. It sure isnt stubhub. Ive gone to Clemson games as long as i can remember and im ashamed to hear some of you talk about not knowing where your seat will be. Who cares, your supporting your school and watching the tigers kick butt. Sorry for the rant.

+1 for the rant !! Agree 100%. Tired of hearing whining &

Jul 5, 2012, 9:23 PM

excuses for not supporting this team!These are NOT the Tiger fans of the past. We sat thru a 2-9 season & still showed up!

I've gotten tix from StubHub before...

Jul 6, 2012, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Seriously!!! ]

...and believe me that it's not the norm save any money when doing that. I've usually paid about $200/ticket each time I've gotten them from StubHub. You can say I'm not a true fan if you'd like b/c of buying from StubHub, but I live in TX and can only make about one game per year (if that). Thus, I want a good seat when I do go, and StubHub gives me that option. By the time I'm able to make a decision on what game I'll be able to make, it gets pretty hard to come by lower level seats. I'm speaking of Death Valley, of course. If my situation were different and I lived closer, I would go through IPTAY to buy season tickets. However, StubHub has its place for people like me who can only make one game/year and will pay for where they want to sit. I would prefer to go through Clemson to get the seats I get from StubHub (1-800-CLEMSON is always my first call), but all I can usually get through Clemson is upper deck seats.

I'm not ranting, just giving my perspective on getting seats for football games.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

You, SIR, are one of the FEW who has a real legitimate

Jul 6, 2012, 10:33 AM

reason!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic